Any ladies in essex/ north east london area

All discussion for womens lacrosse in the UK

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
mahoney

Any ladies in essex/ north east london area

Postby mahoney Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 pm

I have noticed a distinct lack of ladies clubs around this area, the nearest to me (romford) being either black heath or croydon, each are about an hour away by car....which is a bit rubbish for going to training, cause who wants to trapse that far, play for 2 hours then go back again?
anywho....back to the point

if any ladies in this area want to play but have no where to train, leave a message here, because i was looking to trying to set up a team in this area (i do have an idea for where there is an exisiting club, but have to recheck this is still alright with them as i spoke to them 8 months ago.....). I just wanted to see how much support this idea could have, because i really want to play lax when i leave university, and i'm sure im not the only person in this area who does. So if anyone wants to, or know's anyone that would want to please leave a reply, or email me: emmalhoney@hotmail.com
chippie

Postby chippie Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:28 am

i think i heard somewhere that the uni of essex were looking to start lax....maybe get them involved
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
davewilliams

Postby davewilliams Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:51 am

Just wanted to resurrect a worthy topic. Emma's starting a good thing here; we are in the middle of two ex-Ladies clubs (Barnet Ladies and Chelmsford Hurons) and with the growth of Uni lacrosse there has to be a graduate/holiday audience for this idea.

(chippie, Emma is at least an hour from Colchester, 20 mins from BHLC. Essex is a big county!)
Buckhurst Hill Cricket & Lacrosse Club
El Guapo

Re:

Postby El Guapo Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:10 pm

davewilliams wrote:Just wanted to resurrect a worthy topic. Emma's starting a good thing here; we are in the middle of two ex-Ladies clubs (Barnet Ladies and Chelmsford Hurons) and with the growth of Uni lacrosse there has to be a graduate/holiday audience for this idea.

(chippie, Emma is at least an hour from Colchester, 20 mins from BHLC. Essex is a big county!)

I thought there was some serious talk of Barnet merging into BHLC not so long ago?

It sounds to me as if Essex needs a club right in the county centre to bridge the gap between BHLC and Colchester. Perhaps laying down the foundation for a Chelmsford based club should be the next step? Is there any potential of working together with the local university and colleges (ARU and Writtle)?
Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
davewilliams

Chelmsford

Postby davewilliams Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:57 pm

Patrick, sorry it's taken so long to reply. You're right, there is so much potential in my home town, it'd be easy to spread the effort too thin, but cooperation is a great idea.
Not forgetting the subject is Ladies Lacrosse, New Hall (fee-paying) School has a lapsed tradition of playing the game, and Sandon School has equipment for 3 weeks pop lacrosse in the summer term. I'm not aware of any lacrosse in Anglia Ruskin Uni or Writtle College of Agriculture, but they both have decent facilities. There was a rumour of the game starting this year at Anglo-European School, and I'm sure our County School for Girls and your Colchester High School would take an offer of coaching and equipment to get some competition going. Emma is working at Brentwood School, which would be another great project, linking schools all down the A12 from coast to M25.
Wouldn't it be good to show the game lives East of Hertfordshire/South of Norfolk?

pm'd you about a Witham project.
Buckhurst Hill Cricket & Lacrosse Club
babyant

Re: Any ladies in essex/ north east london area

Postby babyant Thu May 12, 2011 10:09 am

Essex uni does indeed have a team and we are pushing hard to transfer this into a Colchester Ladies team to play weekend games as of September. So if anyone is closer to Colchester then PM me for details. Also as a new team it would be good to get some pre-season games between us as we're so close!
Winning isn't everything, wanting to is

Return to “UK Womens”