ProLaxShop

6 Nations 08

Place for general chat, saying hello to the forums, and posting bugs and feature requests for us to take a look at

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
mdhvc

6 Nations 08

Postby mdhvc Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:22 pm

England v Wales
Ireland v Italy
Scotland v France

I reckon England, Ireland and Scotland to win.

England are on a high right now having made the world cup final (and being robbed), though injury abnd retirements could hurt the red rose bearers...
Ireland will want to prove they have something after a poor worlds, Italy have improved though.
France will be looking to get back to winning ways, though I wouldnt put it past the Scots at Murrayfield to win either. Will be match of the weekend I think.

Incidententally, can we bet on these and an overall winner??
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:27 pm

yeh ill set bets up tonight, ill use online odds.

England should never have made that final, i still strugle to believe they did, talking of being robbed, i feel robbed that i didn't get to watch a great final. And by no means am i suggesting Wales should have got anywhere near the final, they were crap and god awfull to watch also.
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
fresher309
League Mod
League Mod

Postby fresher309 Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:36 pm

Mr.Stanford wrote:yeh ill set bets up tonight, ill use online odds.

England should never have made that final, i still strugle to believe they did, talking of being robbed, i feel robbed that i didn't get to watch a great final. And by no means am i suggesting Wales should have got anywhere near the final, they were crap and god awfull to watch also.

the fijians were good though :lol: (watched them vs canada, was a cracking match)
Ex Birmingham Bulls #88
Bristol Bombers #88
Turkish.....Maybe
Lacrostitute....Definitely
mdhvc

Postby mdhvc Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:39 pm

Mr.Stanford wrote:

LOL we did ride our luck a bit. Shame it didnt hold out when we SCORED that try..... :roll:
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:19 pm

i had a quiet confidence about the game on saturday untill i saw the team list...

15 Lee Byrne (Ospreys),
14 Mark Jones (Scarlets),
13 Sonny Parker (Ospreys),
12 Gavin Henson (Ospreys),
11 Shane Williams (Ospreys),
10 James Hook (Ospreys),
9 Mike Phillips (Ospreys),
8 Ryan Jones (c) (Ospreys),
7 Martyn Williams (Cardiff Blues),
6 Jonathan Thomas (Ospreys),
5 Ian Gough (Ospreys),
4 Alun Wyn-Jones (Ospreys),
3 Duncan Jones (Ospreys),
2 Huw Bennett (Ospreys),
1 Adam Jones (Ospreys)

So Ospreys V England it is then boys.

Osprays are my team, but seriously some of the choices are mad:
D Jones
J Thomas
S Parker
L Byrne
Last edited by Mr.Stanford on Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hitchin

Sour37

Postby Sour37 Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:21 pm

I like jon thomas, but the other 3...muppets...actually the other 11 as well...muppets
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:43 pm

Sour37 wrote:I like jon thomas
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Stanford, you copied and pasted the name of 'your team' 13 times and then you still spelt it wrong. At least try.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
mdhvc

Postby mdhvc Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:45 pm

Reckon they wear the Ospreys kit to boot?

Forget the Red and White.....
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:50 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote:
Sour37 wrote:I like jon thomas
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Stanford, you copied and pasted the name of 'your team' 13 times and then you still spelt it wrong. At least try.

It wouldn't be a post from me unless something was spelt wrong! Thats how you can tell if someone else has hi-jacked my profile.
Hitchin

pezmouse_13

Postby pezmouse_13 Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:48 pm

is dwayne peel not fit or sumin?? this line up is on the way to an ass kickin
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:01 pm

pezmouse_13 wrote:is dwayne peel not fit or sumin?? this line up is on the way to an ass kickin

injury :(
Hitchin

Tom_Southampton

Postby Tom_Southampton Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:59 pm

fresher309 wrote:the fijians were good though :lol: (watched them vs canada, was a cracking match)

given that they don't play test level rugby nearly as often as the 6-nations and tri nations they do fantastically (as do the pumas) my uncle hosts the fijian teams when they're in england (mostly 7s) and they're a cracking bunch of guys
Southampton Uni #35 2003-2008
Southampton Sabres #35 2008-----
South Unis #6 (once)
P.Pexton

Postby P.Pexton Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:08 pm

I think this years competition will be a good one, there's no country who will obviously dominate. It's wide open. Yeah England may be on a role but they've lost a few big names, especially leaders like corry and laurence! The Irish will definitely be up for an upset. And the welsh, well you never know with them (they lose every game, then beat the unbeaten team in the final game!!??) The italians are getting much better now as well. Bookies could win a fair bit of money on this one!
pezmouse_13

Postby pezmouse_13 Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:37 am

italiens have improved loads in recent yrs. to b honest i dont hav very high hopes for our international ospreys team. i think france will run away with it if they perform then 2nd between ireland and england.
blues24ianb

Postby blues24ianb Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:02 pm

Phil - you appear to have forgotten Scotland - going so well the only guy to kick every shot at the posts in the Rugby World Cup is on the bench but you don't mention them.

My concerns with the Irish is that they definitely under achieved at the RWC - they are getting older and there appears to be nothing coming behind them in any depth.

Welsh - Shaun Edwards - best defensive coach in world rugby -too little time to develop this team therefore desperation of playing Osprey Utd - not sure I'd want to back them to do too well.

England - many established players gone and some interesting new faces but not brave enough to say thanks Jonny but keep the bench warm and I might bring you on.

Italy - well got the idiot French man coaching them - remember he went to hooker at line outs and the hooker went to scrum half - pretty obvious chanels ran from there didn't they. Should have stayed with the flying Kiwi JK. Think the growth is faltering as shown in Italian club performances in the European Competitions this year.

That leaves France - many peoples favorites for the competition - changed a few personnel since the RWC but pretty much an established side. But then they are French.

Okay - I am going to stick my neck out - Scotland to finish in the top three. Probally England and France in the mix.

This weekends results

Ireland 28 Italy 6
England 21 Wales 5
Scotland 15 France 18
Ian Ballantine
SEMLA - Team Manager
laxwill11
League Mod
League Mod

Postby laxwill11 Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:36 pm

WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES!
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...
fresher309
League Mod
League Mod

Postby fresher309 Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:50 pm

laxwill11 wrote:WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES! WALES!

what can i say, never seen an international team implode like that....didn't help that 4 key players got injured resulting in a lock at #8! bugger
Ex Birmingham Bulls #88

Bristol Bombers #88

Turkish.....Maybe

Lacrostitute....Definitely
Mat P

Postby Mat P Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:58 am

Get in the boys, huge second half to take it.

Sure me and Toby were really popular at the Clockhouse (Blues club) when the Phillips try was given! :lol:
mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:10 pm

can't even beat a club side!

At half time I thought we were pretty much dead and buried, but fair play a massive effort second half
ahhh ... the whit
pezmouse_13

Postby pezmouse_13 Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:50 pm

GET IN WALES COME OOOOOOOOOON!!! SO PROUD OF BEIN WELSH RITE NOW AND BEIN UP IN MANCHESTER JUS TOPPED IT OFF!! IN UR FACE

Return to “General Chat”