ProLaxShop

Results 1/3/08 (inc 27/2/08)

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
xlaxx
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:00 am
gender: Male

Postby xlaxx Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:55 pm

spencer 16 - 8 blues

not quite sure of the exact scoreline but it was a good game. blues were without bagley but i thought the younger guys they brought in played very well.
Spencer Lacrosse Club
www.spencerlax.com
User avatar
Jon_B
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:34 pm
gender: Male

Postby Jon_B Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:58 pm

Northampton 17 - 10 Reading Wildcats 2's
Started well for Reading with great drives through, however once Northampton found their Tempo looked comfortable on the ball and secured some nice goals. Reading fielded a nice mix of youth and experience & are clearly looking stronger than start of season. Good luck lads and thanks for a great game.

Guess East.G toppling EC leaves the top spot ever closer.
Roll on Brighton..
Croydon Lacrosse Club
http://www.croydonlacrosse.com
User avatar
happylaxer
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:53 pm
gender: Male

Postby happylaxer Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:48 am

Oxford Uni 12 - 4 Cambridge

Bit of a one sided game, Cambridge had their share of possession but unable to do much with it. Some good lacrosse from oxford, particularly in the second quarter saw the match off.

Also:

Oxford IIs 12 - 0 Cambridge IIs

Oxford mixed 7 - 6 Cambridge mixed

Oxford women 4 - 8 Cambridge Women

Oxford women IIs 0 - 7 Cambridge women IIs
Blues #55
Wales #15
User avatar
RobGooch
Posts: 174
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:02 pm
gender: Male
Contact:

Postby RobGooch Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:25 am

Spencer II 10 - 3 Royal Holloway

However I've got no idea how the game went as I was not there due to the West Coast mainline being down thanks to a train crash earlier in the morning.
User avatar
Stinkypete
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:49 pm
gender: Male
Contact:

Postby Stinkypete Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:31 am

Hitchin A 3 - 8 Croydon

Enjoyable game played in good spirits. Only one penalty served. Hitchin A only had ten men with Croydon having a few more, so we had to keep the game as slow as we could, which caused a spectator to comment that it was a boring game. Not from where I stood it wasn't! With a few Subs we may have been able to do more, but that said, Croydon had an awful lot of shots going wide, plus a few that I stopped, so "might have beens" apply to both sides.
When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.
Hitchin A Goalie No.18
User avatar
laxwill11
League Mod
League Mod
Posts: 2167
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:13 pm
gender: Male
Contact:

Postby laxwill11 Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:35 am

Harlequins 22 - 4 cardiff uni

A much, much improved Uni side even in the 3 weeks since we last played in a friendly. Quins went up a gear in the last quarter, and Uni went to sleep a little hence a 9-0 final quarter that flattered us. not a fantastic performance by harlequins, but great to give a debut to 17-year-old Nathan Dowd, who did a good job and nearly scored - caught the ball cleanly, unmarked, on crease but by the time he'd realised it had 2 six foot defenders on top of him. Omens look good for lacrosse in the capital!
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...
User avatar
Dan#7
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:04 am
gender: Male
Contact:

Brighton Panthers 15 - 0 Canterbury

Postby Dan#7 Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:56 pm

Brighton Panthers 15 - 0 Canterbury

Very enjoyable/clean game (on the Synthetic Turf pitch) despite a slightly heated moment in the last quarter. Thanks to Canterbury for an excellent game.

Panthers heading up to the re-arranged Northampton fixture today. This broken-collared-Midie wishing the team all the best up there.

The East 2 seems to have opened up once again after EG's great result. Top stuff Neighbours!
Liability14
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:33 pm
gender: Male

Postby Liability14 Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:24 pm

Bulls 10 Warwick 8

Great game of lax with both teams playing some really good stuff. Good game played in a great spirit with only a goal or 2 in it all throughout the game. Both teams swapping the lead!

Hope the warwick guy who hurt his neck/shoulder didn't do anything too serious!

Warwick are a good bunch of lads and was fun playing yesterday! See u guys next season!
Let the lax do the talking!
User avatar
J-Lo
Posts: 1200
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:41 am
gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Brighton Panthers 15 - 0 Canterbury

Postby J-Lo Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:55 pm

Dan#7 wrote:Brighton Panthers 15 - 0 Canterbury

Very enjoyable/clean game (on the Synthetic Turf pitch) despite a slightly heated moment in the last quarter. Thanks to Canterbury for an excellent game.

Panthers heading up to the re-arranged Northampton fixture today. This broken-collared-Midie wishing the team all the best up there.

The East 2 seems to have opened up once again after EG's great result. Top stuff Neighbours!


Lol Eg's great result? It was a fun game, but for a side that consider themselves one of the top in the division (and certainly talk like it) they will probably be upset that a 9man EC kept the game within 2 goals.

3-3 at half time
6-6 at the end of the third

There were some controversial decisions or non decisions and plenty of chat back, still everyone was good natured enough at the end of the day
User avatar
checkley00
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:42 pm
gender: Male

Re: Brighton Panthers 15 - 0 Canterbury

Postby checkley00 Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:20 pm

J-Lo wrote:
Dan#7 wrote:Brighton Panthers 15 - 0 Canterbury

Very enjoyable/clean game (on the Synthetic Turf pitch) despite a slightly heated moment in the last quarter. Thanks to Canterbury for an excellent game.

Panthers heading up to the re-arranged Northampton fixture today. This broken-collared-Midie wishing the team all the best up there.

The East 2 seems to have opened up once again after EG's great result. Top stuff Neighbours!


Lol Eg's great result? It was a fun game, but for a side that consider themselves one of the top in the division (and certainly talk like it) they will probably be upset that a 9man EC kept the game within 2 goals.

3-3 at half time
6-6 at the end of the third

There were some controversial decisions or non decisions and plenty of chat back, still everyone was good natured enough at the end of the day


Well, sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesn't! East Coast wouldn't be the first team this year to be unlucky not to get the points would they! :P

Quality game today with Brighton coming up to us. Think we won the first and last quarters, but lost our heads in the middle letting the Brighton lads through on too many occasions! Both teams I think were agreed that it was easily the best game they had been involved in this year. Some lovely dirty pints to top it off as exepected :oops: ! Look forward to seeing them on tour.

Quarters (I think) were:
1st: 2-0 Northampton
2nd: 2-2
3rd: 3-7 Brighton
4th: 6-8 Brighton
User avatar
Jon_B
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:34 pm
gender: Male

Re: Brighton Panthers 15 - 0 Canterbury

Postby Jon_B Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:31 pm

Cheers Tom, beat me to it!
Its hardly EG's fault East Coast cant field a full team! Either way its good for us.
Brighton clinched today's reschedule @ Northampton 8-6.
A fantastic and closely matched game with Northampton starting 2-0 up first quarter then beginnging to dip in the 3rd with Brighton's extra pace proving an advatage.
A hard fought game right until the end but played in fantastic spirits with players from both sides in agreement that this was one of the best games we had both taken part in this year.
Looks like Brighton have the top spot sealed! So, congratulations to a hard working brighton team and an outstanding performance from Northampton.
Croydon Lacrosse Club
http://www.croydonlacrosse.com
User avatar
Minchroadster
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:50 am
gender: Male
Location: Not of this World that's for sure!
Contact:

Cougars vs Exeter Uni Friendly (Mothering Sunday!!!!)

Postby Minchroadster Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:41 pm

Cougars travelled to Exeter to play a friendly.

Lots of freshers for the Uni, some playing their first game.

A big squad from the Uni 20+ so Lax is getting very popular which ultimately means Lax will hopefully spread it's popularity.

Well done to the Uni guys, with some really good referring too. Seen some potentially good players today.

Final score 24 - 1 to the Cougars but Exeter is becoming a real Hotbed for Uni Lax in the South West, well done Exeter.

Old Man Mark
Ex-Urmston 1st
Ex-Timperely 1st
Ex-Sheffield Steelers 1st
Ex- Cheltenham Cougars lefty attack
England Lions (FIL 2010 ~ World Series, Manchester)
Norbury Lax(NEMLA) Cardiff Quins(SEMLA)
User avatar
J-Lo
Posts: 1200
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:41 am
gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Brighton Panthers 15 - 0 Canterbury

Postby J-Lo Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:43 pm

Jon_Northampton wrote:Cheers Tom, beat me to it!
Its hardly EG's fault East Coast cant field a full team! Either way its good for us.
Brighton clinched today's reschedule @ Northampton 8-6.
A fantastic and closely matched game with Northampton starting 2-0 up first quarter then beginnging to dip in the 3rd with Brighton's extra pace proving an advatage.
A hard fought game right until the end but played in fantastic spirits with players from both sides in agreement that this was one of the best games we had both taken part in this year.
Looks like Brighton have the top spot sealed! So, congratulations to a hard working brighton team and an outstanding performance from Northampton.


Think you guys are miss reading the post. I was saying that EG A aren't likely to dancing with joy with their performance on Saturday.

Shame Northampton didn't beat Brighton to keep the title chase on.
Neilr82
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Brighton Panthers 15 - 0 Canterbury

Postby Neilr82 Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:52 pm

J-Lo wrote:Think you guys are miss reading the post. I was saying that EG A aren't likely to dancing with joy with their performance on Saturday.

Shame Northampton didn't beat Brighton to keep the title chase on.


Think most teams are happy with three points regardless of performance.

Looks like E2 is gonna be interesting down to the wire.
EG - 21
jaaaaames
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:21 pm
gender: Male
Contact:

Postby jaaaaames Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:58 pm

not quite sure of the exact scoreline but it was a good game. blues were without bagley but i thought the younger guys they brought in played very well.


safe :D
"A kiwi on the left, a kiwi on the right,come nd gimmie lovin all thru the night"
User avatar
Ash
Posts: 2283
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:47 pm
gender: Male
Location: Reading
Contact:

Postby Ash Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:59 pm

looks like a win for brighton against east coast would effectively seal it next week. OLtherwise beat spencer for double points definitely would do!
Reading Wildcats (#13) 2010 - Present
Southampton City (#13) 2008-2010
Reading Wildcats 2007-2008
Southampton University (#13) Pre - 2007
User avatar
Muz
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:37 pm
gender: Male

Postby Muz Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:49 pm

EG have made an art of winning ugly - Not the 1st team this weekend though....
EG 32
User avatar
J-Lo
Posts: 1200
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:41 am
gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Brighton Panthers 15 - 0 Canterbury

Postby J-Lo Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:30 am

Neilr82 wrote:
J-Lo wrote:Think you guys are miss reading the post. I was saying that EG A aren't likely to dancing with joy with their performance on Saturday.

Shame Northampton didn't beat Brighton to keep the title chase on.


Think most teams are happy with three points regardless of performance.

Looks like E2 is gonna be interesting down to the wire.


Fair point - damn i was trying to cause trouble.
blues24ianb
Posts: 1876
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:38 pm
gender: Male
Contact:

Postby blues24ianb Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:38 am

Spencer 17 Walcountian Blues 8

Good job well done by Spencer. The 4 goal jump at the start was always going tomake it an uphill battle even though we did claw 3 back without reply. It's really good to see a team like Spencer fiting it out at the top of the UKLacrosse Premiership - well done on a good season lads.

Blues brought a couple of younger players in to the squad and they certainly held thier own, especially as one was making his first team debut and the other just his second experience in the first team. I am sure there are plenty more games to come for James and Ewan.

As always a good game between Spencer and the Blues - can't wait for next season.

Thanks to Pete and Ben for reffing.
Ian Ballantine
SEMLA - Team Manager
User avatar
kevinc
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:22 pm
gender: Male

Re: Brighton Panthers 15 - 0 Canterbury

Postby kevinc Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:58 am

J-Lo wrote:
Neilr82 wrote:
J-Lo wrote:Think you guys are miss reading the post. I was saying that EG A aren't likely to dancing with joy with their performance on Saturday.

Shame Northampton didn't beat Brighton to keep the title chase on.


Think most teams are happy with three points regardless of performance.

Looks like E2 is gonna be interesting down to the wire.


Fair point - damn i was trying to cause trouble.


;) I'd be the first to agree that had you guys had a full squad things could have been a lot different but you didn't! I don't think anyone would have been dancing had we lost to a team of 9!
EGLC #7
'A' Team Captain
Visit http://www.eglc.co.uk

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register

Recent Topics