ProLaxShop

Results 16th Feb

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
S_24_LAX

Results 16th Feb

Postby S_24_LAX Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Nice and early Welwyn 3 0 Epsom 10

Great still only one game in 2013. Fair play to Welwyn for the early notice. Apparently a first team player is getting married and they have sacrificed the 3's to play the other two.

Buggers up the league though twice cancelled by Welwyn once by Brighton. Two home games lost in terms if revenue and exposure. Not good for a new club. Also the 10:0 results could cost us the league. Add to that becoming only a 15 game season but charging the players the same annual membership fee. Makes growing a new club a lot harder.

I think it's a return to Rugby on the cards for me. (If I can persuade Mrs B).
Ash

Re: Results 16th Feb

Postby Ash Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:41 am

Might have missed something....How can 10-0s cost you the league? Goal average and league goal difference play no part in determine title positions!
Reading Wildcats (#13) 2010 - Present
Southampton City (#13) 2008-2010
Reading Wildcats 2007-2008
Southampton University (#13) Pre - 2007
Tree13

Postby Tree13 Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:19 am

So many things to mention, where to start?

Firstly, I thought we had established that weddings only occur in the summer? I'm confused.

Secondly, If you don't like the 10 - 0 wins, stop taking them. Epsom had no games listed for either the second or the ninth of February, you're not in Flags or the Plate, and the deadline for East 2 fixtures is April 20th - You have some scope to rearrange.

Thirdly, the Epsom / Northampton game on Jan 26th was postponed due to Epsom's waterlogged pitch - part of the reason you've only played one game in 2013 is that you use a grass field. In winter. I understand your game against Southeast Unis on Feb 10th was cancelled for the same reason.

Finally, it's a sixteen game season, not fifteen. And that doesn't even include the flags/plate games.
Tree13's posts only reflect Tree13's personal opinions. They do not represent the views of any other person, team or club. Any interpretation to the contrary is invalid.

Brighton #18 2008 - 2011; 2012 - 2014
EG #41 2011 - 2012
ILL Allstars #26 2011
Bristol #13 2005 - 2007
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:18 am

Thanks Tree. That makes it only 13 games. As our Flags and League game was played as a double header.

I believe several Astro pitch games have also been cancelled.

We are on the ball and organised our affected game to Sunday's 10th and 24th March.

Games on 2nd and 9th - were not scheduled and flags rounds. Did try to arrange a friendly though.

It does mean we've had one game in 11 weeks.
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:23 am

Think the important point about hampering development was missed by you.
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Apologies Ash forgot to reply to your comment.

I thought the came in to play if your head to head with the equal placed team was also level. Ie: if we beat Northampton by 2 goals it is likely we will have the same points and an equal head to head.

Think we would have been capable if a bigger goal difference than 10 against Welwyn 3's (no disrespect intended).
Blind Zebra

Postby Blind Zebra Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Happily goal difference is neither there nor here. To quote the Bye-Law:

'Where the teams with the same number of points are involved in the Premiership title race, promotion or
relegation, seasonal goal average shall be ignored and promotion or relegation shall be
determined by the results of the games between those teams (including if necessary goal
difference in those matches). Where this fails to separate the teams or there are more than
two teams with same number of points, then the team with the most wins shall be placed
ahead of the other team(s). Should this fail to resolve such matters, the same shall be
determined by the spin of a coin made at the General Committee Meeting held in May, by
the person chairing the said meeting.'

Not playing a game looses you at least 1 point and is more crucial, so take the points rather than reorganise everytime if you are going for the title, promotion, or wish to avoid relagation.

BeeZee.
In glorious Black & White at a pitch near you.
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanks Rob for the clarification.

So other teams failing to fulfil fixtures against still damages our potential finishing position.

Not that that is the most important point of my initial comment it is the damage to the development if the club. Only 16 league games in a season and already 3 conceded. Makes it harder to retain players and their enthusiasm.
Tree13

Postby Tree13 Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:04 pm

S_24_LAX wrote:Thanks Tree. That makes it only 13 games. As our Flags and League game was played as a double header.

It wasn't scheduled originally as a double header, was it? And as we have already seen, there are a couple of spare weeks in the season.

S_24_LAX wrote:I believe several Astro pitch games have also been cancelled.

They have. But not for waterlogging, which does not affect them. You chose a grass home venue - makes no sense for you to complain about it now.

S_24_LAX wrote:We are on the ball and organised our affected game to Sunday's 10th and 24th March.

So what are you complaining about?

S_24_LAX wrote:Games on 2nd and 9th - were not scheduled and flags rounds. Did try to arrange a friendly though.

You were knocked out of flags before Christmas. Exactly how much time do you need to rearrange a game to a week that becomes free that far in advance?

S_24_LAX wrote:It does mean we've had one game in 11 weeks.

What is this, a contest? Brighton have had one game since November 10th, do we get a prize? Look, if you want to play in winter, on grass, why are you surprised that games get cancelled and also then struggle to get rescheduled.

And I didn't miss your club development point. You either accept that teams are cancelling for reasons beyond their control (like the weather), or you imply that they're doing it to inconvenience the development of YOUR club. Are you going to suggest that it's all a conspiracy to deny Epsom the East2 title?! :shock: :lol: :roll:
Tree13's posts only reflect Tree13's personal opinions. They do not represent the views of any other person, team or club. Any interpretation to the contrary is invalid.

Brighton #18 2008 - 2011; 2012 - 2014
EG #41 2011 - 2012
ILL Allstars #26 2011
Bristol #13 2005 - 2007
davewilliams

Postby davewilliams Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:52 pm

S_24_LAX wrote:So other teams failing to fulfil fixtures against still damages our potential finishing position.
Not that that is the most important point of my initial comment it is the damage to the development if the club. Only 16 league games in a season and already 3 conceded. Makes it harder to retain players and their enthusiasm.

Promotion to East1 will improve your outlook. That's all the motivation you need.
Buckhurst Hill Cricket & Lacrosse Club
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Thanks Dave. Something positive to look forward to.

Dear Tree

Where dId you read me complaining?

I really struggle to see how a member of SEMLA Exec takes such a negative view about virtually everything. Whilst he has time to use many words on this forum he fails to get minutes of meetings out til say of next meeting, agendas on the day if meeting all stopping clubs acting in the democratic manner expected.

To go through your points -

1. Northampton and Epsom agreed to play the fixture as a double header because Epsom looked like they might be unable to make the trip twice in two weeks. Mutual discussion between the two clubs agreed this route.

2. In the 41 years I have been involved in the sport it was not til Hampstead moved to the Westway the game was played on Astro. In fact I recall discussions at SEMLA meetings where the concern over additional cost of Astro boots and markings were discussed. Therefore and still is the case the predominant number if venues in the South are grass pitches. In reality when you are looking for a venue to start a new club the cost differential might prohibit starting a new club.
At Epsom Sports Club we rent a pitch with a view to becoming full time members. The cricket section are long established and we play on the outfield. Thus play is determined by the Head Groundsman.

Point 3 - I have already said who's complaining. Up to Xmas we had no back log if fixtures - look at the results. Norwich away cancelled due to snow. Northampton home cancelled due to snow. These are the facts and tally in to point 2 above.

Point 4 - answered above.

Point 5 - Brighton could have played us in December as per SEMLA league schedule. No you were one if the teams who cried off. Something to do with lack of players.

Point 6 - as you can see from the above nobody is complaining about the weather as a cancellation factor. In this case it is Brighton and Welwyn unable to fulfil their commitments to the the league they gave entered and it's impact in over clubs - in this case Epsom. In fact I gave more concern over the fact a strong club like Welwyn are struggling to get out numbers. They were excellent at the early communication over this weekend.

Your emoticons at the end just show your lack of ability to view things in concept of development if the sport and clubs within it. You appear to just blast your own opinion without consideration.

In 3 seasons Epsom have failed to fulfil one fixture. This season Univ of London had no home venue so we hosted, Norwich were short of players Welwyn 3 players were co-opted in, Northampton already highlighted strong co-operation and communication resolved any potential difficulty. Just look at our playing records.

Any way we are trying to arrange another friendly for this weekend but to be honest with the full schedule it looks unlikely. I personally have reffed more games than played this season. There's a Vet game at my old rugby club thus Saturday that I might well take part in. All most of us want to do is play sport and lacrosse us our first option.
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:50 pm

Psst ...... careful mate someone told me he was a solicitor of some kind..... you don't want to get him riled up!

Up North, where things are different of course, there have been proportionally more games cancelled on artificial surfaces than on grass .... makes you think!
Jon_B

Postby Jon_B Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:20 pm

Moaning Git wrote:Up North, where things are different of course, there have been proportionally more games cancelled on artificial surfaces than on grass ..

They must breed some hard grass tup' North.. or their astro is made of tweed.
Croydon Lacrosse Club
http://www.croydonlacrosse.com
RobGooch

Postby RobGooch Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:52 pm

Colchester vs Spencer 2's is OFF. Alas conceded by Colchester.

For info, as things stand the Spencer fields are OK so the Spencer vs Hillcroft game is very much on. Also the 3's game vs London Uni is being played at Spencer, at the request of London Uni.
speach

Postby speach Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Hope everyone doesn't mind, but I've just set-up a new thread for this week's results for those games played (easier to post after the game on a mobile).
speach

Postby speach Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:08 pm

RobGooch wrote:Colchester vs Spencer 2's is OFF. Alas conceded by Colchester.

For info, as things stand the Spencer fields are OK so the Spencer vs Hillcroft game is very much on. Also the 3's game vs London Uni is being played at Spencer, at the request of London Uni.

So are Spencer 2 playing Epsom today?
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Afraid not.
Mr.Oleary

Postby Mr.Oleary Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Lets be honest. You can play all your games or not. Northampton will go unbeaten this year and win the league. Simple.
University of Northampton #00 2010-12
Northampton Town LC #6 2010-2012

Croydon LC #00 2013-2014
Croydon LC Vice Captain 2013-2014

Purley LC #00 2014-

Goalkeepers are a different breed

Goalies Union!!!
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Very constructive .....
Dom32

Postby Dom32 Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Oxford 20ish - Royal Holloway 2 I think

Northampton might win their league but I don't think you'll go unbeaten this year

Return to “UK Southern”