ProLaxShop

What is the best mesh

Want any advice on equipment? Or to review a piece of equipment? This is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
tobylax

What is the best mesh

Postby tobylax Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:50 pm

just wondering what everyone think the best mesh is.
Wezalmighty

Postby Wezalmighty Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:36 am

Hard mesh is it really. Just string it up and spend a few hours beating it in.

There's also some composite mesh on the market these days. Apparently its pretty neat stuff too
Wez Morris
#40 Portsmouth Uni
cjlax

Postby cjlax Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:45 pm

I love textileguru's composite mesh, small diamond double layer is the best I've found and i've tried them all, the coated stuff is just too hard and the single layer stuff doesn't like the british weather!
Dave@Reading

Postby Dave@Reading Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:12 pm

where would i get this mesh from CJ?

It sounds good
Playing again
cjlax

Postby cjlax Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:06 pm

I had a number of pieces in but just checked and it's all gone. He did put some on ebay at one point, but it may have gone by now too.

If i can find his details I'll send them to you!
P.Pexton

Postby P.Pexton Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:19 pm

It's all about the canadian mesh from monstermesh.co.uk!! Soft when dry, keeps it pocket for a consistent throw like hard mesh when wet and just generally amazing!
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:55 pm

sma6pcp wrote:It's all about the canadian mesh from monstermesh.com!! Soft when dry, keeps it pocket for a consistent throw like hard mesh when wet and just generally amazing!

I think thats the american, The canadian is hard

A piece of Catapultion/ Canadian mesh.

Catapultion Mesh is the hard coated sibling of American Mesh. It provides a similar feel to Traditional Hard Mesh. However, like American Mesh, it is nearly twice the thickness of Traditional Mesh. Catapultion may be somewhat hard to break in, but once it is, it will hold its pocket through any and all elements of nature (excluding fire). Due to Catapultion being largely unaffected by bad weather, it can be a good choice of mesh for a bad weather back up stick. Catapultion, put simply, is the ultimate in durability
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
P.Pexton

Postby P.Pexton Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:57 pm

Yeah it supposedly is but after a quick shampooing and a few games in the wet it's beautiful...more like semi hard!!!
young_trig

Postby young_trig Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:03 pm

sma6pcp wrote:Yeah it supposedly is but after a quick shampooing and a few games in the wet it's beautiful...more like semi hard!!!

Apparently its the perfect mesh for the new warrior stiffi. It should become very popular. In the future I reckon most of the men will be playing with a semi hard stiffi.
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
Mac

Postby Mac Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:00 am

Im having my head restrung similar to the way one of top players has just has his done, should be perfect for playing long stick midi with

semi hard mesh with double tramlines up the sides and 3 shooters,

lovely whip with great ball holding, the ball literally automatically centres itself in the pocket when recieved, quality!
leeds Uni mens team : Defence
Team secretary & tour organiser
LAXman CRW

Postby LAXman CRW Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:49 pm

Mac wrote:Im having my head restrung similar to the way one of top players has just has his done, should be perfect for playing long stick midi with

semi hard mesh with double tramlines up the sides and 3 shooters,

lovely whip with great ball holding, the ball literally automatically centres itself in the pocket when recieved, quality!

already done this.. it didnt quite workout but it can be good
Willson
Pomey Captain #91
Ex Blues - #91
eaglelax4

Postby eaglelax4 Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:22 am

i have a top three
i mostly use hard
but i also like 8 diamond and canadian
marshy12

Postby marshy12 Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:14 pm

i usually go for hard/dura mesh.
but remember before u put it in any stick make sure you wash it with lots of washing up liquid and use a nail brush or something similar with relatively stiff bristles to make breaking it in a **** load quicker. stretch it whilst its still wet and then dry it with a hair dryer or w/e.
i find that the pocket holds its shape in most conditions and is flexible enough to carry the ball in different parts of the pocket.
that mesh and 2 shooters and a 'u' has worked well for me in the past.

but it is about personal preference and the current playing conditions as well. if u hav consistent good playing conditions i.e. not UK, then u can get away with different stringing set ups.
WhoLostThePuck

Postby WhoLostThePuck Sat May 03, 2008 11:25 pm

I prefer 6 diamond all the way. It works beaitufully.
lacrosseplayer38

Postby lacrosseplayer38 Thu May 22, 2008 3:10 am

the best mesh is this stuff called butter mesh or something like that, its not very well known yet but in a few years it will be. its like hard mesh, but they coat it with this butter like coating. The special coating makes it so the mesh cant get wet. you can stick in t bucket of water and it will still throw the exact same. Also it lasts for a very long time. I heard this guy used one peice of it for two years and just changes which herd it weas on. the only bad thing is its $40. but i think its worth it.
cjlax

Postby cjlax Thu May 22, 2008 8:52 am

It's called Marc Mesh!
Looks good to me, but you're right seems rather expensive, and thats without shipping it to the UK!

Return to “Discussion”