ProLaxShop

US Lacrosse Coaching Convention 2011

Place for general chat, saying hello to the forums, and posting bugs and feature requests for us to take a look at

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
UKLaxfan

US Lacrosse Coaching Convention 2011

Postby UKLaxfan Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:22 am

For any Coaches who want to learn more about the game or for players who want to learn about the game at the highest level.

I would highly recommend attending this convention
- There is a Lacrosse Retail Village as part of the convention with every Lax related manufacturer you can think of
- There are Coaches Seminars on the Saturday & Sunday am on all aspects of the game
- There are approximately 5,000 Lacrosse enthusiasts on site
- There are demonstrations and clinics most likely from 2010 World Champs Team USA
- Men's & Women's Lacrosse Conventions take place same time at same venue
- There are clinics for Youth, High School & College Level Coaches
- It's fun :D

http://www.uslacrosse.org/2011convention
http://www.laxmagazine.com/community/co ... convention

It's not cheap although registration for the Convention itself is
- Must be US Lacrosse Member (includes subscription to US Lacrosse Magazine)
- Travel and accommodation are main costs
- it's worth every dollar

I've attended two one in Baltimore, Holiday Inn (Crowne Plaza) & one in Philly Marriott Hotel in Downtown Philadelphia

You can also purchase online content from previous US Lacrosse Conventions at
http://www.prolibraries.com/uslacrosse/
oldman

Re: US Lacrosse Coaching Convention 2011

Postby oldman Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:18 pm

I was seriously looking at going next year, and got as far as trying to join US lacrosse via its website. I gave up several hours later and still not a member of US Lacrosse. Sadly even the "special" international sign up form really doesn't recognise any place outside mainland USA.

Try filling in your phone number. It has to be in a US format xxx-xxx-xxxx which doesn't suit most UK numbers, and you can't proceed with out a properly formatted number in the box. Moving on, say you are an official, a qualified referee/umpire, and again your application is blocked because you aren't registered with a region (or something like that), So go back pretend you aren't an official and you can get through.

So now you are getting to a point where you are registered, they haven't got an accurate phone number for you, they don't know your interests or qualification, and then the software inverts your address into gibberish.

I facebooked a comment suggesting I was less than impressed with the process and got a very rapid response from USlacrosse. Good response I thought and replied saying yes I was interested, despite the problems, where do we go from here....I haven't heard anything since.

I'd still quite like to go, but not sure if I can face attempting to book it.
Kent Lacrosse Development Association
Cranbrook Lacrosse Club
Maidstone Lacrosse Club
Waggy

Re: US Lacrosse Coaching Convention 2011

Postby Waggy Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:44 am

just email US Lacrosse, they are fine and helpful, I've attended the convention 6 times, the main problem is finding time to eat between seminars, you end up covering miles running to catch them all.

Return to “General Chat”