ProLaxShop

car parking

Moderator: ELA Staff

foxy

car parking

Postby foxy Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:47 am

Does anyone have any ideas on the car parking situation, i know there is parking there but is there going to be an over flow if the parking is filled, how much is parking going to be? is there any where else near by to park? i have emailed my question to the people organising the festival but have had no response!!
gazmanofhull

Re: car parking

Postby gazmanofhull Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:39 pm

I wouldn't expect there to be any parking on site really. Parking permits are being issued for what spaces there are! Had a conference call the other night with other volunteers and it was suggested to park at Manchester Grammar.
Chairman & LDO, Hull Lacrosse Club
YCLA Committee Member

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hull_lacrosse_club/
snooplax

Postby snooplax Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:26 pm

I know that the 30 Worlds teams only have 2 car park spots per team
jsgi

Postby jsgi Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:37 pm

I was told that there was no parking even though I'm staying in the halls and there is a carpark right outside the building I'm staying in.

Will Manchester Grammar be open for parking... Are there and roads where you could park safely? Seems like another Big admin hole not having adequate parking facilities esp for those who are staying at the Halls. I would expect most people arriving to have more kit then can be easily lobbed onto public transport.
--------------------------------------------------
Blues #19

"What we have got here is failure to communicate"
laxman61

Postby laxman61 Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:06 pm

There is a small retail park on Birchfields Road (5 min walk from venue) no time limit on parking, but be there early!
foxy

Postby foxy Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Thats brilliant. wonder when they were planning on telling anyone they couldn't park there, and i wonder how many people will turn up not relaising they can't park at the venue. Its a joke really how many other events do you know where if you go you can't park there or parking is'nt provided some where. Don't really want to leave my car in a retail park all day and if i want to watch one of the 7.30pm blue division matches i'm guessing that the retail park will probebley have there gates locked and so will the school. does kind of explain why i've not had i direct response from the organisers!!
Blind Zebra

Postby Blind Zebra Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:07 pm

foxy wrote:how many other events do you know where if you go you can't park there or parking is'nt provided some where.

Anything at The O2 Centre, Lords, The Oval.......!!

BeeZee.
In glorious Black & White at a pitch near you.
foxy

Postby foxy Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:24 pm

The problem there is solved by knowing about it before hand, they tell you on the web site that it is not avaiable and the best way to over come it. they dont leave it unitl about two weeks before the event still have nothing on the web site and will more then likley have to turn people away at the gate!!
6x6

Postby 6x6 Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:55 am

Won't be a problem in 2014. Other than the stadium and the fields, there is nothing but parking at d**k's.

After posting it's funny to notice that the actual name of the facility had been edited.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a 1/2 pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
Dining Room

Postby Dining Room Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:50 pm

I would suspect the trains and buses will be much easier for the event. It's a World Games event. Even at Old trafford you park on retail car parks, pay and then walk 20 minutes to the ground!!
I was once part of the winning Pop Lacrosse team that defeated Wigan in the 1992 Greater Manchester Youth Games.

Here's a 150 second video about how to earn more money with me

http://www.telecomplus.co.uk/biz/videodir/home.taf?exref=C58612
RJ100

Postby RJ100 Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:51 pm

There was loads of street parking available this evening. Managed to park on main road just outside the stadium, arriving around 5 mins before face off.

Return to “FIL Festival”