ET2 Goalie Camp

All Junior Discussion, for UK and USA

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
mikehmlax6

ET2 Goalie Camp

Postby mikehmlax6 Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Firstly, I would like to introduce myself; my name is Michael Connor I play at Wingate University in North Carolina in the NCAA Division 2. I am originally from Manchester and played lacrosse at Heaton Mersey whilst I was growing up and then moved on to Timpereley to play for the 1st team. I was fortunate to have the chance to play for the England u19s team in 2012. I have a lot of experience with working with goalies and coached the English Knights goalies for the past 3 years and have loved working with them and would now like to extend that to a broader range of goalies.
I want to take this opportunity to run a camp for goalies of all ages and all abilities. The camp will run on Sunday 27th July 12-3pm at Wilmslow. I was never able to have a huge amount of coaching as a goalie growing up in English lacrosse due to the lack of resources and ground availability. I want to give back what English lacrosse gave me and help aspiring goalies to excel to their full potential and hopefully follow me across the pond and play at college in the States.

The idea is to run a camp, which will be extremely helpful in helping goalies with everything from their physical aspect to the mental aspect of the game. I want to run a camp, which is both interesting but also fun. The camp, which unlike camps in the US will be, free and be based on donation only. The camp was set up in the name of Eddie Thornber who was an extremely talented goalie who unfortunately lost his life and the idea is to create something that will benefit any goalie that wants to better themselves.

With the help of each child who attends, I hope to turn it into a yearly event, which can progress into a hugely successful camp. Through the help of yourself this could become something which can be extremely beneficial to the growth of lacrosse and the level of abilities of children lacrosse players in the UK.

I have a mindset of where I want to go with the camp and what it can provide for each child. There will be competitions, raffles and games to make it into a fun day for everyone. The camp will be ran by Scott Weddell and myself and will be assisted by many coaches both as shooters and goalies. There will opportunities to speak to coaches about any questions about lacrosse whether it be a personal question or something to help improve, all our coaches are there to help.

I would love to see many more English lacrosse players progress over to the United States to get both an education and play lacrosse. It would be great to see you at the camp, and please fill out a registration form and come down to Wilmslow on July 27th.

Sincerley,
Mike Connor
Legally beating men with sticks since 1492
Pain is Temporary - Glory is forever
If they don't play Lacrosse in heaven, I'm not goin
you miss 100% of the shots you never take

Return to “Junior”