ProLaxShop

bahh. South West/Devon ANYONE? :( I need a team.

All discussion for womens lacrosse in the UK

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
el3000

bahh. South West/Devon ANYONE? :( I need a team.

Postby el3000 Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:04 pm

I'm under 15. I moved from london recently, have no team, the closest is exeter, bu that's males. i'm female. ;| and they are old and stuff? idk.

PlEASE help me? in any way ? thanks ? :S :D
WelshPikey

Postby WelshPikey Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:04 pm

Plymouth have recently produced a university ladies team, and a Marjong team for all ages (ladies as well as an inconsistant mens team). I don't know how far along they are in the growth process, but i know they have already had a few friendlies. PM me if your interested and i'll try and grab a few contact details for you.
Wales #11
SLL #17
Cardiff Harlequins #17
X - Swansea Hawks #7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chippie

Postby chippie Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:29 am

get in touch with exeter...they also have womens lacrosse, you might be able to train with the uni....as for games, you couldnt play for them in bucs but you could play mixed lacrosse for them
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
Kari Gosnay-Jones

Postby Kari Gosnay-Jones Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:15 am

I know this probably in going to sound totally ridiculous......but why not contact some of the South West School teams and ask if at a minmum you could train with them and maybe even play for them. Why not? If you don't ask you don't get.

Let me know if there is major objection or some rule in place that is preventing you from doing this. I will just add this to my list of things to take to WPC if you like

I seem to remember there is another "rule", that says, if your county or territory does not have team you can trial for your nearest county or territorial team, why shouldn't this apply to other teams like school teams, in exceptional circumstances such as yours.

I hope you get what you need.
Kari Gosnay-Jones
Stockport Lacrosse Club

If no one raises issues, if no one asks questions, then no one is accountable and nothing will change.
Kev

Postby Kev Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:20 pm

it depends where in devon you are. I had a similar problem when used to live in north devon. the closest team to me was exeter and i just couldnt commit to get there. If you are around north devon eg barnstaple, ilfracombe try contacting some of the local colleges as i know the north devon sixth form college has got lacrosse gear but nobody uses it. if you're down there for the long term it's probably best to start something up.....
anntaylor

Re: bahh. South West/Devon ANYONE? :( I need a team.

Postby anntaylor Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:19 pm

whats the requirement if someone wants to join your team?
lemartiine

Re: bahh. South West/Devon ANYONE? :( I need a team.

Postby lemartiine Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:02 pm

anntaylor wrote:whats the requirement if someone wants to join your team?

have you get your answer?? :roll:

Return to “UK Womens”