Admin
Admin

England V John Hopkins Highlights

Postby danscott Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Courtesy of E-Lacrosse.com we bring you the England V John Hopkins Highlights

dunk

Quick thoughts

Postby dunk Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:30 pm

I sat in on this game for a short while.

Unleash the Dogs of War.

On the few offensive possessions, the England middies repeatedly passed up high percentage shots for the "last pass." Get the boys out and have them shoot on goal.

Your defense is wasting some good goal keeping, leaving the keepers exposed on inside pass plays. The close d needs a lot of help on slides. Hopkins was moving the ball well, but no fluidity to the defense. This is a real weak spot. There is certainly no lack of athletisism on the team, just looks like they need some experience on the slides.

Again, some great saves in the goal, but wasted on nervous clearing play. I don't know the international rule on clears - is there a time limit? It just looks like England rushes on its clears all the time.

It was a great pleasure seeing the England team here in Baltimore, and I think this trip will do the team a world of good. And if I sound harsh, it's because I want them to do well here and in the tournament next summer.

Regards,

Dunk
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:06 pm

Your comments seem fair enough to me. The thing that really has to be remembered is that this team has not yet been finalised. The tour is going to be a test of stamina and character which will leave us with the best squad possible to train and prepare for peak performance next year.
dunk

England

Postby dunk Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:19 pm

I was afraid I would sound too critical. It was not my intention. I saw some very promising play, from the midfield and all around. I think the goalkeepers are spectacular.

Yes, it's early going and I think this team will acquit itself very well.

Dunk

Return to “FIL World Championships”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register