ProLaxShop

Congratulations ELA

Place for general chat, saying hello to the forums, and posting bugs and feature requests for us to take a look at

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Blind Zebra

Congratulations ELA

Postby Blind Zebra Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Have you seen that Sport England's comments are very positive about lacrosse. Funding of £3.4 million granted when major sports like rugby are being cut. And we're not an Olympic sport so not a good year PRwise. Great effort by the ELA team!

BeeZee.
In glorious Black & White at a pitch near you.
Moaning Git

Re: Congratulations ELA

Postby Moaning Git Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Hear hear. The team dealing with Sport England have done a magnificent job, as have the Into Lacrosse team!
WacsDad

Postby WacsDad Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Have you seen that Sport England's comments are very positive about lacrosse. Funding of £3.4 million granted when major sports like rugby are being cut. And we're not an Olympic sport so not a good year PRwise. Great effort by the ELA team!

BeeZee.

Yes well done ELA - represents a healthy increase from £2.4m (2009-13) to £3.4m (2013-17).

Summary here...

http://www.sportengland.org/funding/ngb ... 13-17.aspx

John
the pom

Postby the pom Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:59 pm

I wonder what they will spend it on?
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
Blind Zebra

Postby Blind Zebra Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:10 pm

The plan that they submitted to Sport England.

Sport England audit where the money goes!

Or a BIG party?

BeeZee.
In glorious Black & White at a pitch near you.
young_trig

Postby young_trig Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:26 pm

the pom wrote:I wonder what they will spend it on?

Apparently Pom, the ELA 10 Yr plan has a whole section dedicated to trying to cheer you up!
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
young_trig

Postby young_trig Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Well done ELA. Lets hope that Mark Coups makes good use of it
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
the pom

Postby the pom Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:47 pm

young_trig wrote:

Apparently Pom, the ELA 10 Yr plan has a whole section dedicated to trying to cheer you up!

Trig

this is great news but again miss guided I will always winge and moan so the money would be much better spent on developing new clubs and helping to maintain the ones we have got.

But joking aside is the plan submitted to sport England available to the public or registered members of the ELA
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
Ash

Postby Ash Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Insurance?

haha only joking.

3.4million is good work especially compared to comparable sports. Its quite interesting reading the write ups on thing such as handball which dont even have a formal structure.
Reading Wildcats (#13) 2010 - Present
Southampton City (#13) 2008-2010
Reading Wildcats 2007-2008
Southampton University (#13) Pre - 2007
oldman

Postby oldman Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:17 pm

the pom wrote:But joking aside is the plan submitted to sport England available to the public or registered members of the ELA

Pom, Do you mean this 10 year plan on the ELA website? http://www.englishlacrosse.co.uk/english-lacrosse-ngb/resources-funding/library/english-lacrosse-10-year-strategy/

I think the team at HQ and all those (clubs, volunteers, et al) involved in what is a great effort. It is worth noting we have specific funding for an elite programme for the first time too.
Kent Lacrosse Development Association
Cranbrook Lacrosse Club
Maidstone Lacrosse Club
the pom

Postby the pom Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:45 pm

yep looks good do you know if they have more details on the programs mentioned such as "National Club Expansion Programme"
Dining Room

Postby Dining Room Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:57 pm

the pom wrote:yep looks good do you know if they have more details on the programs mentioned such as "National Club Expansion Programme"

They've earmarked £100,000 for coaching in Heaton Mersey and surrounding schools, 4x LDO's, a new mini-bus, permanent Premiership Top 3 status (irrelevant of any new clubs that get good), some new shirts, a weekly meeting with an ELA development rep and a big hug for the committee members of 100+ year old clubs who still rant that people get paid a salary for unearthing £m's of Government funding that doesn;t qualify to fund their Manchester-based Clubs.

In return The Pom will have a collection for the South Devon Lacrosse Association for some old balls and broken sticks as that's all you need when you can't catch and throw anyway. :wink:
I was once part of the winning Pop Lacrosse team that defeated Wigan in the 1992 Greater Manchester Youth Games.

Here's a 150 second video about how to earn more money with me

http://www.telecomplus.co.uk/biz/videodir/home.taf?exref=C58612
wimmerlax

Postby wimmerlax Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Oooh free hug! might get my transfer form in now, beat the rush!
admin
Admin
Admin

Postby admin Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Would be great if the ELA started to support the forums again. The support originally received was a great help and then it just got cut....

Maybe when the new site goes live for LaxForums we will have a better chance. Perhaps a petition to get them to support the growth and expansion might work?

Well done to the ELA anyway for securing the funds!
young_trig

Postby young_trig Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:30 pm

admin wrote:Would be great if the ELA started to support the forums again. The support originally received was a great help and then it just got cut....

Maybe when the new site goes live for LaxForums we will have a better chance. Perhaps a petition to get them to support the growth and expansion might work?

New site for LaxForums?
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
admin
Admin
Admin

Postby admin Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:38 pm

young_trig wrote:
admin wrote:Would be great if the ELA started to support the forums again. The support originally received was a great help and then it just got cut....

New site for LaxForums?

Yes - mods will have visibility soon - just taking ages to configure and move over to new servers and then testing... Ideally new year but think we might be into Jan before we go live....
LivTeamJones26

Postby LivTeamJones26 Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 pm

the pom wrote:yep looks good do you know if they have more details on the programs mentioned such as "National Club Expansion Programme"

Not often I agree with the pom but he does have a point here. I've always felt that the 10 year strategy is a lovely mission statement but there is actually very little information on what programs do what and how they are being run? INTO lacrosse is the only thing i've seen and it can't be an all covering programme of work. What is being done to improve the following:

Key Organisational Actions

To increase the number of people playing the game more often by:

• Continuine to extend the robust and wide ranging community club network working to
develop new players.
• Developing a robust and extensive recreational playing network.

To increase the number of volunteers, coaches and officials providing a better standard to all
participants by:

• Providing support and training for volunteers at all levels of the game.
• Increasing the number of coaches and officials being qualified and active at all nationally
recognised levels.
• Ensuring deployment through the “right person, right place, right time” strategy.
• Developing the world’s best coaches capable of producing world class players and
championship winning teams.
• Developing the world’s best officials capable of officiating at world class level.

All very nice sentiments but lacking a bit in the how we'll do it, measuring, milestones and evaluating department IMO.......
Liverpool Lacrosse #5
Liverpool Lacrosse Fixtures Sec 2012-13
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 am

• Continuine to extend the robust and wide ranging community club network working to
develop new players.

To increase the number of volunteers, coaches and officials providing a better standard to all
participants by:
• Increasing the number of coaches and officials being qualified and active at all nationally
recognised levels.
• Ensuring deployment through the “right person, right place, right time” strategy.
• Developing the world’s best coaches capable of producing world class players and
• Developing the world’s best officials capable of officiating at world class level.

All very nice sentiments but lacking a bit in the how we'll do it, measuring, milestones and evaluating department IMO.......

Not at all, the structure to meet all these objectives has been in place for years, and some parts of that structure are working hard to achieve these goals.

The problems are, first the misconception maintained by Pom for example that the "ELA" consists of the HO and salaried staff, instead of the whole organisation from top to bottom. And second that particularly in the North the parts of the structure that should be delivering the areas of the strategy that Pom and yourself are probably most interested in, club development support and maintenance, have become moribund, and in the case of NEMLA work to constitutions that specifically omit these roles from their responsibilities. The MPC will seek to support through funding and other resources projects that meet the requirements of the development strategy, unfortunately particularly in the North of England such projects are very few and far between and are lacking any central coordination. Until clubs wake up to this and change the structure and organisational priorities of their league and territorial structures this situation will not change, so Liverpool as a club should start to agitate for these changes now. The funding received from Sport England is based on growth and innovation, and until plans for one and sparks of the other star to emerge do not expect to see additional funding heading the way of the North West, where there is not even a coordinated approach to provide exit routes from universities in the region.
the pom

Postby the pom Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Dining Room wrote:

They've earmarked £100,000 for coaching in Heaton Mersey and surrounding schools, 4x LDO's, a new mini-bus, permanent Premiership Top 3 status (irrelevant of any new clubs that get good), some new shirts, a weekly meeting with an ELA development rep and a big hug for the committee members of 100+ year old clubs who still rant that people get paid a salary for unearthing £m's of Government funding that doesn;t qualify to fund their Manchester-based Clubs.

In return The Pom will have a collection for the South Devon Lacrosse Association for some old balls and broken sticks as that's all you need when you can't catch and throw anyway. :wink:

good so they are planning to help Heaton Mersey guild then that is positive

the club I play for is located in Heaton moor.

and yes I have some old kit I will let Devon have was going to give it to Heaton Mersey kids but as they are in the M60 it has been decided they are far to privileged in terms of lacrosse so we could take it off them.
the pom

Postby the pom Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Moaning Git wrote:

develop new players.

participants by:
recognised levels.

Not at all, the structure to meet all these objectives has been in place for years, and some parts of that structure are working hard to achieve these goals.

The problems are, first the misconception maintained by Pom for example that the "ELA" consists of the HO and salaried staff, instead of the whole organisation from top to bottom. And second that particularly in the North the parts of the structure that should be delivering the areas of the strategy that Pom and yourself are probably most interested in, club development support and maintenance, have become moribund, and in the case of NEMLA work to constitutions that specifically omit these roles from their responsibilities. The MPC will seek to support through funding and other resources projects that meet the requirements of the development strategy, unfortunately particularly in the North of England such projects are very few and far between and are lacking any central coordination. Until clubs wake up to this and change the structure and organisational priorities of their league and territorial structures this situation will not change, so Liverpool as a club should start to agitate for these changes now. The funding received from Sport England is based on growth and innovation, and until plans for one and sparks of the other star to emerge do not expect to see additional funding heading the way of the North West, where there is not even a coordinated approach to provide exit routes from universities in the region.

Mr git all I have asked is how 3.4million is going to be spent.

I was shown to a generic plan more of a mission statement(vaugue) which then references other plans which may have more detail

I have asked if these are available specifically one that I have an interest in

You complain that people have a misconception but criticize them for asking questions.

I am sorry should we never criticize the management/authorities and just assume they are correct an know what’s best for us?

Return to “General Chat”