ProLaxShop

Traditional pockets

Want any advice on equipment? Or to review a piece of equipment? This is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
FogoMiddie4

Traditional pockets

Postby FogoMiddie4 Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:17 am

Im thinking about getting some kind of trad strung onto an old head of mine just to see if I like it. What kind of traditional does everyone think I should get (pita, 7d traditional, etc.)? I prefer a lot of hold and whip! Thanks for your help!
xtrememiddie911

Re: Traditional pockets

Postby xtrememiddie911 Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:29 am

Well from what I heard the pita is like the basic…now if you wanted you can add the shooters…that's what would add it. My friend has one and is thinking about trying a new type and what he does is goes up on the rocket pocket website see what kind there is and look up a tutorial on how to string it
FogoMiddie4

Postby FogoMiddie4 Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:29 pm

ok thanks!
FogoMiddie4

Postby FogoMiddie4 Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Does a pita pocket or a classic traditional usually have more hold?
Sabertooth99

Postby Sabertooth99 Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:16 pm

I use the regular trad an the whip on it depends on how tight u have the leaders if u want more whip loosen the middle leathers an tighten the outside leathers that's all it is. The all the trad stringing hav bout the same hold unless u do dog striging that has a lot of whip in it but it wld b harder for u to pass
Head Choncho

Postby Head Choncho Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:32 am

Pita is what you'd want to try if you just want to see how it is and you can make it have quite a bit of whip depending on how you string it
lax0gator7

Postby lax0gator7 Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:52 pm

I have a cobra pocket that has a ton of hold and decent whip. It's an amazing pocket to have, but the stringing is difficult, expensive ($30+ how much the person is charging) and takes some time. But if ur looking for something complicated, it's pretty sick.
PiotreX

Postby PiotreX Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:34 pm

lax0gator7 wrote:I have a cobra pocket that has a ton of hold and decent whip. It's an amazing pocket to have, but the stringing is difficult, expensive ($30+ how much the person is charging) and takes some time. But if ur looking for something complicated, it's pretty sick.

Holy crap, that's one hell of a weird pocket. I don't see the point of it really, other than most likely a quick release, maybe low whip and not much hold. How is it working out for you?

For any sort of trad the basics are the same as for mesh: biger diamonds/holes - more hold. Every pocket will develop whip in time, but usually trad pockets will evolve quicker and you have to pus some effort in to keeping them clean and symmetrical. You could probably get the same characteristics out of a Pita pocket as from an IMHO overpriced Rock-it.

Cheers,
P
I like to string and I like to help my fellow stringers. Drop me a line if you need help, be it stringing mesh pockets, custom pockets, repairs etc.
lax0gator7

Postby lax0gator7 Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:46 pm

It's working fine, although I find myself adjusting the shooters pretty often. It gives a hell of a lot more hold but still staying legal.
LPierce

Postby LPierce Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:35 pm

I have a wide traditional on a Surgeon and love it. Great hold with a fast and accurate release.
PiotreX

Postby PiotreX Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:33 pm

All in all it all depends on how good a job the stringer does. I've been stringing some heat pockets recently and I'm in love :]
I like to string and I like to help my fellow stringers. Drop me a line if you need help, be it stringing mesh pockets, custom pockets, repairs etc.
LetsPlay

Postby LetsPlay Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:41 am

HI!
could you guys recommend some good online shops for pockets?
thanks in advance!
Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:02 pm

LetsPlay wrote:HI!
could you guys recommend some good online shops for pockets?
thanks in advance!

are you uk based? and do you mean stringing kits?

monstermesh.co.uk
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed

Return to “Discussion”