Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of the ELA men's rules can be found here
Sour37

Re: fish and chip shop league

Postby Sour37 Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:51 am

webby wrote:
Beats your average 8 pregame pints.

I'm really not sure that it does. Unless of course you're talking about the "poor preparation stakes" then it does.
the pom

Postby the pom Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:20 pm

young_trig wrote:
Moaning Git wrote:I never realised that you were so bloody sensitive!

And as for racist remark..... I don't think so. What if he had written, the scorer had obviously had 3 shredded wheat for breakfast.... would that have been unwarranted advertising. You are playing the I am outraged card, because you want to be have a pop, because you are. Save your horror and indignation for real examples of racism, there are plenty about!

I was actually aiming my remark at DannyEcko. It was just banter

actually it is not the comment that bothers me

it is the fact you would have thought just after one incident that would be a bit more aware and check what they were printing however minor.

if the FA or the RFU had printed that you could imagine a back lash so why not expect the same from the ELA they are proffesionals why not expect a profesional level of performance.
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:45 pm

Nonesense, like saying CV5s should have the same performance as lambos!The whole of Lacrosse is an amateur sport struggling to operate effectively, never mind professionally. Of course there is room for improvement and mistakes should be learned from, but being over critical is counter productive, and personally I think your reaction to this particular comment is contrived and out of all proportion.
the pom

Postby the pom Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:54 am

I dont expect them to be the best but to follow their own guidlines would be a good start "any form of Dicrimination"

from Ela web site

11. Equal Opportunities
It is the aim of the Association to:
ensure that all present and potential members / employees receive fair and equal treatment
provide all of its services in a way which is fair to everyone
ensure that in its relationships with its members / employees and in its provision of services not to disadvantage any individual by imposing any conditions or requirements which cannot be fully justified.
In pursuance of this policy the Association:
may take special measures / positive action for any group which is currently under represented in its membership, representative bodies or workforce taking account of the Race Relations Act (1976) and the Sex Discrimination Acts ( 1975 /1986 )
reserves the right to discipline any members /employees of the Association who practise any form of discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age, gender, disability, ethnic origin, creed, colour, social status or sexual orientation.
The Association will monitor and evaluate this policy on an on-going basis and will inform the members / employees of its impact.
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
Northern Scum

Postby Northern Scum Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:25 am

THE ELA DO IT AGAIN!!!

I am disappointed at the attitude of the ELA in their report of the weekends results, the use of the phase 'take the gravy' when referring to Rochdale being top of prem 2 is both derogatory and insulting. Is the author of the opinion that all people who live north of the Mersey put gravy on everything they eat? Does he think that we send all day in't mill with our whippets and flat caps, drinking Dark Mild from barrel glasses before going home and beating our wife’s and feeding our pigeons down the allotment! It is that sort of attitude from a southern softie from Cheshire that holds back the development of this sport, it underline the north/south divide. I would have everyone involved in the ELA from CEO to volunteer working within the organisation publicly flogged for this and then make them stand naked at the top of a mountain and apologies before stoning them.

What next, teams in the Southern state of Trafford getting upset because they are unhappy that someone makes a comment about 2 relegated teams getting better results than them. Get a grip Mr ELA!

People may think that I'm over reacting to someone trying to give some exposure to results in NEMLA? feel free to comment.......
You're all southern shandy drinkers
young_trig

Postby young_trig Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:08 am

The latest report did make me chuckle. They seem to be making it up as they go along at some points. I feel a bit sorry for Hull this week who seem to be on the receiving end of some unfortunate reporting.

Cheadle Hulme and Hull remain yet to loose in Prem 3, ‘Hulme in particular will be looking for a strong season this year and a return to the 2nd division, having played two consecutive years in Prem 3 now. Although their goal difference is far outweighed by Hull Cheadle Hulme seem likely to top the division at the end of the year, having defeated their two closest rivals Liverpool and Nottingham. Hull by comparison drilled Stoke city to acquire the majority of their goals and won a close contest with Liverpool.

Lincoln made history by winning their first ever league game, beating Mersey Guild 4-3. In a master class in how to defend, or how not to attack depending on your glass/water approach to lacrosse, producing one of the lowest scores the season is likely to see.

For the record, Hull beat Liverpool 10-5, whilst Cheadle Hulme could only beat them 9-7. But lets not focus on that, hey? Hull have been in Prem 3 for 3 consecutive seasons and I would say that they are just as motivated to move up to a higher place. They finished higher than Cheadle Hulme last year and have had some good summer signings. I'm not saying that Cheadle Hulme aren't favourites, I'm just saying lets look at a few more facts rather than writing off teams that perhaps don't share as much of the limelight.

As for Lincoln. Well done on your first win in your club's first game. Thats a massive achievement and I hope you keep up the good work in getting the club up and running. Don't let the patronising comments on our sports governing bodies website get under your skin too much.
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
Waggy

Postby Waggy Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:23 am

Might be good if Hull and or Lincoln wrote an overview of the club to be fetured on the web site. Alsao small weekly match report which could then be incorporate into the bigger weekly piece, it's a difficult to put a weekly overview together so I'm sure a small report from each clubs not just those mentioned, 2 to 3 lines detailing scorers and notable performances would help.
gazmanofhull

Postby gazmanofhull Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:28 am

We write a match report every week that goes onto our club website and when possible it goes onto the thisishullandeastriding website. Didn't realise the content of the NEMLA report was down to submission from the clubs.
Chairman & LDO, Hull Lacrosse Club
YCLA Committee Member

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hull_lacrosse_club/
young_trig

Postby young_trig Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:29 am

Waggy wrote:Might be good if Hull and or Lincoln wrote an overview of the club to be fetured on the web site. Alsao small weekly match report which could then be incorporate into the bigger weekly piece, it's a difficult to put a weekly overview together so I'm sure a small report from each clubs not just those mentioned, 2 to 3 lines detailing scorers and notable performances would help.

Completely agree and was thinking the same thing myself. I don't wish to knock someone for trying to come up with weekly report, it can't be easy trying to write about something you weren't present at! I just wish that they wait for the season to pan out a bit more before they start making assumptions about the relevance of scorelines and title chances.

I think the club profile could be a great feature for the website, obviously also including SEMLA clubs. Something was started in Lacrosse Talk a few years back, it would be great to see the website incorporate this and give a bit of publicity for the clubs.

With regards to mini match reports, you're totally right. We can't complain too much if we're not prepared to help out. We can't expect the ELA to come to us for this so we need to be more proactive.
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
wildcat

Postby wildcat Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Pom is quite right. MG, you're wrong.

I had racist comments made about me on a field, thankfully over 10 years ago. I have heard in the last 5 years comments about a player, which I was disgusted with. I'm sure someone technical can be more precise, but discrimination isn't what one intends to say, but the way in which it is interpreted.

Throwaway comments are easy to make - why stick them in print on the national body's website. There have been several inappropriate comments on the website of late - the ELA needs to tidy that up.

For the record I love curry, but I don't eat it for breakfast, nor as a pregame snack.

the pom wrote:I dont expect them to be the best but to follow their own guidlines would be a good start "any form of Dicrimination"

from Ela web site

11. Equal Opportunities
It is the aim of the Association to:
ensure that all present and potential members / employees receive fair and equal treatment
provide all of its services in a way which is fair to everyone
ensure that in its relationships with its members / employees and in its provision of services not to disadvantage any individual by imposing any conditions or requirements which cannot be fully justified.
In pursuance of this policy the Association:
may take special measures / positive action for any group which is currently under represented in its membership, representative bodies or workforce taking account of the Race Relations Act (1976) and the Sex Discrimination Acts ( 1975 /1986 )
reserves the right to discipline any members /employees of the Association who practise any form of discrimination on the grounds of a person’s age, gender, disability, ethnic origin, creed, colour, social status or sexual orientation.
The Association will monitor and evaluate this policy on an on-going basis and will inform the members / employees of its impact.
whopead

Postby whopead Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:10 pm

To be fair to said reporter for the ELA he did ask for my input on the Nottingham v CHLC game. However i think my brief report was sent to late to make the article before he submitted. I will be sending a mini report from our game with Hull on sat and maybe gazmanofhull can do the same.
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
webby

Postby webby Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:46 pm

We also produce weekly match reports for our website, which are usually highly (in)accurate and are hardly ever full of cliches, metaphors, star wars references or sarcasm. And most get written within 3months of the match taking place.

Nutlax.com for lacrosse info that matters.
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:54 pm

Wildcat, I am assuming that the racism that you were subjected to was not about your breakfast!

The published comment was not racist and the ELA Equality statement is not relevant.

People who wish to be insulted will take offence at almost any comment, and such overeactions undermine the equality agenda, that I have campaigned, and on occassions literally fought, for since I was 15. So I find the devaluing of an issue that has been a very important part of my life offensive and childish.
lemon

Postby lemon Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 am

Change the record gents.... how about actually discussing the results from the weekend?
the pom

Postby the pom Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:33 am

/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17304

for results at the week end please see above topic

This is a thread about the the ELA posting insensitive or unthought out coments on its website.
Dining Room

Postby Dining Room Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:11 pm

lemon wrote:Change the record gents.... how about actually discussing the results from the weekend?

Agreed - completely boring and pointless. Just for your information - not even your proud auntie lilly reads these reports, so why not inject some humour from the writer - i am sure it's current players in our little bubble reading them at the moment. I know it's tough to take but the ELA has bigger fish to fry than providing recognition for the groundball you 'scooped' in November 2008 v's Ashton B.
I was once part of the winning Pop Lacrosse team that defeated Wigan in the 1992 Greater Manchester Youth Games.

Here's a 150 second video about how to earn more money with me

http://www.telecomplus.co.uk/biz/videodir/home.taf?exref=C58612
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:37 pm

Dining Room wrote:
lemon wrote:Change the record gents.... how about actually discussing the results from the weekend?

Agreed - completely boring and pointless. Just for your information - not even your proud auntie lilly reads these reports, so why not inject some humour from the writer - i am sure it's current players in our little bubble reading them at the moment. I know it's tough to take but the ELA has bigger fish to fry than providing recognition for the groundball you 'scooped' in November 2008 v's Ashton B.

It was 2007 and those Indian pick-ups are tricky to perform on the muddy Ashton field. I need recognition.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team

Return to “Men's”