ProLaxShop

God I hate summer...

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
mishy

God I hate summer...

Postby mishy Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:46 pm

Ok with the season basically over im now starting to fear that pent up aggression were all gonna get from not getting our weekly dose of running about in the mud and rain and knocking each others teath out .... so what are peoples plans for the summer??

Any chance of getting a summer league going over the next yr or two (i remember seeing something like that up here in the past...) - something a bit different from the norm would be cool - like a day of 8 a side games on hyde park a couple of times a month?? (just a suggestion)

or maybe god forbid we should all switch to another sport in the summer - anyone got any thoughts/suggestions on that one??

seriously, training and a couple of tournaments just isnt enough for 6 months .... I wonder if I could fly out to new zealand and play there until september...
Mikey123

Postby Mikey123 Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:21 am

You could fly out.... but their season is probably just finishing as well. They play in the summer! Sensible
Mike
Tom_Southampton

Postby Tom_Southampton Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:14 pm

Annother sport is the way to go.
I'm just buying a 'yacht'
kjk20

Re: God I hate summer...

Postby kjk20 Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:21 pm

mishy wrote:Ok with the season basically over im now starting to fear that pent up aggression were all gonna get from not getting our weekly dose of running about in the mud and rain and knocking each others teath out .... so what are peoples plans for the summer??

Any chance of getting a summer league going over the next yr or two (i remember seeing something like that up here in the past...) - something a bit different from the norm would be cool - like a day of 8 a side games on hyde park a couple of times a month?? (just a suggestion)

or maybe god forbid we should all switch to another sport in the summer - anyone got any thoughts/suggestions on that one??

seriously, training and a couple of tournaments just isnt enough for 6 months .... I wonder if I could fly out to new zealand and play there until september...

AFL is going down on Clapham Common.
Hillcroft
Bathletes
Ex Bath Uni
Ex Bath
mishy

Postby mishy Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:14 am

Mikey123 wrote:You could fly out.... but their season is probably just finishing as well. They play in the summer! Sensible

awwww that sucks
whopead

Postby whopead Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:35 pm

Season in perth is starting in 2 weeks . Theres your answer
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
admin
Admin
Admin

Postby admin Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:32 pm

help organise a mini league for the whole country in 2 divisions then a final over the summer?
mishy

Postby mishy Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:42 pm

admin wrote:help organise a mini league for the whole country in 2 divisions then a final over the summer?

really worth a go, i think the interest is there and id love to see it happen - i dont think much is needed, maybe 5 or 6 games each a summer (dates dictated by big tournaments) with the north winners of each div playing the south at the end in a poor mans wilkinson sword match ... maybe shorter 8 a side games because of the heat (ha ha 8) )

would clubs even be interested in something like that? would they have access to pitchs etc though?
james_512

Postby james_512 Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:15 pm

pitches might be a bit difficult, but if we could find a place in london (because its easy to get to) where pitches are available, then i am sure there would be enough support from teams to get together..

Return to “UK Southern”