ProLaxShop

England v USA

Any posts on the Under 19's World Games in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

Wacs10

Re: England v USA

Postby Wacs10 Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:50 am

First off lets not take this out on Orange05 too much he is obviously interested in supporting England U19's as he is following all the games and posting scores for everyone, however please be aware of how flippant comments can effect the boys and parents in Turku! this tournament is still going on and I think the English Lacrosse community should back this squad!

I dont think that your comments about the 99 team are true, all the U19 teams have been successful thus far and
have had great players that are still playing the game at their clubs and country at a very high level - I think we could argue that every time there is an U19 World games the standard of other countries is differnet and really cant be compared, we have come 4th in many of the tournaments beating either Australia (3 out of 4 including this one) or Iroquois whos play has improved dramatically over the years with many players in NCAA schools etc.

Lets get behind the boys as they are repping OUR country and its them that are on the field, lets make it as fun for them and a great experience as past tournaments, these boys are fighting hard and are sacrificing a lot as im sure all members of past teams can appreciate!

Keep going boys improve throughout the tournament and take it to every team, its an experience of a lifetime and hopefully make English Lacrosse better in the future!
Last edited by Wacs10 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEAD, HEART HUSTLE.
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:06 am

Wacs10 wrote:First off lets not take this out on Orange05toomuch he is obviously interested in supporting England U19's as he is following all the games and posting scores for everyone, however please be aware of how flippant comments can effect the boys and parents in Turku! this tournament is still going on and I think the English Lacrosse community should back this squad!

I dont think thst the comments about the 99 team is really true all the U19 team have been successful thus far and
have had great players that are still playing the game at their clubs and country at a very high level - I think we could argue that every time there is an U19 World games the standard of other countries is differnet and really cant be compared, we have come 4th in many of the tournaments beating either Australia (3 out of 4 including this one) or Iroquois whos play has improved dramatically over the years with many players in NCAA schools etc.

Lets get behind the boys as they are repping OUR country and its them that are on the field and only know what has happened in this Tournament, lets make it as fun for them and a great experience as past tournaments, these boys are fighting hard and are sacrificing a lot as im sure all members of past teams can appreciate!

Keep going boys improve throughout the tournament and take it to every team, its an experience of a lifetime and hopefully make English Lacrosse better in the future!

Well Said :D

These guys are all playing their hearts out for each other and are still in the middle of the tournament

there will be lots of time for reflection after the tournament

Right Now....

Good Luck guys try to enjoy it every second of it

World & European Championships absolutely fly by at 100mph, as soon as you start to get used to the pace and level of competition it is OVER and you have to wait another 2 or 4 years before tasting it again.

Take as many photos as you can and speak to and interact with as many of the other players/coaches/fans as you can

These memories will last a lifetime if you can remember them?

And if you continue your lacrosse career you will meet and compete against some of the same guys over the next 20-30yrs

I met a guy over here who I played on the same team as in Australia in 1990, he now has a son playing for Aussie U19s. I hadn't seen or spoken to him in 22 years but it was fantastic to catch up and share memories from our days at Footscray LC in 1990 on and off the field :wink:

Happy Days...

It is easy to forget why we play and love this sport so much

it really is a Global Village

Happy Laxing
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:36 am

Dave you are there and able to easily immerse yourself in the atmosphere. Some of us are struggling with the Ustream service which at times is fine, and too often abysmal .... look at the problems with the England Aus game where even the recordings are up the cock! Not so easy to be caught up in the moment when its takes 35 mins for it to download!

That said, we are all backing the squad. I think we all know players, and if not we probably know parents who have worked hard to finance and support their kids for this event, if we sound a bit flat its because we are not there and just a bit jealous!
DL99

Postby DL99 Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 am

Short report and stats from the game

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2012/07/ ... gland-20-1
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:05 am

DL99 wrote:Short report and stats from the game

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2012/07/ ... gland-20-1

Beat me to it... good work :D

MG: There are lots of people who would like to say lots of things

Even I am learning that sometime it is best to Shut TFU :shock:

If it makes you feel better it has not stopped raining today, my throat kills and I'm losing my voice

which I'm sure a lot of people will be very happy about. :wink:
topsox

Postby topsox Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:23 pm

So if we beat finland we can come at least 4th
Same as the 99 team. Take into account the big3
Are at their strongest levels ever with way more
Playing the sport than in99 , it doesnt look so bad
Just because the scores are higher now is not just
A reflection on todays boys its a bigger pocture than
That and im suprised you dont see that
orange05
League Mod
League Mod

Postby orange05 Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:32 pm

C'mon Wales!
Just_LAX_17

Postby Just_LAX_17 Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:33 am

I am proud of the spirit shown by the England team, I am sorry that we have nothing like the resources, infrastructure, and sheer volume of players that the USA squad can call on. That is not slagging anyone off.

This isn't support and you do not seem sorry. Sounds like the lads are playing their hearts out and all you can do is compare apples to oranges. Your boys from 1999 wouldn't stand a snow ball's chance in hell against the 2012 Americans - FACT! Either support these chaps ,win or lose, or stay off the forum. Your ignorance is appalling.
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:24 am

Just_LAX_17 wrote:This isn't support and you do not seem sorry. Sounds like the lads are playing their hearts out and all you can do is compare apples to oranges. Your boys from 1999 wouldn't stand a snow ball's chance in hell against the 2012 Americans - FACT! Either support these chaps ,win or lose, or stay off the forum. Your ignorance is appalling.

Alternatively, how about you stay off the forum..?

MG is one of the people who actually contribute to this sport behind the scenes. He knows more about English lacrosse than most, so your accusation of ignorance falls well short of the mark. If it really hurts you that much to read his comments, then you need to stop reading his comments.
Wacs10

Postby Wacs10 Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:32 am

To be honest this is all very petty and im suprised a MOD from this forum would push staying off the forum!

GET BEHIND THE BOYS THE HAVE A HUGE GAME IN TWO DAYS THAT WILL STILL GIVE US A CHANCETO MEDAL!

If it be England 99 or 2008 or beyond we should all support the lads wearing red and white and carry the flag of our country!
HEAD, HEART HUSTLE.
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:55 am

Wacs10 wrote:To be honest this is all very petty and im suprised a MOD from this forum would push staying off the forum!

Allow me to clarify. I am not speaking in my capacity as a moderator. I'd tell people if I were.

You need to read the post by Just_LAX_17, then read my reply, then understand. Just_LAX_17 is the only person telling anyone to stay off the forum... the first sentence in my response is rhetoric illustrating why Just_LAX_17's suggestion is not a brilliant idea.

I've carefully read MG's original post, and I see nothing objectionable in what he says. There will be areas we disagree about, but that's life.

If I had to choose between reading posts by Just_LAX_17 (posts:1, tells MG to support a specific team or get off the forum, accuses him of ignorance) and MG (posts: couple of thousand, wide experience ofthe game, always prepared to discuss the sport, long standing commitment to development of the game) I know who it would be.
young_trig

Postby young_trig Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 am

Wacs10 wrote:To be honest this is all very petty and im suprised a MOD from this forum would push staying off the forum!

GET BEHIND THE BOYS THE HAVE A HUGE GAME IN TWO DAYS THAT WILL STILL GIVE US A CHANCETO MEDAL!

If it be England 99 or 2008 or beyond we should all support the lads wearing red and white and carry the flag of our country!

Firstly he's not a MOD, he's a league MOD who is responsible for updating league tables on the forums (a function that no longer exists).
Secondly, all he was saying to the first-time-poster was that he should give moaning_git a break before insisting he gets off the forum.

Moaning_git IMHO has only tried to start debate on what England can do to close the gap with the top 3. In no way has he intended or deliberately set out to critise the current squad who are out there playing their hearts out. His debate is relevant and its the kind of discussions that happen regularly here on the forum.

Nobody is critising the lads out there and we can also see how hard they have trained and the continual effort they have been putting in over the last 2 years! They deserve success and I sincerely hope that they achieve their targets! Keep up the hard work guys.

As for getting on peoples back because they haven't simply posted good luck messages, perhaps thats because doing something like that doesn't perhaps come naturally to people. Its not what people come here to use the forum for, so don't bash them when they don't.

You may notice in the top corner that this forum is no longer endorsed by the ELA and therefore not an official route for talking England Lacrosse. Considering the bashing that people like lax_god have given them recently, perhaps you could understand that!
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
snooplax

Postby snooplax Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:25 am

It's not the name on the back of the shirt it's the name on the front that counts.
Well done all every player selected to play for their country and play every game as if it's your last.
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:13 pm

young_trig wrote:

Firstly he's not a MOD, he's a league MOD who is responsible for updating league tables on the forums (a function that no longer exists).
Secondly, all he was saying to the first-time-poster was that he should give moaning_git a break before insisting he gets off the forum.

Moaning_git IMHO has only tried to start debate on what England can do to close the gap with the top 3. In no way has he intended or deliberately set out to critise the current squad who are out there playing their hearts out. His debate is relevant and its the kind of discussions that happen regularly here on the forum.

Nobody is critising the lads out there and we can also see how hard they have trained and the continual effort they have been putting in over the last 2 years! They deserve success and I sincerely hope that they achieve their targets! Keep up the hard work guys.

As for getting on peoples back because they haven't simply posted good luck messages, perhaps thats because doing something like that doesn't perhaps come naturally to people. Its not what people come here to use the forum for, so don't bash them when they don't.

You may notice in the top corner that this forum is no longer endorsed by the ELA and therefore not an official route for talking England Lacrosse. Considering the bashing that people like lax_god have given them recently, perhaps you could understand that!

Are you insinuating that the 2003 squad was the best England U19s there has ever been? You could at least get behind the lads or you can do one as far as I am concerned. :oops: :o :? :evil:
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:14 pm

This isn't support and you do not seem sorry. Sounds like the lads are playing their hearts out and all you can do is compare apples to oranges. Your boys from 1999 wouldn't stand a snow ball's chance in hell against the 2012 Americans - FACT! Either support these chaps ,win or lose, or stay off the forum. Your ignorance is appalling.

Really, chaps, there is no need to respond to comments like this. They are posted without thought or insight, and by the wording without seeing the games in question or reading the posts properly. Lets stick to mature informed debate!
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Oh this is getting silly now.

We are all behind the lads who are out in Finland, and we all want them to do well. I hope they stuff the Czechs, and get a great confidence boost that allows for a massive turn around result in the semis. I will be shouting as much for that to happen, as I will be screaming at my PC when the feed jams up and I miss the goals, which has happened all week.

I am not sure what else I can do to prove or pledge my support to the team apart from sacrifice a virgin and a black goat at midnight...... if I can find a virgin in Cheadle.

That said, I reserve the right to express my legitimate opinion on games, and how they are played, same as everyone else, without getting personal!
buckers_the_great

Postby buckers_the_great Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Moaning Git wrote:I am not sure what else I can do to prove or pledge my support to the team apart from sacrifice a virgin and a black goat at midnight...... if I can find a virgin in Cheadle.

That said, I reserve the right to express my legitimate opinion on games, and how they are played, same as everyone else, without getting personal!

I think its meant to be a white goat at midday during the 'summer' months though you could argue summer hasn't started yet? And good luck with the second one!

And may I state I enjoy seeing your opinions on here (and sometimes even agree with them :D ).
Flt Lt Mark Buckley
RAF High Wycombe

RAF Lacrosse (Association Secretary) #17 2005-2020
SEMLA Referee
Welwyn Warriors #whatever's going spare 2011
Newcastle Knights #17 2008-2010, Toon Army #17 Forever
admin
Admin
Admin

Postby admin Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Nobody is wrong or write the forum is freedom of speech.

Say what you want but remember the rules - don't insult your team mates, fellow players or businesses who support the game. We are all here for one reason - to back the teams represented from the UK to hep grow the sport and to talk about LAX.

I must admit I haven't had chance to watch any of the games but reading on here gives me the info I need to know everyone in the comp is fighting to win.

Keep up the hard work England and the other nations....

#ReLax
webby

Postby webby Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:33 pm

mikehmlax6 wrote:nice to see the support back home, only ever slag us off when we lose how about giving us a bit of slack!

Mike,

All the members of Newcastle LC are 100% behind you and the rest of the guys. It sounds like the team is working hard, playing out of the skins and doing themselves and their country proud. I look forward to the 2013-14 season when you head up to play in the true North.

Best of luck against the Czechs!

Robin
Sheffield University 2005-2008
Northumbria University 2008-2011
Newcastle upon Tyne 2008-Present
http://www.nutlax.com
Just_LAX_17

Postby Just_LAX_17 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:57 pm

I am glad to see the support for our team. My point was that comparing them to teams past is not supportive nor is it constructive. They all have access to these posts and do not need to see the discension from their country men. When the games are over it is fair to compare and contrast successes and failures. Until then these lads are still writing their own legacies.

Return to “2012 U19 Worlds”