ProLaxShop

Results 5th April 2008

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
fifteen peter twenty

Postby fifteen peter twenty Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:49 pm

Shame that only one team can go up really...
Ash

Postby Ash Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:10 pm

there will almost certainly be issues to resolve in east 2, east one setup. As Welwyn have been promoted out of the east one and no replacement likely to be coming down a decision will need to be made there. East one will be down a team to begin with unless it has no relegation this season Otherwise two teams might be able to go up.

The bottom team in east one might even want to take relgation in which case another team would probably be bumped up.

If UEA are relegated and east coast went up that would be novel!
Reading Wildcats (#13) 2010 - Present
Southampton City (#13) 2008-2010
Reading Wildcats 2007-2008
Southampton University (#13) Pre - 2007
Chilli

Postby Chilli Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:02 pm

Reading Wildcats 10 Swansea Hawks 8
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:20 am

Chilli wrote:Reading Wildcats 10 Swansea Hawks 8

Best game i've payed this season. Lead changed many times.

Swansea were ahead 8-6 in the 4th, then a series of man downs (around 4/5/6), more than the whole game put together messed things up for swansea, top game well played all :)
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
james_512

Postby james_512 Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:13 pm

Jon_Northampton wrote:yep, can confirm EG won today. 10-8 (against Northampton). Close and very hard fought, EG fielded very strong team and seemed to want it just that little bit more..
Either way, cheers to EG - fantastic end to the season and massive well done to Brighton who's success seems to be the result of alot of practise and teamwork.

See y'all at sixes... to the pub!!

it was a good game..

shame you didnt manage to tell us where the pub was..

congrats to brighton..

and luke... you dont call me for 6 months and then you call me yesterday.. i feel used..

see you guys next season
kjk20

Postby kjk20 Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:16 pm

Mr.Stanford wrote:
Chilli wrote:Reading Wildcats 10 Swansea Hawks 8

Best game i've payed this season. Lead changed many times.

Swansea were ahead 8-6 in the 4th, then a series of man downs (around 4/5/6), more than the whole game put together messed things up for swansea, top game well played all :)

It was a nailbiter. Followed by an excellent night out on the town.
Hillcroft
Bathletes
Ex Bath Uni
Ex Bath
jsgi

Postby jsgi Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Hitchin A 12 (or 13) Blues twooz 15. A fitting finale to the season with the two best 2nd teams in sthe south duking it out.

A very close fought game in awful conditions weather wise. Sam in the Blues Goal had a storming 2nd half (except the own goal) with both attacks looking like scoring when they had the ball.

Cheers to Ray and Hitchin for the hospitality as ever. Shame you lost the changing room key.

When the rain stoped I was able to get some photos which I will post when I have time to get the processed.

Congratualtions to Brighton for winning E2.
--------------------------------------------------
Blues #19

"What we have got here is failure to communicate"
Duracell

Postby Duracell Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:17 pm

NO ONE TOLD YOU WHERE THE PUB WAS!!! I feel disgusted! poor effort boys! after all that hard work an we let the league down with a rookie mistake! E.G, on behalf of all the Northampton boys, I apologise!
Still, awesome game though!
Northampton #22
Dan#7

Brighton's thanks

Postby Dan#7 Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:55 pm

On behalf of all the guys at Brighton, thank you all for your words of congratulations!

Thanks especially to Spencer 2's who certainly made us work for the title yesterday. An excellent game which had both sides well involved for the full 80 minutes, some great battles, & some very high standards performed by both teams throughout the game.

Thanks to all the opposition we've faced in the East 2 in 07/08. A great season that had us all biting our nails until the final game of the year!
MrFahrenheit

Postby MrFahrenheit Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:46 pm

james_512 wrote:
and luke... you dont call me for 6 months and then you call me yesterday.. i feel used..

see you guys next season

James - you know you can 'use' me any time you like :wink: Congrats on making the EG first team by the way. See you in the summer.
Scoops

Postby Scoops Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:52 pm

MrFahrenheit wrote:
james_512 wrote:

see you guys next season

James - you know you can 'use' me any time you like :wink: Congrats on making the EG first team by the way. See you in the summer.

Is that what he has been telling people?!
East Grinstead Lacrosse Club
Jon_B

Postby Jon_B Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:23 pm

james_512 wrote:
Jon_Northampton wrote:yep, can confirm EG won today. 10-8 (against Northampton). Close and very hard fought, EG fielded very strong team and seemed to want it just that little bit more..
Either way, cheers to EG - fantastic end to the season and massive well done to Brighton who's success seems to be the result of alot of practise and teamwork.

See y'all at sixes... to the pub!!

it was a good game..

Blame our so-called 'cheif prosecutor'!! (social sec). :wink:

as I sed to scoops, we'll hold you lads to a pint at the sixes.
Croydon Lacrosse Club
http://www.croydonlacrosse.com
jsgi

Postby jsgi Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:36 pm

Photos as promised....they are not great and I have not filtered out the really bad ones (as I took so few due to the bad weather) but if you are interested they can be viewed below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/greggirwin/sets/72157604451574232/
--------------------------------------------------

Blues #19

"What we have got here is failure to communicate"
MrFahrenheit

Postby MrFahrenheit Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:08 pm

Scoops wrote:
MrFahrenheit wrote:
james_512 wrote:

see you guys next season

Maybe I was misinformed. On the day of EG2's home win over East Coast I was told he was playing for the firsts.
james_512

Postby james_512 Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:08 pm

MrFahrenheit wrote:
Scoops wrote:
MrFahrenheit wrote:
james_512 wrote:

see you guys next season

Maybe I was misinformed. On the day of EG2's home win over East Coast I was told he was playing for the firsts.

lol.. we didnt see you guys as enough of a threat to warrant playing me luke so i took my chance to get smashed by hitchin insdead :P

would have been good to have a chance to put a few goals past you mate. maybe see you at the sixes

Return to “UK Southern”