ProLaxShop

Goalie CP

Want any advice on equipment? Or to review a piece of equipment? This is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
comet36

Goalie CP

Postby comet36 Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I've seen a few cp threads on here but they don't cover a couple of the designs I'm looking at. I've been playing a few years and I'm looking to upgrade my chest pad, currently have an inexpensive, uncomfortable one. I've been looking on forums and website reviews and can't get a definitive answer.

I think I've got a shortlist of Brine Eraser 2, Easton Stealth or maybe even the Maverik Fox. Heard good things about all 3. Wondering about the protection on the Eraser 2 or Fox, and mobility of the Stealth. Has anyone got any first hand experience of these? Know it will be quite a personal thing for each goalie but any help would be appreciated.

Finally, I know people also rave about the Cell 2 but is it really worth the extra £50??? Those shoulder straps/pads look pretty bulky and restrictive (for the record getting hit in the shoulder doesn't bother me).

Thanks for your time :)
calbug

Re: Goalie CP

Postby calbug Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Sorry to throw something else into the mix, but I used a Warrior Lockdown pad (not guard) last season and it was OK, perhaps rode up a little and got fouled up on the throat guard, but didn't get hurt which is kind of the point eh.

Now gone to the other end of the scale & using Buzzkill guard for this season...look like a cylon, but amazingly flexible and you can pop the shoulders off on it (that said I'm used to a hockey guard, so anything is light & flexible compared to those days!)

I've used Easton pads before (not for lax) and liked their stuff but can't help with any of those you mentioned, sorry!

Return to “Discussion”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register

Recent Topics