ProLaxShop

retirement

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
jstdlax

retirement

Postby jstdlax Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:21 pm

Bigjohnstud, widely regarded as one of the best, if not the best player in the welsh men's game, has retired from international competition and will not play for his country at next summer's World Cup in Canada.
The experienced 21-year-old short-stick goalie was one of Wales’s players when the national side won a 9th place at the World Championship in Perth in 2002.
financial commitments have led the well-respected Rochdale player to step down before the welsh dinghy sails for London Ontario in July.
'I just felt my heart wasn't in it anymore,' said stud, who played for Wales at the 2002 World Cup in Perth.
'My priorities in life have changed. It's a huge commitment to play for Wales and I didn't want to go to Canada for the wrong reasons.
'Now is the best time to drop out so that other players have a chance to play for the team.'
Despite hanging up his Welsh boots for the last time, Studly has stressed that he will continue to play club lacrosse for Rochdale, the side he led to the 6 a side under 16’s comp and the 2nd round of the Nigel Wayne shootout.

'I've spoke to Stud a couple of times and it was a very tough decision for him to make,' revealed Matt Croney another experienced international.
'He's one of our best players, but he's decided to withdraw and I thanked him for his honesty.
'It's better he's pulled out now, rather than further down the line. He's been a great servant to Welsh Lacrosse and we all wish him the best.'
Northern Scum

Postby Northern Scum Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:06 pm

:( it's sad to hear this news the game need plays of bigjohnstuds stature, the welsh managment must get a grip of the situation or they may end up looking like a poor club side.
Taffy_Apple

Postby Taffy_Apple Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:40 pm

On behalf of the welsh lacrosse playing community, we appreciate all the hard work you have done for us, we couldn't have got that 9th place without you Stud!!!,

As for your club achievements i think you have excelled yourself and can understand why retirement has been taken at such a high point in your career.

The international game salutes you and long may your lacrosse career continue for your club.

Your Old Pal,

Taffy
Northern Scum

Postby Northern Scum Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:24 pm

:idea: I've just heard that the big studs end was more to do with a clash with his sponsors Victorias secrets and the welsh deal the Fashion giant Taffy Hill Farmer.
jstdlax

Postby jstdlax Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:19 pm

:( that is true unfortunately i was not allowed to wear my crocodileskin jock strap
jstdlax

Postby jstdlax Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:21 pm

apparently jonny brubaker are also interested in sponsoring the team
Northern Scum

Postby Northern Scum Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:16 pm

I still can't believe people are still going on about the 5th div and who will beat who in the prem with such a sad story as the loss of bigjohnstud from the world stage. :shock: :?: :?: :!:

Return to “UK Northern”