ProLaxShop

Kukri Playing Kit

Want any advice on equipment? Or to review a piece of equipment? This is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
UKLaxfan

Re: Kukri Playing Kit

Postby UKLaxfan Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Tommy_Tank wrote:Hillcroft are sporting Underarmour this year imported from LacrosseUnlimited in the states. We paid to get detail stiched on rather than printed so should last longer. Worked out at around £60 for a jersey and £30 for shorts including all delivery and customs charges. Were really chuffed with it!

Photos?
Tommy_Tank

Postby Tommy_Tank Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Hillcroft #44
Warwick Exiles #1
EX-Warwick Lacrosse #44
Chowder

Postby Chowder Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:01 pm

The Under Armour kit looks sick, good work there, if it was my choice I would definitely use them, if not Nike, although not saying anything against radsheep, seen their viking lax stuff up close and it seems nice.
snooplax

Postby snooplax Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:49 am

admin wrote:
UKLaxfan wrote:How come nobody is recommending UKLacrosse?

They don't pay to advertise and support the forum and everyone knows RadSheep are probably the best lacrosse kit supplier in the UK :wink: :wink: :wink:

:lol:
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:39 am

I thought Hillcroft played in yellow with black numbers?
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
the pom

Postby the pom Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:49 am

good point UK lax fan

the jedi kit from uk lax is top mine has had loads of use and still looks like new well recomended
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
DanSawyer

Postby DanSawyer Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:10 am

My Pompey kit is Rad Sheep and it's certainly good stuff. Really want some Fit2Win dryflex from Northern Soul but competing with tight student budgets...
Chichester Crusaders Coach.
Portsmouth Uni #66 - once upon a time.
Southampton Sabres #66 - a long time ago.
Army #7 - Tri-Services 2009

Coming soon to a sideline near you, complete with camera.
Tommy_Tank

Postby Tommy_Tank Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:27 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote:

I thought Hillcroft played in yellow with black numbers?

Part of redeveloping the club to bring more players involved pimping the kit!
Hillcroft #44
Warwick Exiles #1
EX-Warwick Lacrosse #44
snooplax

Postby snooplax Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:01 pm

DanSawyer wrote:My Pompey kit is Rad Sheep and it's certainly good stuff. Really want some Fit2Win dryflex from Northern Soul but competing with tight student budgets...

Could always use our other materials matey
DanSawyer

Postby DanSawyer Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:52 pm

Seems foolish to pay £50 for dazzle when you can pay £70 for dryflex...
Chichester Crusaders Coach.
Portsmouth Uni #66 - once upon a time.
Southampton Sabres #66 - a long time ago.
Army #7 - Tri-Services 2009

Coming soon to a sideline near you, complete with camera.
ANDREEEW

Postby ANDREEEW Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Some very fair comments on Kukri, Unfortunately for them poor service and quality has lost them an order.

The problem with the likes of RadSheep, UA and Nike is that it takes longer and it's not as easy to see how the product will look and the price it will cost etc. Not much to account for when you get a long lasting kit in the end but when your trying to get about £100+ from a student - Hard work.

I'll e-mail RadSheep and scrap Kukri for now. I would love a Nike/UA kit though.
University of Chichester Lacrosse
the pom

Postby the pom Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:15 pm

dont forgrt to try uk lax jedi kit was good quality and was not expensive and they have a great rep for service.
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
petegriffin

Postby petegriffin Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:17 pm

ANDREEEW wrote:Some very fair comments on Kukri, Unfortunately for them poor service and quality has lost them an order.

The problem with the likes of RadSheep, UA and Nike is that it takes longer and it's not as easy to see how the product will look and the price it will cost etc. Not much to account for when you get a long lasting kit in the end but when your trying to get about £100+ from a student - Hard work.

I'll e-mail RadSheep and scrap Kukri for now. I would love a Nike/UA kit though.

Rad Sheep has a shorter production time than Kukri in my experience (even if they say it's shorter the only time I've used them it took an age, a story I've heard quite a lot with them). Rad Sheep used to turn the kit around in 4 weeks from accepting a design, not used them for a long time now but what ever time frame they give I'd trust.

The mock ups they do to design the kit are also very good and are as good as you can get to seeing what the design will look like without seeing the real thing.

Nike & UA kits do look really good but I'm all for a UK supplier and maybe with more business they'll develop what they have to offer in terms of material & technology.
Pete

Hillcroft A
DreadLAX
https://www.facebook.com/DreadLAX
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:31 pm

petegriffin wrote:
ANDREEEW wrote:Some very fair comments on Kukri, Unfortunately for them poor service and quality has lost them an order.

Rad Sheep has a shorter production time than Kukri in my experience (even if they say it's shorter the only time I've used them it took an age, a story I've heard quite a lot with them). Rad Sheep used to turn the kit around in 4 weeks from accepting a design, not used them for a long time now but what ever time frame they give I'd trust.

The mock ups they do to design the kit are also very good and are as good as you can get to seeing what the design will look like without seeing the real thing.

Nike & UA kits do look really good but I'm all for a UK supplier and maybe with more business they'll develop what they have to offer in terms of material & technology.

The cost of a full strip from Rad sheep a month ago was ~£53-54 per strip, with printed names. It's a bit cheaper without. the mock ups are definitely as close as you are going to get without directly seeing the design in person.
Currently M.I.A. - I'll be back.
Soton Uni #33 05-12
Soton Uni Secretary 09-11
LPierce

Postby LPierce Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:56 am

We use Kukri kit for the uni team, and a few of us also have Radsheep pinnies from the league last year.
Personally I prefer the quality of radsheep as kukri kit feels a bit cheap and rushed but there are some merits to Kukri such as the cost... Looking into a new order atm and it looks like £40 for a full printed strip which isn't too bad. We also bought sublimated pinnies from Kukri for £15 a pop.
It depends really, the customer care from Kukri does let them down but they are cheap while Radsheep have good customer feedback but are a more expensive option.
Long run I'd go with Radsheep
AUMLC #5 2008-2013
AUMLC Secretary 2011/12
AUMLC Captain 2012/13
Granite City Gladiators #5 2008-2013
Scotland U21 #5 BNCs 2011
Lax Bandicoot #5
Yorkshire #5 BNCs 2012
Wilmslow #55 2013-

All posts by this user are personal opinions and do not speak for any team or organisation as a whole.
GlyndwrLax1404

Postby GlyndwrLax1404 Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:50 pm

We got our Glasgow City kit from Radsheep.

The turn around, in November was about 2 weeks from final design (got the order two days after paying them the balance). We bounced about 30 emails back and forth with their design department until we were totally happy with it. Tanya had the patience of a saint. The full

The quality is good - we had yellow shorts at uni a few years back for training and they were quite thin, but they seem to have addressed that. Our uniforms have gone down pretty well in Scotland. They certainly stand out. It worked out around £50 for shorts and shirts.

Would definitely recommend them. When we need to reorder kit in the future we'll be straight back there!
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:37 pm

GlyndwrLax1404 wrote:We got our Glasgow City kit from Radsheep.
Photo?
Hickey7

Postby Hickey7 Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:05 pm

UKLaxfan wrote:How come nobody is recommending UKLacrosse?

Canterbury ordered a new kit from Uklacrosse again this year,
2008's kit was uklacrosse - lovely design but ripped (cant remember the model of jerseys we had),
2009;s was Radsheep - Personally I wasn't happy with the kits, not a fan of the print or the shorts seemed too "fitted"..
2010 - back with Uklacrosse and a better colour scheme to match the university - Lovely jerseys and shorts, comfy and high quality stitching, no ones had any issues as of this season with our team. Bought Varsity vests from Radsheep which look more aesthetically pleasing with the shorts but overall would recommend UKlacrosse to anyone getting kit, well worth getting a quote! :P
Canterbury Christ Church University#73 2008-2011
Southampton Sabres Captain #73 - 2011 - ??
South England

Team Chris Griffiths
'Lacrosse is a very fashionable game, all colours must match and be Pink'.
Hickey7

Postby Hickey7 Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:08 pm

LPierce wrote:We use Kukri kit for the uni team, and a few of us also have Radsheep pinnies from the league last year.
Personally I prefer the quality of radsheep as kukri kit feels a bit cheap and rushed but there are some merits to Kukri such as the cost... Looking into a new order atm and it looks like £40 for a full printed strip which isn't too bad. We also bought sublimated pinnies from Kukri for £15 a pop.
It depends really, the customer care from Kukri does let them down but they are cheap while Radsheep have good customer feedback but are a more expensive option.
Long run I'd go with Radsheep

Is the phrase you get what you pay for appropriate to some extent?

costs for turn around times and quality.

personally I think Radsheep win on turn around time and a very competetive price, Uklacrosse strips can be more pricey but are a higher quality imo.

Im suprised Mr. Perrin hasn't thrown in a Fit to Win sportswear. He came back to us with some good prices and turn around times.
Canterbury Christ Church University#73 2008-2011
Southampton Sabres Captain #73 - 2011 - ??
South England

Team Chris Griffiths
'Lacrosse is a very fashionable game, all colours must match and be Pink'.
GlyndwrLax1404

Postby GlyndwrLax1404 Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:20 pm

UKLaxfan wrote:
GlyndwrLax1404 wrote:We got our Glasgow City kit from Radsheep.
Photo?

https://picasaweb.google.com/kjrobert/G ... seCup2011#

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid= ... &aid=62564

Return to “Discussion”