ProLaxShop

Predictions 09/10/10

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
davidmcculloch81

Re: Predictions 09/10/10

Postby davidmcculloch81 Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:39 am

jtrotsky wrote:Additionally, as for raging, I could really care less about a game that is a joke in this country and really isn't played the way it is meant to play be played. The only reason I play is because I enjoy the group of guys around me. The competition just isn't here like it is in North America, sorry boys.

'UK lacrosse standard isn't as good as North America shocker'

Why are we all bothering playing? Maybe we should all just give up after this revelation. :roll:

Whopper.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
punisher

Postby punisher Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:42 am

davidmcculloch81 wrote:
jtrotsky wrote:Additionally, as for raging, I could really care less about a game that is a joke in this country and really isn't played the way it is meant to play be played. The only reason I play is because I enjoy the group of guys around me. The competition just isn't here like it is in North America, sorry boys.

'UK lacrosse standard isn't as good as North America shocker'

Why are we all bothering playing? Maybe we should all just give up after this revelation. :roll:

Whopper.

Massive whopper.
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:23 am

Didn't Spencer play Hampstead last season without a single long pole and only 10 players and lose 16-15. Can't see why having only 3 long poles affects the score so much. Couple of guys playing on the England Box in Prague - I understand.
From the long experience of playing against Purley - not sure you team mates will appreciate this bleating like a little two year old.
Loss is a loss - get on and win the next game.
You don't hear Welwyn moaning about not having Flora :D
ucntom

Postby ucntom Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:01 am

You have just ripped a hole in the fabric of my existence, I've only just been coaxed out of the freezing cold shower... unbelievable scenes Geoff :(
Citius Altius Fortius
Tree13

Postby Tree13 Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:22 pm

jtrotsky wrote:As for slating my own team, I've only played with Purley for a few years, but we've nearly always smashed Hillcroft mainly because they've always relied on bringing in one or two good offensive players.

jtrotsky wrote:The only reason I play is because I enjoy the group of guys around me. The competition just isn't here like it is in North America, sorry boys.

Tree13 wrote: And as for getting my facts straight.... SEMLA website says you lost 11 - 4 to Hillcroft, are those facts straight?

The defence rests m'lud. :lol:
Tree13's posts only reflect Tree13's personal opinions. They do not represent the views of any other person, team or club. Any interpretation to the contrary is invalid.

Brighton #18 2008 - 2011; 2012 - 2014
EG #41 2011 - 2012
ILL Allstars #26 2011
Bristol #13 2005 - 2007
punisher

Postby punisher Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:56 pm

No reply?? No so big now are we. Best of luck tomorrow champ lets hope the competition is as good as North America. Whopper.
Mat P

Postby Mat P Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Best, thread, ever.
manc_lad

Postby manc_lad Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Wow, don't think I've seen a prediction thread like this one before. Cheered me up at work on a Friday afternoon.

Purley did had four players in Prague, which included 1/2 long poles.
laxwill11
League Mod
League Mod

Postby laxwill11 Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Bored. back to the topic.

Prem
East Grinstead v Blues - pre-season favourites have too much for EG
Spencer v Welwyn - potentially best game of the weekend. Spencer by 2
Hillcroft v Reading - Hillcroft to carry confidence from last week's win over Purley into another W
Harlequins v Purley
Hitchin v Hampstead - Hampsters to step up a gear for trip to Hitchin

West 1
Bath v Harlequins A
Swansea Hawks v Southampton - Southampton to get their first win on the road
Bristol Bombers v Penarth - Bristol are always up there, will get their season off the ground here
Portsmouth v Warwick - Portsmouth to continue where they left off last week

West 2
Exeter v Bulls - havent a clue, tossed a coin
Cheltenham v Bath 2 - juniors/students to come good
Bristol Bombers 2 v Portsmouth 2 - influence of travis et al to beat the freshers
Tridents P - P Aberystwyth
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...
DommoBath

Postby DommoBath Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:57 pm

What time are Spencer kicking off tomorrow in the Prem?
Dubai Lacrosse #3
stemcdlax23

Postby stemcdlax23 Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:05 pm

Agreed - best prediction thread ever! Too funny!

Its all about making friends for some people :shock: haha
'This is the whit...........'

Northern Monkey
stemcdlax23

Postby stemcdlax23 Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Its been a while so I think I'll jump on the predictions bandwagon:

Prem
East Grinstead v Blues
Spencer v Welwyn - Welwyn will be too organised for Spencer but I think it'll go down to the wire! Game of the week??
Hillcroft v Reading - I think Reading will have a little surprise up their sleeve for Hillcroft. Both had good first weeks showings but I have a feeling Reading will take this one
Harlequins v Purley - Quins to pile on some more pressure early in the season for the boys in Purple and Yellow, another close one though. I would also love to watch the Stanford v Barrett face off battle - always a corker!
Hitchin v Hampstead - Im going for Hitchin to come out on top with Hampstead travelling light!

West 1
Have no idea but will hazard a guess, going off 09-10 season - Games cancelled due to water logged pitches

West 2
Have no idea but will hazard a guess going off 09-10 season - Games cancelled due to water logged pitches

East 1
Panthers v Spencer 2 - Haven't got a clue, but i'll go with alphabetical order, Brighton to come out on top
Cambridge v Bucks - With a new coach in place, I think Cambridge will be stronger than ever this season
Blues 2 v Reading 2
Croydon v Colchester - A really tough one, but im going with experience over youth

East 2
Hitchin A v Epsom - Ray Harry to score a bag full, Ballentine to get fouled out of the game :D
London v Welwyn 2 - No. Idea.
Northampton v Spencer 3

East 3
Blues 3 v Canterbury
RAF Marham v Royal Holloway - Should be a close game all round, but i'm clutching at straws for the result!
'This is the whit...........'

Northern Monkey
Rotisserie

Postby Rotisserie Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:01 pm

stemcdlax23 wrote:West 1
Have no idea but will hazard a guess, going off 09-10 season - Games cancelled due to water logged pitches

West 2
Have no idea but will hazard a guess going off 09-10 season - Games cancelled due to water logged pitches

Bristol have moved to an astro in the hope of getting more games played this year. We'll be playing both games tomorrow regardless of the weather.
kiddo

Postby kiddo Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:14 pm

Rotisserie wrote:

West 2

Bristol have moved to an astro in the hope of getting more games played this year. We'll be playing both games tomorrow regardless of the weather.

Sand based? Will this be used regardless of the weather conditions?
fresher309
League Mod
League Mod

Postby fresher309 Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:20 pm

kiddo wrote:
Rotisserie wrote:

West 2

Sand based? Will this be used regardless of the weather conditions?

Yes, come rain, shine or even a mini monsoon!
Being serious though hopefully we'll have no cancelled matches (home at least). Gutted im not playing this week but hopefully it'll be a clean sweep for both teams
Ex Birmingham Bulls #88
Bristol Bombers #88
Turkish.....Maybe
Lacrostitute....Definitely
Hickey7

Postby Hickey7 Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:12 pm

S_24_LAX wrote:
East 3
Blues 3 v Canterbury

Cheers Balatine for being the only the one to have faith in canterbury :P, was close though.
Canterbury Christ Church University#73 2008-2011
Southampton Sabres Captain #73 - 2011 - ??
South England

Team Chris Griffiths
'Lacrosse is a very fashionable game, all colours must match and be Pink'.
FERAL

Postby FERAL Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Dude we should so play on the same team. Like you I also hate lacrosse and merely enjoy being surrounded by big angry men for 80 minutes of my Saturday. We could ignore the lacrosse altogether and hit the showers if you fancy... Slippery soap anyone
jtrotsky

Postby jtrotsky Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:56 pm

x
Last edited by jtrotsky on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:35 pm

jtrotsky wrote:
FERAL wrote:

Dude we should so play on the same team. Like you I also hate lacrosse and merely enjoy being surrounded by big angry men for 80 minutes of my Saturday. We could ignore the lacrosse altogether and hit the showers if you fancy... Slippery soap anyone

Sorry man I'm not from Northern England.

your banter on the forums when you've had a few day's to think about it is just as rubbish as your banter on the pitch. Remarkable.
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
Ketts19

Postby Ketts19 Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:00 am

I think it's stretching the definition a bit thin to say that was banter...
Jedi Lax #19

Some people are beyond help....myself included

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register