ProLaxShop

Stand out players in west 2

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Hickey7

Stand out players in west 2

Postby Hickey7 Wed May 30, 2012 12:32 pm

As the title says: Have an opinion on stand out players in your league? Your team?

Show your thoughts? Who have been the danger men all year? Who has caused your team heartache? Which defenders have battered and bruised their way through the attack?
Canterbury Christ Church University#73 2008-2011
Southampton Sabres Captain #73 - 2011 - ??
South England

Team Chris Griffiths
'Lacrosse is a very fashionable game, all colours must match and be Pink'.
Lennox

Re: Stand out players in west 2

Postby Lennox Wed May 30, 2012 9:16 pm

This season has been a lot of fun.

Stand out team

Bath 2's - They had a great season, and the second game we played against each other, showed the true quality they had, especially in attack. They were very effective around the cage and hardly gave us a look in.

Stand out player

Swansea Goalkeeper - They gave us two very tough games and their goalie was very handy and had to be one of the best in the league this season. Don't know his name but i think he was american. And considering he looked well over 6 ft stopped pretty much every low shot we put at him.

Favorite game(s)

Aberystwyth - Always make the most effort in the league and away game for them this season was a fair distance. But they also come with the right attitude and are such a laugh, pre, during and post games and so welcoming to all away teams that travel too them. And i have to say, since playing them 2 seasons ago, they have improved so much and can see them being a force to be reckoned with soon. We will miss playing you next season Aber.

Most hated

Southampton Defender that broke my collar bone and put me out for 3 months. you still owe me a drink for that. ;-)

Lenno x
University of Gloucestershire Midfield 08-10 (Social Sec 09-10) #22
Cheltenham Cougars Midfield 08-present (Men's Captain '11) #22
Leeds City Midfield 11-12 #22
BLUE AND BLUE THROUGH AND THROUGH
georgieb17

Postby georgieb17 Thu May 31, 2012 12:02 am

always enjoy reading these threads, shame i cant remember what happened in the season now!

#55 Bath
Bath Pole with yellow and blue lid
Bath keeper
Cheltenham guy wearing a pro 7 with blue chin and blue vents
pompey LSM wearing the all purple cpxr
attacker from swansea with the cpx wales lid

They're the ones off the top of my head, sure you'll figure out who you are! had some very enjoyable games this season, already looking forward to next!
??-now /welwyn #98
2008-2011 /york #2
2011-2012 /Bournemouth #14

---interested in playing at welwyn? let me know!---
laxwill11
League Mod
League Mod

Postby laxwill11 Thu May 31, 2012 6:59 pm

Swansea keeper is Kyle McAllister - he'll be featuring for Wales U19s in the forthcoming U19s World Championships
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...
Hep

Postby Hep Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:07 pm

Cheltenham guy with Blue/white Pro 7 would be Matt Baldwin who made the South of England team.

I think the Swansea attacker with the Wales lid would be Chris Webborn - who also gave me one of my toughest games of the season when they came to us.

Have to agree on the Swansea goalie too, just seemed to get to everything in both our games.

Our face off guy, Bryce Redmill, had an impressive season and don't think they were many middies in West 2 who were better a winning faces and ground balls for their team.

Bath 2 had some talented guys but I was a bit too busy in both those games to notice who was who to be honest - I'm sure someone else will know who their stand out players were. The Bath goalie had an outstanding 2nd game against us, and without him it would have been much closer.

I've heard Exeter had some good guys, but we never got to play them this season (they conceded both games).
Cheltenham Cougars first team Captain 2012-2013
Cheltenham Cougars Senior Men's Co-ordinator 2012-2013
Cheltenham Cougars #2 2006-present
University of Gloucestershire #2 2003-present
'Attack wins fans, defence wins matches'
Hep

Postby Hep Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:11 pm

...Also, the guy for Aber who used to play for EG (I think) was very handy in both Defence (until he broke his pole over one of our middies!) and attack.
Cheltenham Cougars first team Captain 2012-2013
Cheltenham Cougars Senior Men's Co-ordinator 2012-2013
Cheltenham Cougars #2 2006-present
University of Gloucestershire #2 2003-present
'Attack wins fans, defence wins matches'
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:03 pm

You're welcome Lennox
Currently M.I.A. - I'll be back.
Soton Uni #33 05-12
Soton Uni Secretary 09-11
lax_mad_webborn

Postby lax_mad_webborn Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:17 pm

It has been a very good season with some quality lacrosse played throughout the league.

Cheltenham's midfielder (wearing 1) was a stand out midfielder for me.

Bath's defender with a stockport helmet was one of the more difficult defenders I have come up against.

Cheltenham's goalkeeper was the hardest to score on (along with our keeper)

When we played Southampton away first game of the season, they had someone they kept calling "Manchester" definitely their biggest threat.

Jon Arthur in attack for Bournemouth when he played was a massive threat.

Looking forward to next season :D
CWEBBORN
Hawks #16 07 - Present
Wales Development Squad 2010 #21
Wales U19 World Championships 2008 #26
Wales U19 Squad Finland 2012 #16
Paddyp

Postby Paddyp Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:53 am

georgieb17 wrote:#55 Bath

Nice to see I got a mention, surprisingly from a Bournemouth player considering I was very much injured during the fixture and could barely run (not that I run much anyway before someone says it!)

Nice to see Baths 17 yr old goalkeeper, Mark Lane, receiving a few mentions. Hes come on extremely well this season keeping the 2nds in a lot of games. Did so well he was called up for the 1sts fixtures against East Grinstead helping us win the flags. Wouldnt surprise me if hes choosen as 1st team keeper next season
Bath City LC #55

ex-UWIC Lacrosse (Captain 2009/10)
ex-Penarth Lacrosse (2009/10)
ex-South England U19s #13
Rob_Hawk

Postby Rob_Hawk Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Having been around for more than a few years now I'd just like to say that i thought the standard of West 2 was alot better than I expected and there are alot of really good young players around. It can only be a good thing for the future of lacrosse in the south!

There was certainly alot less 'whack the guy with the ball as hard as possible because your allowed to' lacrosse than I was expecting. I think this shows the growth in the game over the last 5-10 years. I remember back in the hawks first season when we finished 2nd in West 1 (there was no west 2) we didn't really know the rules, any plays or what we were doing. We just rocked up, played hard and were good with the old run and gun!

A big well done to all the coaches in the lower leagues for getting new players to play good proper lacrosse!
Swansea Hawks D-man #5 and Celebrity Ref!!

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register