ProLaxShop

Predictions Hillcroft vs Croydon

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Predictions Hillcroft vs Croydon

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:12 pm

For the first time the loser of the East vs West playoff, Croydon, will be challenging the Premierships 9th place team Hillcroft.

How do people see this turning out? Croydon ran Bath very close in the playoffs but Hillcroft have been an established Premiership team for years now and if they get their strongest team out should still be difficult to beat.

I guess the question is have Croydon had enough matches against good enough opposition to prepare them for this match.
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
qwertyd

Postby qwertyd Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:15 pm

Of course the blue boys can WIN this game ??
james_512

Postby james_512 Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:23 pm

If Croydon get there strongest team out then they can definitely cause an upset, but I do feel that Hillcroft will come out on top.

Anybody know when and where this is being played?
angles

Re:

Postby angles Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:33 pm

in the past i'd have said croydon wouldn't have a chance but hillcroft seem to have had a poor season, perhaps too much fresh blood replacing some of their more experienced players? however hillcroft as a club does have an experience advantage playing in the prem and i agree if they can draw on this fully they could be too much for some of the less experienced croydon lads. in the end though, croydon have got to be psyched to have this opportunity and i think it may just give them the edge they will need to win this game over what must be by now some pretty demoralised yellow and blacks- only 1 win this entire season has got to be hard no matter how positive you are...

james_512 wrote:Anybody know when and where this is being played?

i'd imagine next weekend though not a clue on the location. somewhere neutral.
afro

Postby afro Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Behind Croydon 100%. They only scored less than 10 goals on one occasion all season and routinely racked the score
into the high teens. Experienced, technical defence which is tricky to penetrate. Youthful (for the most part), confident and skillful offence who move the ball very well indeed and open up plenty of goal opportunities.

Their pratically unblemished league season deserves reward. If they can get their best team out they are more than capable of a win.
*Look at all these teams and numbers*
www.blueslacrosse.co.uk
A.Croft

Re:

Postby A.Croft Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:51 pm

afro wrote:They only scored less than 10 goals on one occasion all season and routinely racked the score
into the high teens.

Im guessing your taking that stat from league performances only?
jivingjohn

Postby jivingjohn Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:06 pm

james_512 wrote:If Croydon get there strongest team out then they can definitely cause an upset, but I do feel that Hillcroft will come out on top.

Anybody know when and where this is being played?

Giles mentioned it was at Blues ground this Saturday; neutral venue pretty near both clubs.

I think it'll be close, Hillcroft have the ex-Warwick boys working together well up in attack, however having seen the Bath Vs Croydon game, Croydon seem to have quite a rapid attack as well! Defence-wise I only know of Bumby for Hillcroft and Olly for Croydon, so it may turn into goal-fest, which would be great to see!!
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:28 pm

I understand that it is next Saturday at Walcountian Blues - sorry don't know the face time - but do know the bar opens at 11.30'ish

I'm not sure which way to call this game. So I am going to shut up - for a change.

Pleased to see the game being played though and hope that it is a great end of season game - hell of a lot at stake.
Mat P

Re: Re:

Postby Mat P Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:32 pm

A.Croft wrote:
afro wrote:They only scored less than 10 goals on one occasion all season and routinely racked the score
into the high teens.

Im guessing your taking that stat from league performances only?

Probably is but really worth highlighting?

Sure you get the point and we know you beat them and they didn't score ten.

Should be a tight game, Croydon have some very good players at both ends of the pitch and if they can get some subs out I think will win but don't imagine the winning margin would be much either way.

Games at the Blues seemingly from above, what time does the game start? Weather pending might be worth heading down.
Muz

Postby Muz Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Backing the Hillcroft guys if they can sort out a full squad.
EG 32
Dave254023

Postby Dave254023 Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Game is 2:00pm F/O at Blues Ground.

I am so nervous for this game it is unreal.

I think it is a totally open game...and in no way are Hillcroft taking it lightly. We have had more people putting there name forward for this game than I have seen in the 2 seasons I have been at Hillcroft.

I am not going to make a prediction but I know that there will be a full squad of Hillcroft gents there on Saturday ready to play for prem survival to the best of their abilities.

Bumby Out..... :shock:
Hillcroft D-Man #3
Swansea D-man #3 05/06 & 06/07
Let your game do the talking!
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:54 pm

I have heard a lot of good things about Croydon this season and if Ollie Barret from the South squad is a typical example of the young players they are producing then they are going to be very good.

However if Hillcroft have their strongest team out I think they will have too much for Croydon and there is a lot of promise there if they manage to stay up. I would fear for the survival of the club if they were relegated.
Mr.Stanford

Re: Predictions Hillcroft vs Croydon

Postby Mr.Stanford Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:58 pm

Paul_lboro/wildcats wrote:For the first time the loser of the East vs West playoff, Croydon, will be challenging the Premierships 9th place team Hillcroft.

I think Swansea played and beat Oxford a few seasons ago after losing to EG in the playoff game. So it's the second time.
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:03 pm

I was going to put (I think in) but thought someone would correct me regardless.

Anyway is this not the first time we have had a 10 team prem? So im still technically right.
Dave254023

Re: Predictions Hillcroft vs Croydon

Postby Dave254023 Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:06 pm

Mr.Stanford wrote:
Paul_lboro/wildcats wrote:For the first time the loser of the East vs West playoff, Croydon, will be challenging the Premierships 9th place team Hillcroft.

I think Swansea played and beat Oxford a few seasons ago after losing to EG in the playoff game. So it's the second time.

We did and I played in that game as well...so I suppose I have a 100% record in play-off games.
Hillcroft D-Man #3
Swansea D-man #3 05/06 & 06/07
Let your game do the talking!
Mr.Stanford

Re:

Postby Mr.Stanford Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:24 pm

Paul_lboro/wildcats wrote:I was going to put (I think in) but thought someone would correct me regardless.

Anyway is this not the first time we have had a 10 team prem? So im still technically right.

Nope, your not technically right.

Your original statement mentioned nothing of a 10 team prem.

Swansea losing to EG played 9th place Oxford.

Croydon losing to bath play 9th place Hillcroft.
Hitchin

Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Good point. Just assumed in a 9 team prem there would be automatic promotion. So who do you think is going to win Rhod?
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:57 pm

not a clue, I haven't seen Croydon play.

However... How frustrated will Quins be if Croydon do win?

Hillcroft are capable of playing some decent offence, i've seen moments of it in the two games i've played them this season. If they can find some consistency and exploit the fact Croydon have younger (and i assume smaller) players they should be able to get through it.

But yeh... no prediction.
Hitchin

A.Croft

Re:

Postby A.Croft Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Mr.Stanford wrote:However... How frustrated will Quins be if Croydon do win?

... Extremely! :wink:
East Freo

Postby East Freo Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:11 pm

Hillcroft

Return to “UK Southern”