ProLaxShop

End of season run in

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

End of season run in

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:50 pm

As we're approaching the end of the season now which has been really disrupted by the weather I just wanted to ask when is the last date fixtures have to be played by and what happens if these can't be completed? I've checked the bye laws and can't seem to see an answer.

Seems particularly interesting in the Prem considering how poised the fight for survival is but looks like it could effect final league placing throughout the leagues.
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
angles

Re: End of season run in

Postby angles Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:14 pm

Probably best to speak to Jon Cooper for a definitive answer but usually for the premiership the final date is the Sunday before the sixes & the prem vs East/West game is played i.e. 21st April this year.
East1/West1 would usually be Sunday before East/West playoff i.e. 7th April
East 2/3 & West 2 - 30th April.

Not 100% certain about unplayed games at that point but have a vague recollection that they are treated as forfeited games so points depend on what caused the game to be postponed e.g. if pitch unplayable home team forfeits etc. This would be based on the final scheduled date where matches are legally re-arranged.

I may have recalled some of this incorrectly or things might have changed so nobody panic just yet!
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Re: End of season run in

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:03 am

Cheers, had a response from JC too which I have copied below. Just good to have it out there in the open so everyone knows what is going on:

The deadline for the West division One and East division One games is Sunday April 7th and the result has to be in with JC that day. Then the play off match is on Saturday April 13th.

The Premiership deadline is Sunday April 21st. The 9th place play off match takes place on 27th April which is the same day as the Sixes.

East division Two, East division Three and West division Two’s deadlines are 30th April (the end of the season).

Any unplayed games - they become void and neither team gets any points,

The same applies to any games where the results aren't submitted by the deadline even if the game has been played.
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
davewilliams

Re: Wilkinson/Iroquois

Postby davewilliams Sun May 05, 2013 10:38 am

Any arrangements in place for the season finale/s yet?
Buckhurst Hill Cricket & Lacrosse Club

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register