ProLaxShop

Custom help

Want any advice on equipment? Or to review a piece of equipment? This is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Mort rotu

Custom help

Postby Mort rotu Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:49 pm

So I got bored and thought I'd try and string up a trad pocket. Its something I've been toying with for a while as I can string a good looking and functional mesh pocket reasonably quickly, so wanted to expand my skill set. Problem is that I don't know of anybody else locally who does this, so my usual pool of constructive criticism is missing.

Here is my first attempt at a pita-style pocket. Its strung on a Mohawk Mach 1 (thanks Cheeky). It throws quite nicely considering its my first attempt, alot of hold, not too much whip. Any comment and criticism welcome provided you can tell me how to fix it if its wrong. Please bare in mind its a pita style pocket not a pedigree one, some things are different. Thumbs are click-able for a higher res image:

Channel

Front

Side

Side with ball

If you'd like to see some other pictures from different angles please say and I'll get my photographer on it :D
Currently M.I.A. - I'll be back.
Soton Uni #33 05-12
Soton Uni Secretary 09-11
jon (blues)

Re: Custom help

Postby jon (blues) Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:58 am

looks good. but the pics are abit to small to look at the string in detail.
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:58 pm

jon (blues) wrote:looks good. but the pics are abit to small to look at the string in detail.

click the pictures, they're thumbnails to larger ones on photobucket :D
Soton Uni #33 05-12
the pom

Postby the pom Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Looks good

Interlocks are a bit loose will probably move around a bit whilst breaking in but good attempt
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:30 am

the pom wrote:Looks good

Interlocks are a bit loose will probably move around a bit whilst breaking in but good attempt

Thank you!

I couldn't work out how to get the singles to be tighter and still get the desired depth of pocket, any tips?
Soton Uni #33 05-12

Return to “Discussion”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register