ProLaxShop

own Food and drink banned- disgrace

Moderator: ELA Staff

Koyunbaba

own Food and drink banned- disgrace

Postby Koyunbaba Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:14 pm

I got my email today, saying go print your ticket and what do i find when i get there?

Loud and proud for the first time ever mentioned, "food and drink banned" all over the e ticket.

Interesting they get you to shell out all the beans up front then they drop that on you. I had intended going all day everyday and taking a packed lunch and having a grand time, now i find i can't take my own lunch & if i do i probably lose my season pass.

Absolute disgrace, if i could get my money back on my ticket i would.

Koy
Lax Old Boy

Re: own Food and drink banned- disgrace

Postby Lax Old Boy Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:20 pm

Will be interesting to see what they charge for food and drink. I felt that Rochdale or whoever was responsible got the prices about right for the Flags and I suppose it depends on who is responsible for the catering as to the cost at The Worlds, however if they think they are going to take advantage of the Lacrosse community in the same way some of the more high profile sports do with their spectators, it could backfire big time.
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:02 am

I've sent an email asking for a few clarifications. Will share any answers I get back...
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:31 pm

rpowell wrote:I've sent an email asking for a few clarifications. Will share any answers I get back...

I've had an initial reply, which addressed two of the half-a-dozen points I raised. Am chasing for a response on the others.

In broad terms, the reply implied "common sense" would be used for food and drink related to any potential medical requirement - the ones I was thinking of were allergies & diabetes.

But no response to the other four simple questions, which only require a yes/no answer.

I don't know if they haven't thought about these issues beforehand, or if they don't want to give a straight answer... :)
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:14 pm

So teams bringing in drinks bottles and other supplements will be disallowed entry.

Look forward to dehydration law suits.

When it happened at Lords the MCC threw toys out if pram and compromise reached.

GM have a hotel room and account around the
corner you are more than welcome to meet me for a bite to eat and a drink or two.

What's going on .....

We all want ELA to maximse return but common sense please
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:59 pm

I've received further communication on this. It reiterated that "no personal food or drink items will be allowed on the 2010 site".

I had a couple of examples I asked about - specifically, people with these tickets will not be allowed to bring in the following:
1) a sandwich
2) fruit
3) a container with powdered drink, mixed with water (I was thinking Gatorade or similar here...)
4) a water bottle
plainnash

Postby plainnash Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 pm

No. Water. Bottles..? That's insane.
Dave Nash
University of Birmingham and Birmingham City - No. 88
Wales U19/U21 2011-12 - No. 2
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:49 pm

S_24_LAX wrote:So teams bringing in drinks bottles and other supplements will be disallowed entry...

That's a slightly different matter.

The nations competing in the World Cup do not have to buy these tickets. Typically they get passes with their photo on them, which allow access. So, if no ticket required, they won't be subject to the conditions on the ticket. The national squad players and support staff (coaches, management, medical and others...) can bring as much food and drink as they want into the site. The food & drink police won't be searching Team England bags as they take to the pitch on the 15th :)

I don't know what the ticket situation is for teams competing in the Festival. In the equivalent in '94 players ended up with a whole bunch of individual day-tickets, which was a bit rubbish. But it's looking better organised this time round, so hopefully there will be a more elegant solution.

But regardless of that, I cannot see them imposing these rules on teams competing in the Festival, for the reasons you mention.

Ask the question - give them a bit of time to reply, think they are going to be pretty busy this near to the event, but I've received an answer to each query I've made.
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:02 pm

i can see space in team england bags being sold at a premium :D
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 pm

As these terms were not notified at the time of sale then they are not legitimately part of the contract. Prove a detriment and you have a case to claim in County Court.
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:36 pm

rpowell wrote:The food & drink police won't be searching Team England bags as they take to the pitch on the 15th :)

I'll be selling Wham Bars and Calypso Cups at half time.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
Mitchlax

Postby Mitchlax Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:25 am

davidmcculloch81 wrote:
rpowell wrote:The food & drink police won't be searching Team England bags as they take to the pitch on the 15th :)

I'll be selling Wham Bars and Calypso Cups at half time.

Any chance of Refreshers or Space Invaders?
Timperley LC
SUMLC
Samba Lax
Fallowfield Falcons
DanSawyer

Postby DanSawyer Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Moaning Git wrote:As these terms were not notified at the time of sale then they are not legitimately part of the contract. Prove a detriment and you have a case to claim in County Court.

I suspect there will have been a "Terms and Conditions Apply" type clause, possibly even one allowing for changes in T&C. Surely they aren't daft enough to leave that out?
Chichester Crusaders Coach.
Portsmouth Uni #66 - once upon a time.
Southampton Sabres #66 - a long time ago.
Army #7 - Tri-Services 2009

Coming soon to a sideline near you, complete with camera.
dmiddie

Postby dmiddie Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:59 pm

I believe they will find it very, very difficult to enforce!
jsgi

Postby jsgi Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:32 am

Anyone staying in the adjacent halls accommodation or knows someone staying in the halls, just leave your lunch there and pop back to scoff it, it is about 2 mins walk from the pitches. There is also a Sainsburys within 5 mins walk and assorted local food places.
--------------------------------------------------
Blues #19

"What we have got here is failure to communicate"
Blind Zebra

Postby Blind Zebra Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:05 pm

You're cheap JSGI. As Chairman, you should consider what sort of image are you creating for The Blues. Fortum & Mason do a decent hamper which can be sent daily to Levenshulme station, or if you need to save a copper or two try Harrods.

BeeZee
In glorious Black & White at a pitch near you.
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Fortum & Mason do a decent hamper which can be sent daily to Levenshulme station

Imagine a scene out of Coming To America with Eddie Murphy.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
jsgi

Postby jsgi Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:53 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:You're cheap JSGI. As Chairman, you should consider what sort of image are you creating for The Blues. Fortum & Mason do a decent hamper which can be sent daily to Levenshulme station, or if you need to save a copper or two try Harrods.

BeeZee

You bring the hampers and champers and I will provide the cozy student room to scoff it in.
--------------------------------------------------

Blues #19

"What we have got here is failure to communicate"
cybermouse

Postby cybermouse Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:50 pm

The German team are bringing boxes of delicious sausages. They will cook them on the hidden Barbecue
at the back of the main stand.
Caution...They will smell delicious...but do not eat any... as it is suspected that they may have some ground up sleeping tablets hidden inside each sausage.
They are determined to win this Lacrosse Competition.
(If you see a German Player best to just smile at them and don't mention the soccer world cup, because their sausage trick was developed there in Africa. :)
snooplax

Postby snooplax Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:50 pm

cybermouse wrote:The German team are bringing boxes of delicious sausages. They will cook them on the hidden Barbecue
at the back of the main stand.
Caution...They will smell delicious...but do not eat any... as it is suspected that they may have some ground up sleeping tablets hidden inside each sausage.
They are determined to win this Lacrosse Competition.
(If you see a German Player best to just smile at them and don't mention the soccer world cup, because their sausage trick was developed there in Africa. :)

SAUSAGE TRICK?? Is that the wrist watch?

Return to “FIL World Championships”