Play in a men's team? All men's specific forums can be found here

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of the ELA men's rules can be found here
UKLaxfan

England Player Watch 2012

Postby UKLaxfan Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:48 am

There are lots of negative threads on here about people being unhappy with this or that

How about a positive thread?

If you have played against a player who had a fantastic game then why not give him some props on here.

The European Championships are next summer, Amsterdam 2012 the best players should be mentioned here a lot if they deserve to be Internationals.

Prem 2:

#1 Mellor (Attack) - Will Sugden

Will had a great game yesterday and was a constant threat to goal, he was happy to take on Poles 1v1 and scored on individual moves left and right handed.
He is predominantly a righty with a powerful outside shot, with excellent overhand technique but has a variety of shooting styles. Yesterday he made the most of the conditions bouncing the shot off the firm ground so it finished just under the crossbar.
He is fast, good stick protection, excellent lateral movement and a quick first step on dodging.
If England have 5 better attack plays the his performance yesterday then they will be in good shape
He finished the game (4G, 1A)
lemon

Re: England Player Watch 2012

Postby lemon Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Adam Zussman- Heaton Mersey.

Never to be underestimated!
Wacs10

Postby Wacs10 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:59 pm

I think Suggy is a great shout he's a class act, I think we should now see the emegance of the 2008 England U19 team members following in Jordan Levack, Sam Russell and Jak Vav's footsteps into the full England set up, the team was very talented and know what it takes to win.

People like Mike Armstrong F/O, Tom Leahy LSM, James Prescott D, Greg Rowlinson & Max Leonard Mid should all be making a push.

Will they include any of the 2012 England U19 team? Jack Brook from Timp should also be worth a good luck as he missed qualifying for the U19 team by one day!!!
HEAD, HEART HUSTLE.
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Wacs10 wrote:I think Suggy is a great shout he's a class act, I think we should now see the emegance of the 2008 England U19 team members following in Jordan Levack, Sam Russell and Jak Vav's footsteps into the full England set up, the team was very talented and know what it takes to win.

People like Mike Armstrong F/O, Tom Leahy LSM, James Prescott D, Greg Rowlinson & Max Leonard Mid should all be making a push.

Will they include any of the 2012 England U19 team? Jack Brook from Timp should also be worth a good luck as he missed qualifying for the U19 team by one day!!!

Mike Armstrong is not just a FOGO, he is an excellent two way middie who can also Face-off, he is a good call

James Prescott is a lock in my opinion, best defender I saw play last year when he Captained Durham

Max Leonard is rapid and will hopefully be tearing it up in Prem One at B&E alongside Dave McCulloch who was misused in WC2010

I've not seen the others play recently

So who lse has started well this season?
lemon

Postby lemon Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:26 pm

All quality suggestions put forward fellas.

Will be great to see the 2008 England U19s squad breaking into the senior team, some real talent on offer.

Other players to have a look for include Tim Blower (goalie), Tommy Kirkland (LSM) and Josh Hurry (D) (all currently at Sheff Uni).

Tommy playerd for Scotland in the worlds.... will be interesting to see if he will try out for England in build up to Denver 2014. Josh Hurry just made the U19's age eligibility by a couple of days, will provide some real expereince and quality for the 2012 England U19s
gazmanofhull

Postby gazmanofhull Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:45 pm

Wasn't mentioned by lemon, but Blower was MVP in the 2011 BUCS Final against Sieverts et al!!!

Talking to James Prescott during last years BNCs I'm not sure how involved he is going to be this season due to his work commitments, so perhaps may not even try for the squad.

I do know that Kyle Standiford who played for Durham Uni, Newcastle Knights LC and Yorkshire last year is planning on trying out for D or LSM.
Chairman & LDO, Hull Lacrosse Club
YCLA Committee Member

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hull_lacrosse_club/
webby

Postby webby Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:38 pm

gazmanofhull wrote:I do know that Kyle Standiford who played for Durham Uni, Newcastle Knights LC and Yorkshire last year is planning on trying out for D or LSM.

True. Bennett Standiford is also considering it. As far as I'm aware both have English passports (Kyle definitely does).
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:05 pm

webby wrote:
gazmanofhull wrote:I do know that Kyle Standiford who played for Durham Uni, Newcastle Knights LC and Yorkshire last year is planning on trying out for D or LSM.

True. Bennett Standiford is also considering it. As far as I'm aware both have English passports (Kyle definitely does).

There will be a lot of competition at LSM - which is a good thing :)

Sam Patterson
Jak Wawrzyniak
Kyle Sandiford
Tom Leahy
Tom Kirkland
gazmanofhull

Postby gazmanofhull Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Kyle was born in London IIRC from chats with him during the BNCs.

With Matt Bagley incharge perhaps there could be a greater number of South players involved. His location would certainly mean they have greater opportunities to showcase there talents than when the Head Coach has been based in Manchester.
Chairman & LDO, Hull Lacrosse Club
YCLA Committee Member

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hull_lacrosse_club/
Dining Room

Postby Dining Room Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:43 am

UKLaxfan wrote:
webby wrote:

There will be a lot of competition at LSM - which is a good thing :)

Sam Patterson
Jak Wawrzyniak
Kyle Sandiford
Tom Leahy
Tom Kirkland

plus a new, improved Ben Mitchell
I was once part of the winning Pop Lacrosse team that defeated Wigan in the 1992 Greater Manchester Youth Games.

Here's a 150 second video about how to earn more money with me

http://www.telecomplus.co.uk/biz/videodir/home.taf?exref=C58612
LPierce

Postby LPierce Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:39 pm

I'd imagine Tommy Kirkland will carry on playing for Scotland..?
AUMLC #5 2008-2013
AUMLC Secretary 2011/12
AUMLC Captain 2012/13
Granite City Gladiators #5 2008-2013
Scotland U21 #5 BNCs 2011
Lax Bandicoot #5
Yorkshire #5 BNCs 2012
Wilmslow #55 2013-

All posts by this user are personal opinions and do not speak for any team or organisation as a whole.
Doink

Postby Doink Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:26 am

One that most people wont know I imagine
Ian Robinson (cheadle) is the best short stick defense man in the league!!
http://www.stalefish.uk.com/.
Custom Lacrosse Sportswear.
20% Off Everything "SAVELAX20" at Checkout.
mikehmlax6

Postby mikehmlax6 Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Rob Williams Heaton Mersey goalie is definitely pushing for the goalie places. He only just missed out at u19s world cup and recent England squads. Definitely one to watch out for and should move Nando out of the squad

Return to “Men's”