ProLaxShop

SOUTH YORKSHIRE..INTEREST IN A WOMEN'S TEAM?

All discussion for womens lacrosse in the UK

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
steelieschick86

SOUTH YORKSHIRE..INTEREST IN A WOMEN'S TEAM?

Postby steelieschick86 Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Hey,

Just scouting for interest in the Yorkshire/South Yorkshire region as my friend is looking at setting up a new Lacrosse club near Rotherham/Doncaster. Anyone out there up for that? At the moment there's only the Sheffield team, and the Leed's Team...nothing else.

Msg me for more info and I can pass on the email address etc.

x
c_green

Re: SOUTH YORKSHIRE..INTEREST IN A WOMEN'S TEAM?

Postby c_green Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:14 pm

I was told a mens team is being set up in Doncaster, I don't know who setting it up or what stage they are at. Will try to find out some more details and get back to you. Might be worth combining efforts and sharing equipment and facilities.

Chris
University of Lincoln Lacrosse 2008-2011
Lincoln City Lacrosse Club 2011-
steelieschick86

Postby steelieschick86 Wed May 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi,

I have been told about the Men's Doncaster team and I think it's Gaz whom is setting it up. I completely agree with combining efforts etc.., and have said myself and the girls helping will happily work together as much as possible. I am also in talks with members on the ELA and the county lacrosse committee to make sure it is all done properly.

The good thing is that kit wise a women's club should be much cheaper to set up. The biggest thing we will be needing are (obviously) more members, and links with coaches and umpires. We are looking to team up with local sports clubs and run some "open days" to get new players, even complete beginners to try the sport and get interest in it. We are aiming to be a club for complete beginners, and as time goes on add first and second teams to allow more experienced players to excel as well.

It's all going to be very exciting, and for both new clubs will be a big challenge.
steelieschick86

Postby steelieschick86 Wed May 04, 2011 8:26 pm

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002301356102 page is set up to gain interest via fb
fizz

Postby fizz Wed May 04, 2011 10:07 pm

NOt sure if you are planning to enter the team for 2011/2012 season but team entrys need to be put in this month, there is also a north womens agm this month which might be worth coming to if you are going ahead with this. Newcastle as also thinking about putting in a team.

PM me your email address so I can have you put on the distribution list. The nwla emails are nwla@hotmail.co.uk and/or nwla.secretary@gmail.com

cheers Fiona.
steelieschick86

Postby steelieschick86 Fri May 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Hey,

We are aiming to enter next year for the 12/13 season. Giving us a year to train, recruit and try and get some friendly matches organised. Glad to hear Newcastle is entering a team too. The more women's clubs in the North east...the better! I have pm'd you my email...but we have set up a club email to get started... phoenixlacrosseclub@gmail.com so any contacts or information you need or want to pass on feel free to email this x.

Thanks again to all those helping, this club is taking shape quite quickly.
fizz

Postby fizz Sun May 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Sorry didn't get any PM regarding your email address? Looking forward to seeing you guys in the league.
steelieschick86

Postby steelieschick86 Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:45 pm

Done now x.

Anyone out there from Yorkshire looking to play for a team outside of University get in touch xoxox

Return to “UK Womens”