ProLaxShop

LSM stick heads

Advice for all the Defenders? Tips from the coaches. Advice from players.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Planolaxkid28

LSM stick heads

Postby Planolaxkid28 Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:02 pm

I play LSM...and currently on my pole I have a triton head with some really old hard mesh(that feel like soft mesh now)...I also have a STX Primer head. I have been thinking of getting some new hard mesh and putting it in the Primer head. I bought the primer a year ago and never really did anything with it so I dont really know if its good for passing,GB's or checks. Should i buy new hard mesh and put it in the triton or primer???

thanks
kjk20

Postby kjk20 Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:12 pm

Nice to see someone from Texas on here, greetings from London, though my parents live in Dallas.

As for the Triton or the Primer, which one do you prefer to play with? Obviously you'd want something that has a stiff sidewall and scoop and is good on the ground ball. As for the mest, why not give a new string job to both heads and use the other as a back up?

Get yourself down to Not Just Soccer sports on Preston Road in Dallas (there's one in Plano too!) and they should be able to answer your questions for you. I think you can get them to string your head too, they've got tons of stringing equipment.

http://www.gameon24-7.com
Hillcroft
Bathletes
Ex Bath Uni
Ex Bath
Mr. Chainsaw

Postby Mr. Chainsaw Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:58 pm

They just re-issued the Brine Edge... This is the ONLY head I would ever use in my senior year of High School and all of college. I just used the new one in its first game on saturday and it scoops and throws like a dream... however maybe its just that I have not played a game for 10 years but I feel like its pretty flimsy based on what it used to be, however its much sturdier than any of the other newer heads I have played with recently. Good luck and hope that helps.
CelticLaxer

Re: LSM stick heads

Postby CelticLaxer Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:48 am

Having played quite a bit of LSM, the Triton is my favorite. Better suited for a speed and finesse player, rather than a heavy hitter, as it will soften somewhat over time. Otherwise, for ground balls, clearing passes, and ball retention while dodging, I find the Triton hard to beat.

Warrior Vice and Emperor would be worth checking out.
Blackwell32

Postby Blackwell32 Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:00 am

Torque
the pom

Postby the pom Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:45 pm

get a gospel
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
UKLacrosse

Postby UKLacrosse Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:20 pm

the pom wrote:get a gospel

Sounds like a song.
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
www.uklacrosse.com

Return to “Defence Tips”