ProLaxShop

Need new d pole shaft for LSM

Want any advice on equipment? Or to review a piece of equipment? This is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
greyshrop

Need new d pole shaft for LSM

Postby greyshrop Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm going to start playing LSM next season after being a middie. I need a light shaft but also durable because I also play a lot of defense now. What's the best shaft for me? Light but durable.
Mort rotu

Re: Need new d pole shaft for LSM

Postby Mort rotu Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:29 pm

"search and yea shall find the answer"
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=18273

Just because you're an LSM doesn't make your pole any different to any D mans pole, we all want something that will last a while, will stay straight, is light, a little flexible and that we can afford.
Currently M.I.A. - I'll be back.
Soton Uni #33 05-12
Soton Uni Secretary 09-11
lgr

Postby lgr Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:24 am

greyshrop wrote:Light but durable.

Light = Scandium/Aluminium alloy
Durable = Titanium alloy
http://www.lacrossegearreview.com
- We independently review the best lacrosse gear so you're in the know. No cheesy sales slogans, just the facts.
PiotreX

Postby PiotreX Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:38 am

lgr wrote:

Durable = Titanium alloy

Yeah, you don't really get to have both ;) Maybe a STX Steel 7000 if you manage to find one, those seem to be quite durable and not overly heavy, but they're out of production I think so maybe a few left somewhere.
I like to string and I like to help my fellow stringers. Drop me a line if you need help, be it stringing mesh pockets, custom pockets, repairs etc.
lgr

Postby lgr Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:46 am

PiotreX wrote:
lgr wrote:

Durable = Titanium alloy

Yeah, you don't really get to have both ;) Maybe a STX Steel 7000 if you manage to find one, those seem to be quite durable and not overly heavy, but they're out of production I think so maybe a few left somewhere.

STX Stallion SC-TI (http://www.lacrossegearreview.com/shaft ... haft-60473) has scandium and titanium. Unfortunately also the price tag to match.
http://www.lacrossegearreview.com
- We independently review the best lacrosse gear so you're in the know. No cheesy sales slogans, just the facts.
d4neel

Postby d4neel Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:48 pm

I have been a d-pole and LSM for over 8 years. I have used the same shaft since I started playing. I show up to practice and all the other poles are amazed at how light my shaft is. It is the lightest pole on my team. But yet, there are no dents in it. I HIGHLY recommend the Easton stealth tht100 scandium long pole. Easton has stopped making lacrosse products so all of there products are on super sale. Normally $150 US dollars. You can pick them up now at about $70 -$90 US dollars. Let me know when you go coast to coast.

Return to “Discussion”