ProLaxShop

Results 8th December

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
LivTeamJones26

Results 8th December

Postby LivTeamJones26 Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:12 pm

A Very early one:

HMG concede to Liverpool.
Liverpool Lacrosse #5
Liverpool Lacrosse Fixtures Sec 2012-13
Moaning Git

Re: Results 8th December

Postby Moaning Git Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:57 pm

How many games have HMG conceded up to now?
LivTeamJones26

Postby LivTeamJones26 Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:04 am

Liverpool Lacrosse #5
whopead

Postby whopead Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:07 pm

Played them On sat. Moved the game to Stoke to help them out. They are dying! had bare 10 with players who a) didnt want to be there b) had not played before. Its a real shame to see them struggling. Think they appreciated the change of venue. Can someone help them??
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Not with the league rules as they are
whopead

Postby whopead Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:29 pm

very sad. i would be surprised if they complete the season and amazed if the are in the league next season.
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
Pete

Postby Pete Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:14 pm

They sent a request to our club (Heaton Mersey) asking if they could borrow maybe 2-3 players a week so they would have a team to fulfill all their fixtures. We were happy to help and agreed at club commitee meeting that we would lend them 2-3 players a week. However when you look at the distance of their away fixtures our players werent too keen on the long trips and also were around tha ages of 16-17 and did not drive. I think if HMG were allowed to play in North 3 they could easily fulfill there fixtures and a couple of our players would be happy to play for them each week as the majority of games are in Greater Manchester. Surely it would be in everyones best interest to see them survive as a club in a diufferent league where they can play each week as oppose to folding or only managing half the games in the vurrent league they are in?
Hall0

Postby Hall0 Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:57 pm

could they not get a University affiliation?
Staffordshire Uni Lax #7
City Of Stoke Lax #0
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:07 pm

There is a Players Forum meeting at Boardman next week, all the clubs that are struggling need to be there and press that NEMLA is proactive in seeking solutions and introducing flexibility about for example loaning players to enable fixtures to be met. the same could be said about addressing shortages of officials.

If there is enough pressure from the clubs NEMLA will probably respond, I would support it, and I can think of other committee members who would, the problem is that according to the strict definitions of the NEMLA Constitution the problems of individual clubs are nothing to do with the organisation, so there has to be pressure from the clubs that they want action, and not just those in trouble but also from other clubs that are concerned about the issue.
wimmerlax

Postby wimmerlax Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Real shame to see HMG in trouble, I've played against them a number of times and always found them to be really welcoming, friendly guys who play hard and are up for a chat after the match, hope something could be done to save a club like that.

I don't know much about the situation but would they not be able to combine forces with Oldham? are there many Oldham players who didn't transfer to another club and just kicking their feet until they can put out senior team?
the pom

Postby the pom Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Hall0 wrote:could they not get a University affiliation?

are staffs interested? probably one of the closest units not already affiliated.
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
LivTeamJones26

Postby LivTeamJones26 Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Pete wrote:They sent a request to our club (Heaton Mersey) asking if they could borrow maybe 2-3 players a week so they would have a team to fulfill all their fixtures. We were happy to help and agreed at club commitee meeting that we would lend them 2-3 players a week. However when you look at the distance of their away fixtures our players werent too keen on the long trips and also were around tha ages of 16-17 and did not drive. I think if HMG were allowed to play in North 3 they could easily fulfill there fixtures and a couple of our players would be happy to play for them each week as the majority of games are in Greater Manchester. Surely it would be in everyones best interest to see them survive as a club in a diufferent league where they can play each week as oppose to folding or only managing half the games in the vurrent league they are in?

My only issue is where does it end? Any club can say "well we won't play unless we're in such and such league so we only have to travel x miles". That's not good for the growth of the game....

I don't see how this is a league restructure issue either as most of the teams would be in the same league as them were it Div 5 etc, What happens then? They get bumped up into a higher league full of M60 teams and ringfenced from relegation?

I feel for the club, but both times they've conceded to us it's been a home game for them. The problems (as far as i can tell from the outside) seem to be more around getting new players into the club, and putting them in North 3 will only act to slow down the inevitable unless this issue is addressed.
Liverpool Lacrosse #5
spence_warwicklax

Postby spence_warwicklax Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:52 pm

the pom wrote:
Hall0 wrote:could they not get a University affiliation?

are staffs interested? probably one of the closest units not already affiliated.

as far as I'm aware, City of Stoke LC draw a number of their players from Staffs Uni - they play their home fixtures at the uni's Stoke campus at least
Hull LC 2010-
Warwick University 2008-12
webby

Postby webby Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:36 am

What's the weather been like down south? Are many games going ahead?

We've had snow, ice and rain up North for the past week but had the all clear from the groundsman for Newcastle - Norbury to go ahead.
Tree13

Postby Tree13 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:14 pm

webby wrote:What's the weather been like down south? Are many games going ahead?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17855

As of 11am this morning there's three postponements listed already, plus two more that I have heard rumours about through other channels: Norwich v Brighton appears to be off due to waterlogged pitch and Reading v East Grinstead is apparently off due to the insurance issue. However, these two haven't yet been mentioned on here, so these may only be rumours.
Tree13's posts only reflect Tree13's personal opinions. They do not represent the views of any other person, team or club. Any interpretation to the contrary is invalid.

Brighton #18 2008 - 2011; 2012 - 2014
EG #41 2011 - 2012
ILL Allstars #26 2011
Bristol #13 2005 - 2007
webby

Postby webby Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Tree13 wrote:

As of 11am this morning there's three postponements listed already, plus two more that I have heard rumours about through other channels: Norwich v Brighton appears to be off due to waterlogged pitch and Reading v East Grinstead is apparently off due to the insurance issue. However, these two haven't yet been mentioned on here, so these may only be rumours.

I had seen the posts in the Southern forums. I was actually referring to NEMLA matches anywhere south of the Tyne! But thanks for the update. :)
Tree13

Postby Tree13 Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:55 pm

webby wrote:
Tree13 wrote:

I had seen the posts in the Southern forums. I was actually referring to NEMLA matches anywhere south of the Tyne! But thanks for the update. :)

Oooops. Sorry, I misunderstood entirely :oops:
Tree13's posts only reflect Tree13's personal opinions. They do not represent the views of any other person, team or club. Any interpretation to the contrary is invalid.

Brighton #18 2008 - 2011; 2012 - 2014
EG #41 2011 - 2012
ILL Allstars #26 2011
Bristol #13 2005 - 2007
young_trig

Postby young_trig Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Leeds 4 - 14 steelers.

Steelers formidable. Again!
cheekylaxstuff

Postby cheekylaxstuff Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Lancashire Cup Group heats

Managed to organise a round robin where the 3 games in the group played each other thankfully before Christmas and University and life shut up shop for Christmas.
10 AM Stoke V CHLC , 2-23 to CHLC
Noon Stoke V Lincoln 6-14 to Lincoln
2 PM Lincoln v CHLC 3-16 to CHLC

Great efforts from all clubs for playing 2 games on same day, back to back games for Stoke and Lincoln, Refereees and CBO inb fine form

Looks like Chlc and Lincoln now in the semi finals
Jewellery,Wooden Shafts,Lacrosse Antiques,Lax Art * Random kit
webby

Postby webby Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Newcastle 8-12 Norbury.

Newcastle down to 11 men after one missed his train from Durham and another injured himself in the warm up!

Poor first quarter cost the Toon in what was a close game throughout.

All lacrosse games should be played on 3G!

Return to “UK Northern”