ProLaxShop

Results 25th Feb

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
HaverGoalie

Postby HaverGoalie Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:58 pm

mattwakes wrote:Should have won by a lot more!? hmm i thought many of the chances went southamptons way just failed to finish them off...as usual! enojyable match very physical! away teams need to put on food for the visiting team! mcdonalds just doesnt do it for us any more!

Don't mind young leadhead, loves to talk.

It's hard for the rest of us to live up to your sterling hospitality! You set a high standard. Oxford's excuse is a complete lack of parking in central Oxford. There's really nowhere that could handle a minibus. I proposed bringing food to the pitch, a la Bristol with their Pasties, but with no sponsorship and limited funding, we've had to send folks home hungry.

If you want to see the pinnacle of Lax hospitality, sneak into the top secret black tie Varsity Dinner after the Oxford-Cambridge game this coming Saturday March 4th. Much delicious food, fine cigars, and alcohol flowing like water, all in Oxford's 13th Century town hall. Gonna be unreal.
Oxford Keeper 2005-2006

Haverford College, USA
Rian

Postby Rian Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:30 am

So we're all invited?? :lol:
HLC Munich #??
Ex-Bristol Bombers #1
Ex-Bristol Sharks #23
Flamin' Galahs #23
-------------------------------------------------------
'Trust me...I'm a Lawyer'
dmiddie

Postby dmiddie Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:45 am

So you've already been to a Varsity dinner then Havergoalie?
Brand Knew

Postby Brand Knew Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:52 am

Bath 6 Hillcroft 10

Good call Addison
HaverGoalie

Postby HaverGoalie Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:09 am

dmiddie wrote:So you've already been to a Varsity dinner then Havergoalie?

Unfortunately not, as you may be able to tell from my excitement. This has been built up all season, so I know the deal intimately. Should be a good time, and better if we win and can insult the Tabs in between puffs of our Cubans.
Oxford Keeper 2005-2006

Haverford College, USA
Ash

Postby Ash Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:36 am

lead_head11 wrote:Was gr8 result for UWIC, should have won by a lot more but a win is all we wanted.
Did get a bit heated but do take exception to being hit round the head twice so had to do something bout it!
Anyway it was only Robin!
Bring on Portsmouth.

yeah to be honest we thought you were lucky to still be in it come the last quarter as we had enjoyed the majority of the attacking possession and had wasted a lot of one on ones. When we went 4-3 up in the last quarter it looked likely we were going to take it.

I played nearly all that game up front cos i wasn't feeling great, I'm pretty glad i did as it was pretty damn rough, to be honest the pitch was what caused it though. I have never seen a game where the ball spent so much time on the floor! Which suited your more physical style. Your man/ball work was very good.

But the game was very scrappy. On a final note can i recommend everyone buys a Box! lol! I will be on monday! Whilst fortunately it appears to still be in full working order, that slash to my groin was not the highlight of my saturday! hahaha

well done Uwic
Reading Wildcats (#13) 2010 - Present
Southampton City (#13) 2008-2010
Reading Wildcats 2007-2008
Southampton University (#13) Pre - 2007
Whitey

Postby Whitey Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:35 am

Cambridge 5 - East Grinstead 3

Pretty poor game by both teams. We'll take them in the play-offs if we get a chance
Ash

Postby Ash Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:21 am

HaverGoalie wrote:
mattwakes wrote:Should have won by a lot more!? hmm i thought many of the chances went southamptons way just failed to finish them off...as usual! enojyable match very physical! away teams need to put on food for the visiting team! mcdonalds just doesnt do it for us any more!

Don't mind young leadhead, loves to talk.

It's hard for the rest of us to live up to your sterling hospitality! You set a high standard.

yeah its not bad is it!

back in the day oxford used to bring half pints of shandy out to the pitch for themselves and the opposition that was amusing! Though i initially thought it was a slight against our play! haha
DommoBath

Postby DommoBath Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:39 pm

So much for Gloucester V Oxford being "upset of the season"! I don't think it's really suprising though as Oxford are a seriously hot unit.
HaverGoalie

Postby HaverGoalie Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:42 pm

DommoBath wrote:So much for Gloucester V Oxford being "upset of the season"! I don't think it's really suprising though as Oxford are a seriously hot unit.

We and the Glos guys were planning on playing a joke on the forums for two days, inverting the scoreline and announcing a Glos blowout of Oxford. The honesty of young Ninja spoiled that fun.
Oxford Keeper 2005-2006

Haverford College, USA
J-Lo

Postby J-Lo Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:04 pm

vipe wrote:Good game indeed. Shame it was 11 vs 10 though.
Plus and mostly, you need to teach number 13 aka "travolta" respect mostly,when everyone lines up to shake hands at the end that it includes helmet and gloves off for him too, not only for every other player on the pitch.

did he not shake anyones hand? think he hates herts after being beat up by your goalie lol.

11 vs 10? are you refering to when there was a bit of a skirmish between Trav and your #10 and i ran on the field in an attempt to get involved? I did tell the ref straight awa that since i ran on we had an extra player on the pitch...however he failed to give the penalty.
slag@glos

Postby slag@glos Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:22 pm

It was THE upset of the season.... i'm really upset i lost! It was an awesome game, a team like Oxford really shows us what we need to practise on. The were swarming around the cage shouting "no shot, not shot!!" Felt like playing against a SWAT team. You make one tiny little mistake and BAM!!.... they've got you on a fast break. To be honest we were counting on the yanks not coping with the cold. all in all spiffing good game lads, good luck against Cambridge. :D great bunch of blokes!!
lead_head11
League Mod
League Mod

Postby lead_head11 Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:51 pm

Must hav been watching a different game then! I thought our D played fantastic, u were restricted to a lot of outside shots which were dealt with quite easily. The 1 on 1 robin missed was quite funny, think grindle scared him a bit wen he ran out to challenge him!!

We do like to play a physical game so the pitch does play into our hands a bit although it does still cause us a few problems.
I thought u were lucky to be 4-3 ahead seeing as our captain was wasting so many chances up front. Its been our problem all season thou, find it hard to score.
We would put food on for the away teams but we find it hard enough to get money for the club let alone get cash to give away teams food. Southampton hospitalty has to be the best in the league, sorry we couldnt repay u.
Chlammy

Postby Chlammy Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:37 pm

easy leadhead! at least i managed to hit the cage a couple of times... more than usual! :)

as for after game meals, would be awesome if we could! fundings is always the problem for us not to mention that as we aint part of busa our uni dont give a flying f**k about us!
Ash

Postby Ash Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:01 pm

you had a good game chlammy! Our team over commited on you a bit to much! that second thwe goal that made it 2-2 from you was pretty damn sharp though in the top right
Vman

Postby Vman Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:43 pm

Yeh that top corner goal was a pretty tasty one, how many of the UWIC goals was it you scored chlammy?
lead_head11
League Mod
League Mod

Postby lead_head11 Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:45 pm

He got 5, we bet him that he wouldny be able to score more than 3 but he proved us wrong.
donkey

Postby donkey Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:05 pm

yeah cheers for the game south really enjoyed it.
i thought it was quite an even match in most respects, it was a physical match but hey its lacrosse, ur hitting each other with sticks so what do u expect. on a personal note cheers to number 30, bit of a legend lol the prince and the king did very well with an awesome low shot from number 1 in the bottom right hand corner. grindle wasnt happy lol
and sorry about the food, as chlammy and lead head sed we just ent got the money, we cudnt even afford for ourselves to hav food lol

take it easy lads and we'll c u in dublin/ next season.

Donkey
Kadonkadonk!
Claire

Postby Claire Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:55 pm

did u cry about the slash to the groin, Ash???

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rian

Postby Rian Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:10 pm

...always stirring :P
HLC Munich #??
Ex-Bristol Bombers #1
Ex-Bristol Sharks #23
Flamin' Galahs #23
-------------------------------------------------------
'Trust me...I'm a Lawyer'

Return to “UK Southern”