sending people off

Discuss mixed rules here

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Wolfey1313

sending people off

Postby Wolfey1313 Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:39 pm

Heres one I am not sure about. Can you send someone off in mixed lacrosse? If so when can you do it?
For instance if someone is badmouthing the ref on pitch do they get sent off for the entire game after a few warnings or can they sub back on after an extended period of time?
Or if someones constantly shooting through or playing dangerously are they sent off after how many warnings?
I was just curious to know :)
Swansea Hawks Goalie

Number *17*
mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:48 pm

standard yellow and red card procedures

dangerous play can result in a yellow - will depend on the ref etc..
ahhh ... the whit
Whitey

Postby Whitey Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:54 pm

I would suggest that as mixed lacrosse is only a bit of a laugh, anyone playing in such a way that involves danger to others or being rude to the ref - should just be told to get off the field by the ref and everyone else playing.
cjlax

Postby cjlax Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:06 pm

I was almost sent off in a mixed game - All I did whilst stood next to a female opposition attacker was shout BOO REALLY LOUD when she was about to catch the ball. (she droped it, I picked it up and ran off) the female opposition ref stopped the game and said she'd send me off if i did it again :roll:

i don't think women should get sent off, we were playing away somewhere (can't remember, probably drunk at the time) and the opposition had a girl sent off for a high check or dangerous play or something like that and she cried! - poor girl!

So to conclude - mixed is fun, should be a laugh!
(PS I think any male player with a mens stick who thinks he looks tough running through a bunch of girls and fellow male mixed players should be sent off!!)
Whitey

Postby Whitey Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:06 pm

Anyone from a Uni which has both mixed and men's teams and chooses to only plays the mixed version of the game - should be banned!
cjlax

Postby cjlax Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:35 pm

lol!
CALLING ALL MIXED ONLY MEN - HOW MANY OF YOU ARE OUT THERE!?

I'm interested to know why you only play mixed? - This is a serious question! - please post in the new thread!

Sorry to Wolfey for hijacking!!

Back on topic here please.....sendings off!
Wolfey1313

Postby Wolfey1313 Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:58 am

I will forgive you.... this one time at least :twisted:
Swansea Hawks Goalie

Number *17*
goldenboy

Postby goldenboy Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:52 pm

I'm Cardiff Uni's nominated mixed referee and in all the matches i've reffed i've only ever sent one player off and that was only as a joke as it was the last minute (Mandy take a bow). A Swansea player was on his final warning in the regional tournament last year (no need to name and shame) for over aggression and dangerous play but nehaved after I told him if he committed another foul he was off. Its very rare, in my experience, to see the levels of dangerous play required to send someone off. Generally you warn them once and they're fine for the rest of the game.

Return to “Mixed Lacrosse Rules”