ProLaxShop

Predictions 19/02/11

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Ash

Predictions 19/02/11

Postby Ash Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Weekend of some big important fixtures..............

East1 Cambridge v Panthers - Think Cambridge have slightly more dept across the pitch and will win it by a small margin.
West1 Southampton v Bath - Bath are favourites, former club loyalty has made me go for Soton!
Prem Harlequins v Hitchin
Snr Flags SF Reading v Hampstead - Two in it last week - Reading now at home, reading by one!
Snr Flags SF Blues v Welwyn - Blues too strong i think
Int Flags SF Blues 2 v Portsmouth
Int Flags SF Bucks v Bristol Bombers
Mnr Flags SF Bristol Bombers 2 v Exeter
Mnr Flags SF Bulls v Hillcroft A - Hillcroft A appear to be the most misplaced team in any division! They would be solid in East 1, let alone east 3.
Int Plate SF Reading 2 v Penarth - If Reading can get a strong squad out i fancy this being won by a very narrow margin, winner will be favourite for the final i guess based on league positions - though colchester seem to be finding form.
Int Plate SF Colchester v Swansea Hawks - Colchester by 5, hawks seem to be having a tough time of it at the mo.
Mnr Plate Semi Final - Maidstone v Cheltenham - Maidstone seem to have more wins and the home advantage!
Reading Wildcats (#13) 2010 - Present
Southampton City (#13) 2008-2010
Reading Wildcats 2007-2008
Southampton University (#13) Pre - 2007
jsgi

Re: Predictions 19/02/11

Postby jsgi Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:57 am

Indeed some cracking games this weekend.

East1 Cambridge v Panthers - Heart says Brighton, head is trying to get a word in for Cambridge.
West1 Southampton v Bath
Prem Harlequins v Hitchin - Big game at the wrong end of the prem. Quins need a few more wins and will have confidence after beating EG last week
Snr Flags SF Reading v Hampstead - Really depends on what Hampstead team turns up.
Snr Flags SF Blues v Welwyn
Int Flags SF Blues 2 v Portsmouth - One of the most interesting games of the weekend...The blues kids return to kick the blues 2s ass? They hope!
Int Flags SF Bucks v Bristol Bombers - Bucks on form but Bristol too strong
Mnr Flags SF Bulls v Hillcroft A - Battle of two undefeated teams I'll go with the east one as I'm biased ;-)
Int Plate SF Reading 2 v Penarth
Int Plate SF Colchester v Swansea Hawks - Colchester were not strong against us last week but should be much stronger at home...very long trip for Swansea.
Mnr Plate Semi Final - Maidstone v Cheltenham
--------------------------------------------------
Blues #19

"What we have got here is failure to communicate"
petegriffin

Postby petegriffin Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:21 pm

East1 Cambridge v Panthers
West1 Southampton v Bath
Prem Harlequins v Hitchin
Snr Flags SF Reading v Hampstead - Could be cracker but the result may depend on how Hampstead travel
Snr Flags SF Blues v Welwyn - Could be a good one to watch as well but I think Blues will have too much
Int Flags SF Blues 2 v Portsmouth
Int Flags SF Bucks v Bristol Bombers
Mnr Flags SF Bulls v Hillcroft A - I cannot wait for this! It's the game of our season so far and with both of us unbeaten and identical scores against the only team we've both played it should be a bit of an epic. The face has been moved to 12 so we've got a bit of a mission to get up there but so far looks like we'll be travelling with our normal team so should do the fixture justice.
Int Plate SF Reading 2 v Penarth
Int Plate SF Colchester v Swansea Hawks
Mnr Plate Semi Final - Maidstone v Cheltenham
Pete

Hillcroft A
DreadLAX
https://www.facebook.com/DreadLAX
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm

petegriffin wrote:Snr Flags SF Reading v Hampstead - Could be cracker but the result may depend on how Hampstead travel

Some by car, some by train I think.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:16 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote:
petegriffin wrote:Snr Flags SF Reading v Hampstead - Could be cracker but the result may depend on how Hampstead travel

when they came to us they came in style - nice big bus with PS3's and a fridge that could only hold 150 odd beers
ahhh ... the whit
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:21 pm

mandy wrote:
davidmcculloch81 wrote:

when they came to us they came in style - nice big bus with PS3's and a fridge that could only hold 150 odd beers

Lots of people wondering about them travelling but it's the flags semis and they are always up for that. I think they will be as least as strong as the team that beat us last week. We let our performance slip near the end and they punished us. Looking forward to it. Should be another good game.
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:00 pm

mandy wrote:
davidmcculloch81 wrote:

That reaffirms the notion that when they travel well they win. They won, right?
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:56 am

davidmcculloch81 wrote:
mandy wrote:
davidmcculloch81 wrote:

That reaffirms the notion that when they travel well they win. They won, right?

They battered us. And it had an xbox360 aswel. Bloody bus!
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
nabster

Postby nabster Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:07 pm

jsgi wrote:Int Flags SF Blues 2 v Portsmouth - One of the most interesting games of the weekend...The blues kids return to kick the blues 2s ass? They hope!

what ever happens its gonna be a big game for not just both teams but a hot topic of debate for everyone! in front of a home Blues crowd with high hopes...the 'kids' are returning in some ugly purple kit? but now they're facing an east 1 team...will see what they got :wink:

hoping for a great match up, clean and good fun saturday lax :)
Cheadle 2012-?
Blues #45 2010-12
Central Manchester BNC team
South England Lacrosse
Jetpac

Postby Jetpac Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:31 pm

nabster wrote:
jsgi wrote:Int Flags SF Blues 2 v Portsmouth - One of the most interesting games of the weekend...The blues kids return to kick the blues 2s ass? They hope!

what ever happens its gonna be a big game for not just both teams but a hot topic of debate for everyone! in front of a home Blues crowd with high hopes...the 'kids' are returning in some ugly purple kit? but now they're facing an east 1 team...will see what they got :wink:

Wont even be close Pompey will batter Tooz.
Top of West is stronger than Top of the East and having seen how much Pompey have progressed since i left... they are a force.
Pompey by 7+
Bristol Bombers #4
Ex-Pompey Uni #4
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:51 pm

Jetpac wrote:
nabster wrote:

Top of West is stronger than Top of the East and having seen how much Pompey have progressed since i left... they are a force.
Pompey by 7+

Having seen a video of the 'tooz' last performance against a team in purple, the Pompey seconds would give them a run for their money.
Pompey by 10+
Currently M.I.A. - I'll be back.
Soton Uni #33 05-12
Soton Uni Secretary 09-11
davewilliams

Postby davewilliams Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:45 pm

Mort rotu wrote:Pompey by 10+

Bravo.
Buckhurst Hill Cricket & Lacrosse Club
Princess

Postby Princess Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:56 am

Jetpac wrote:
nabster wrote:

Pompey by 7+

Interesting point. What's the theory with this? first team West 1 vs 2nd team East 1? there are a higher proportion of 2nd teams in East 1 their committed players go to Prem those on way up or down go to the twos? As opposed to West where they have to work at the team.

That then taps into the question of the Gulf between Prem and lower leagues as traditionally the West teams who come up tend to go straight back down.

No flame intended Mr Rotu but I do believe they were good enough to see off Southampton in the quarters so perhaps not as duff as you feel. :wink:
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO
Raptor_attack

Postby Raptor_attack Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Princess - Quins seem to hold their own, and Bath were up there for a number of years. Swansea made a good stab of it too. Partially comes down to depth of squad, the east prem teams have second teams, or being London based recruit Americans.

How many Americans move and settle in the west country. A few but not as many as London.

From what I've seen of the west this year, Portsmouth or Bristol should have the ability to beat the Cambridge team I played against a few weeks ago. Then again Cambridge might have been fielding a weakened side.
Live and Let (crease)Dive
ex-Southampton City Sabres #8
Reading Wildcats #xxx
'Instruo pro gloria'
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:32 am

Princess wrote: Interesting point. What's the theory with this? first team West 1 vs 2nd team East 1? there are a higher proportion of 2nd teams in East 1 their committed players go to Prem those on way up or down go to the twos? As opposed to West where they have to work at the team.

That then taps into the question of the Gulf between Prem and lower leagues as traditionally the West teams who come up tend to go straight back down.

No flame intended Mr Rotu but I do believe they were good enough to see off Southampton in the quarters so perhaps not as duff as you feel. :wink:

No worries, however Portsmouth (1's and 2's) are this year (alot?) stronger than their Southampton(City and Uni) counterparts, due to an influx of the blues youth players. So much so that I'm not really looking forward to our Varsity game with them in a few weeks time...

I also recall that when city played blues 2's in the 1/4's they only had 10 men (not entirely sure, was definitely low on the subs front), which on some of the pitch's at blues can make a massive difference if you start off attacking uphill... :wink:
Soton Uni #33 05-12
jsgi

Postby jsgi Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:04 am

Mort rotu wrote:
Princess wrote: Interesting point. What's the theory with this? first team West 1 vs 2nd team East 1? there are a higher proportion of 2nd teams in East 1 their committed players go to Prem those on way up or down go to the twos? As opposed to West where they have to work at the team.

No worries, however Portsmouth (1's and 2's) are this year (alot?) stronger than their Southampton(City and Uni) counterparts, due to an influx of the blues youth players. So much so that I'm not really looking forward to our Varsity game with them in a few weeks time...

I also recall that when city played blues 2's in the 1/4's they only had 10 men (not entirely sure, was definitely low on the subs front), which on some of the pitch's at blues can make a massive difference if you start off attacking uphill... :wink:

Shame you played us on the flat 2nd team pitch then ;-)
--------------------------------------------------

Blues #19

"What we have got here is failure to communicate"
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:23 am

jsgi wrote:
Mort rotu wrote:

Shame you played us on the flat 2nd team pitch then ;-)

My bad, I don't actually play for City so wasn't there. Every time I have played a league game at blues it has been on the pitch closest the club house, the one that's normally marked up for ladies at Bluesfest roughly level with the astroturf, so assumed the game was played on that. Apologies.
Soton Uni #33 05-12

Return to “UK Southern”