Play in a men's team? All men's specific forums can be found here

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of the ELA men's rules can be found here
the pom

Lacrosse Talk

Postby the pom Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Has any on else noticed that about 2-3 years ago lacrosse talk improved massively become visually more impressive and the content improved more articles from outside the lacrosse core

It now seam to have sunk back to a slightly better print quality school magazine just like the ELA website seams to be nearly unused has there been any major changes?
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
the pom

Re: Lacrosse Talk

Postby the pom Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:08 pm

that is apart from DHs run down of the All star team in the last issue
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Someone might correct me Jon but the timings coincide with when Ashley Tarran-Jones was editor and I totally agree with you. Unfortunately he moved to the States and nobody was able to fill the void.

Goes to show that it can be done but available people of such quality are few and far between in our small community.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
J-Lo

Postby J-Lo Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:43 pm

I received the latest one and its very thin.

Graphics are great but but i wasn't impressed with the articles. Worse still is that it's not the pulse and from cover to cover was all about the World Championships - The World moves fast and July's news is ridiculously out of date now.

With any luck it will be scrapped and money spent on their online offerings.
whopead

Postby whopead Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:13 pm

I agree that the mag was not in date, however when there are only 4 issues (correct?) a year they are bound to be. It has been better certainly but it still looks good. I like to have something solid to read. not keen on reading off a screen.
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
Jim13

Postby Jim13 Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Looked like a team england propeganda machine this time - was a loss to the states / canada described as a 'shock defeat' in one headline?

Also, there was a great poster opportunity with the celebrating yanks - should've been middle pages.

It's very hit and miss; as mentioned there are normally a couple of good articles. Didn't realise that Ash had left.
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop

Return to “Men's”