ProLaxShop

Long pole shooting

Advice for all the Defenders? Tips from the coaches. Advice from players.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
mad_raccoon_lax

Re: Long pole shooting

Postby mad_raccoon_lax Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:16 pm

[i][i][color=red]You can shoot anywhere with a long stick except underarm shots as they just don't work. Practice your throwing with your long stick until you find one that is right for you. Also, I find the best way is to shoot halfway between over the shoulder and sidearm as it really re;leases the ball at perfect temperement.
jake

Re: Long pole shooting

Postby jake Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:23 am

mad_raccoon_lax wrote:[i][i][color=red]You can shoot anywhere with a long stick except underarm shots as they just don't work. Practice your throwing with your long stick until you find one that is right for you. Also, I find the best way is to shoot halfway between over the shoulder and sidearm as it really re;leases the ball at perfect temperement.

I agree that shooting from the side, for me anyway, alows for more acuracy and power (?)

I've seen some poles do very powerfull rising shots though, if you know how to do it .
Cardiff Harlequins #22
SLL #42
EX UWIC #55
Livlax

Postby Livlax Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:01 am

broke my first net today with a side arm shot just inside the restrainer, got past the keeper cleanly, just wish i'd hit the top corner. i shoot low to high, get alot more power from it.
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:20 pm

If your shots are consistently going too high, move your bottom hand about 6" further up the stick, then try. I find this makes the shot alot more accurate, but takes a bit of the power out of it.

was shown this by our LDO a few weeks ago, seems to work very well.

i might actually score a goal in a game now....
Currently M.I.A. - I'll be back.
Soton Uni #33 05-12
Soton Uni Secretary 09-11

Return to “Defence Tips”