ProLaxShop

Congratulations ELA

Place for general chat, saying hello to the forums, and posting bugs and feature requests for us to take a look at

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
UKLacrosse

Re: Congratulations ELA

Postby UKLacrosse Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:28 pm

I believe the biggest problem that we face in lacrosse is the apathy amongst the larger population of the game. Just take the restructuring of the NEMLA leagues (may it RIP), where changes were pushed through without the vast majority of players ever bothering to have any input. So you end up with decisions, made by a few, but affecting the majority. Git has endlessly (am I supporting him here?) pleaded for input and involvement, but it barely materialises. I believe that this apathy is based upon the view that the governing body has been too distant, for too long, and run by the same 'old' people, making decisions ... and they will continue to do so regardless. Maybe, we will see a seed change, with university players getting more involved, questioning what has gone on before. However, that might well result in changes against the interests of those who have been in the game longer ... so they need to wake up to that fact.
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
www.uklacrosse.com
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 pm

You complain that people have a misconception but criticize them for asking questions.

I am sorry should we never criticize the management/authorities and just assume they are correct an know what’s best for us?

Lol, you are saying that I said something, but if you took the time to read what I said properly you might realise that you are wrong. If you want to take offence at what I say feel free, but don't misrepresent what I say.

The truth is if you put more time into engaging with the issues instead of whinging about them you might see some improvement.

And just to add, it is ironic that when I believe the only way that things will change for the better in the North is through the introduction of fresh thought and active members from clubs such as Liverpool, Newcastle, Lincoln etc that you should fall back on to that sort of half cocked response.
Becca B

Postby Becca B Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:22 pm

A little bit late perhaps but is having permanent premiership status for 3 clubs really a good thing?

Return to “General Chat”