ProLaxShop

Getting to the venue

Moderator: ELA Staff

julius125

Getting to the venue

Postby julius125 Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi, I'm staying in Manchester from the 15th to the 20th of July... The Hostel I'm in is on Newton Street, which is near an hour walk (according to Google) from the Championships venue, and being a student with no car or proper income I can't really afford to take a taxi there and back each time...

Information on the local buses would be appreciated, but does anyone feel they could help out a lax-brother? If anyone heading to the championships passes through that way or close to it, and could make a quick stop to pick me up I'd really appreciate it... I'd contribute to petrol costs and all, I just sort of need the help!

If anyone thinks they could help then please PM me, then hopefully be able to work something out... Thanks in advance!
fight, dress your wounds, then fight again...

Croydon #51
Kent Lacrosse #51

Any views expressed by 'julius125' are not necessarily those held by Croydon Lacrosse Club, who should not be held responsible for any offence that may be interpreted from my posts on any forums.
buckers_the_great

Re: Getting to the venue

Postby buckers_the_great Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Why not take a bike? I'm working there for the 2 weeks and thats how i'm planning to get around.

Buckers
Flt Lt Mark Buckley
RAF High Wycombe

RAF Lacrosse (Association Secretary) #17 2005-2020
SEMLA Referee
Welwyn Warriors #whatever's going spare 2011
Newcastle Knights #17 2008-2010, Toon Army #17 Forever
julius125

Postby julius125 Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:17 pm

buckers_the_great wrote:Why not take a bike? I'm working there for the 2 weeks and thats how i'm planning to get around.

Buckers

That's a great idea, but afraid I'm flying out there so could be a bit difficult lol... Still thanks for that, I'll possibly look into hiring one - great way to stay in shape whilst away from the gym! :D

Croydon #51
Kent Lacrosse #51

Any views expressed by 'julius125' are not necessarily those held by Croydon Lacrosse Club, who should not be held responsible for any offence that may be interpreted from my posts on any forums.
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Failing that I suggest buying a 7 day Stagecoach bus pass for £11 and taking one of the very frequent buses from the city centre. Buckers will you be wearing your Bluesfest saturday night kit? If so you will be very popular round canal street and not be short of a lift!
buckers_the_great

Postby buckers_the_great Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:13 am

Moaning Git wrote:. Buckers will you be wearing your Bluesfest saturday night kit? If so you will be very popular round canal street and not be short of a lift!

That outfit has been put into semi retirement, the price to wear it again is pretty high, not sure anyone round Manchester could afford it!
Flt Lt Mark Buckley
RAF High Wycombe

RAF Lacrosse (Association Secretary) #17 2005-2020
SEMLA Referee
Welwyn Warriors #whatever's going spare 2011
Newcastle Knights #17 2008-2010, Toon Army #17 Forever
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:13 pm

Ok, save it for your next posting. They have found oil down there so plenty of rich penguins!
webby

Postby webby Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:30 pm

buckers_the_great wrote:That outfit has been put into semi retirement, the price to wear it again is pretty high, not sure anyone round Manchester could afford it!

True, I hear a pint of cider is pretty expensive round Manchester. :P
Sheffield University 2005-2008
Northumbria University 2008-2011
Newcastle upon Tyne 2008-Present
http://www.nutlax.com
Bme

Postby Bme Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:14 pm

Im staying in the uni halls about an hour walk from the venue, I think it may be a nice hangover cure if the weather is good, I'm also skeptical at google maps ability to judge the speed at which I walk though with a hangover it may be longer... But if there is a number of people walking the same way it may end up being like a mini parade everyday (hopeful I know). At the very least it will be good exercise.
Ex-York lacrosse club #26 07-09
Ex -Bath University Lacrosse Club 09-10
Bath 09-
Team Dork #26 2010 dublinfest
Viking Lax #26
julius125

Postby julius125 Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:29 pm

Bme wrote:Im staying in the uni halls about an hour walk from the venue, I think it may be a nice hangover cure if the weather is good, I'm also skeptical at google maps ability to judge the speed at which I walk though with a hangover it may be longer... But if there is a number of people walking the same way it may end up being like a mini parade everyday (hopeful I know). At the very least it will be good exercise.

Hmmm, probably what I'll do actually... And that's true with google maps, I have many times turned a 30 minute walk into 10 minutes! :wink:

Yep, should be alright... Away from the gym for a few days, the exercise will be needed lol! Thanks for the helps! :D

Croydon #51
Kent Lacrosse #51

moroto

Postby moroto Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:21 pm

Buckers will you be wearing your Bluesfest saturday night kit? If so you will be very popular round canal street

Return to “Supporters”