ProLaxShop

What stick?

Advice for all the Defenders? Tips from the coaches. Advice from players.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Ian#4
League Mod
League Mod

What stick?

Postby Ian#4 Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:26 pm

Not much going on here, so lets chat sticks. What does eveyone use for defence?

I've just ordered a Revo Pro for Xmas with hard mesh, hope it lives up to the hype. STX Axe shaft, fairly heavy but strong enough and reasonably priced.
Leeds :: SLL :: South :: Cardiff Harlequins :: Cardiff Uni :: Penarth
goldenboy

Postby goldenboy Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:09 am

I'm sold on a Bionic - very solid, stands up to a lot of punishment
whopead

Postby whopead Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:00 am

Warrior Evos dont last too long. tho im not surer they were designed to be put on a D pole.....Warrior platinum Alloy shaft is good....its fairly cheap, light and strong!! Play with an stx x2 at the mo which is pretty sturdy...but have heard that the Warrior Revo/revo pro are good D heads!
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
bear

Postby bear Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:13 pm

i play with warrior revo good head love it, one and a half years of use and still as good, on a warrior kryptolite alloy nice and light with a slightly heavier head get some power behind it and get some good checks, only let down is the mess that came with it, cheaper than most d sticks was £97 but probally gone down now.
rhodrigo27

Postby rhodrigo27 Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:52 pm

Its all about the Revo pro The best defensive head i have ever played with by far! I have had X2's and bionics and snapped them! the Revo pro is by far the best! i have three one of which i snapped!

Definatly the only stick you can take people out with a poke check!!

My main stick is on a Warrior titan classic, its a wand. Perfect weight to it. I also have a harrow for those more thuggish games!
G'Day Bruce..............

Warrior lacrosse equipment
Flanders

Postby Flanders Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:02 pm

I got a Gait Icon head on a warrior krypto alloy shaft. As much as I like the gait head, however it is becoming pretty warped so I'll probably replace it with something stiffer, but I'm not sure what yet.
cjlax

Postby cjlax Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:56 pm

For D i have an original, original, rev from the old days, still v sturdy and strong. It's on a platinum alloy atm, becuase it was cheap and light and also becuase I don't play very much D at he moment. I have the Evo pro and if it's anything to go from then the Revo pro should be great too.
dom

Postby dom Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:47 am

Im pretty new to lacrosse but i like my krypro alloy shaft, its quite light but is a good shaft to start with.Its not to much and doesnt bend in two seconds like some of the cheaper warior ones.
kayftara

DEFENCE Heads

Postby kayftara Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:46 am

here is a selection for you,

Evo Pro, E3, Proton(now replaced by the Proton Power, Wizard.
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:35 pm

as D head? or that what you have?
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
-JamesWacs-

Postby -JamesWacs- Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:31 pm

I play with a Revo Pro on a Euro-lax longsword, the Revo is the one head ive found thats better than the Wizzard
Dave254023

Postby Dave254023 Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:28 pm

At the moment i could possibly be playing with one of the slightly rarer stick combos!! :roll:

A Krypto Pro Kevlar (Hail Ebay! And American Girlfriends!!) with a Warrior (wait for it) Laxstar!
Yes it is the bottom of the market beginner stick but before you shun it!! It has uber rigid, thick and reinforced sidewalls, i can push people over with poke checks!!! Unfortunatley this monstrosity of a stick will soon be retired to back up as i have a new STX G-Force (with the same shaft as above) that will hopefully take over the role of stick "numero uno!!". Hoping that the hold of the ball will be better!
Hillcroft D-Man #3
Swansea D-man #3 05/06 & 06/07
Let your game do the talking!
Princess

Postby Princess Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:17 pm

i just broke my revo pro's sidewall (i cried) - its only one of the little struts but u guys recon i can repair or just bite bullet and invest in new one?
rhodrigo27

Postby rhodrigo27 Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:11 pm

how old is your revo pro? if it less than a year it will still be in warrianty, i murderd my revo pro about 2 months ago (straight through the side wall and shatterd the neck) and i got a replacement.

other wise get a new one. broken sidewalls mean your pocket will be distorted and consequenty your passing off, and its dangerous, can scratch, cut and possibly impale someone. its not actully legal to play with i dont think
G'Day Bruce..............

Warrior lacrosse equipment
ibop
League Mod
League Mod

Postby ibop Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:48 pm

Extract from Rule Book

A player shall not take part in the play of the game in any manner unless he is grasping his crosse with at least one hand
A broken crosse is considered no crosse

Its a technical penatly, I'm not quite sure what the ref's call would be, its a couple of years since I did the course and I've hardly done any since.
rhodrigo is right about the safety stuff too, also, once its a bit broken, if it gets in contact it won't be as strong, so would be more likely to break in other places and make it more dangerous
The only time he takes his foot out of his mouth, is to put the other one in!

Newcastle-Upon-Tyne #4 08-
Durham #4 05-09
Princess

Postby Princess Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:39 pm

hmmm its not broken off just broken no sharp edges exposed, its just under a year i think but dont have any proof and im not 110%. il prob have a crack at repair with plastic cementing glue stuff, i dont want to get new one unless i absolutly have to i love that head have mojo with it
Ninja

Postby Ninja Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:15 pm

i've broken 2 Gait Icons and and old classic Brine Oz in the last two seasons, so have finally been forced to buy a Wizzard, and it's awesome!! finally poke check hard as fek without the head bending, warping or snapping!!! Any d man who wants an incredibly strong, rigid head, then get one! and i got it on the 5 ply mahog/ash wooden shaft for extra d fun! (think i have a grudge against attckmen) :evil:
finsbury_lacrosse

Postby finsbury_lacrosse Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:12 pm

I've got a warrior titan pro kevlar with a revo pro, I have nothing but praise for the head as do you guys by the sound of it, but my shaft even though it is supposed to be the strongest on the market has a 12 degree kink in it and some serious dents, iit's only been in use since september. I have a proton power and the new sci ti premier from stx on the way. Let you know what thats like as soon as it arrives.
D-pole forever
cjlax

Postby cjlax Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:16 pm

Nice set up! Even though Titaniums are supposed to be super strong, they make up for the weight factor by being thinner than the others and this is why they sometimes dint. Also if you enjoy dishing out some cross checking, especially D men, this will add to the stress points causing it to bend more easy. Even though - I've still seen aluminiums bend and snap just at the sight of the titanium!
Princess

Postby Princess Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:35 pm

id agree with that had a c555 or what evere the right brine one is bend round the titan classic but my titan is a bit of a s bend

Return to “Defence Tips”