ProLaxShop

Wrap check

Advice for all the Defenders? Tips from the coaches. Advice from players.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
mad_raccoon_lax

Wrap check

Postby mad_raccoon_lax Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:00 pm

The best check in the world is the wrap check (if executed perfectly) except it's both underused and underrated. defenders! Learn the wrap check and your dreams of the world's best defender will be all that nearer. please email back with checks you think to be amazing.
P.Pexton

Postby P.Pexton Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:42 pm

On the link that Mr. Stanford posted, the "ding dong" check is clearly the best check out there! Very much underused, especially in our league, as I think it's a great "get out of jail free card" and also looks wicked and the name is just so fricking cool!!! Haha
mjodonne

Postby mjodonne Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:45 pm

i dont mind the wrap check...i think that most people use it at the wrong time

id say 90% of all wrap checks come when someone is getting beat top side, and the wrap check goes around the back as the defender is trailing...this is the worst possible time to do it because to do the wrap check right, u have to step towards the wrap, further away from the guy running.

the best time for a wrap check is when someone is dodge from a corner, and u want to turn the man back to GLE
Lewis

Postby Lewis Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:45 am

Wrap check on their turn or Body them out the throw a wrap.

Most wraps are used when someone is going for last minute glory after being beat. Wrap checks are cool because they usually lead to Windmills, which make you look sick lol
Lewis Arnold
Walcountian Blues #99
Portsmouth Uni. #70
D-Unit
Harry Collins

Postby Harry Collins Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:15 am

In a single cameo appearance for Hull against Liverpool in D5 last year, I executed an awesome wrap check from face, completely stripped the guy and was given a two minute penalty and informed wraps were illegal in D5.

No-one had told me, and since then, I've not met anyone from any other teams that think wraps are illegal. Anyone care to ellaborate?
Hillcroft #41
Viking lax #14
Ex-Brooklands #14
Ex-York #14

Return to “Defence Tips”