ProLaxShop

U14 goalie stick

for all the Goalies? Tips from the coaches. Advice from players.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
bambi senior

U14 goalie stick

Postby bambi senior Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:30 pm

Would someone please advise on a good goalie stick for UK school U14 and onwards play. I've been looking at STX Eclipse, STX Guardian or De Beer Sentinel, any pros or cons for those?
Thanks.
Wezalmighty

Postby Wezalmighty Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:54 am

The top 2 'battle proven' sticks out there at the moment are the STX eclipse or the Warrior nemesis. I don't think you could go wrong with either.
Not really sure about any of the others. I have a guardian and its not too bad either
Wez Morris
#40 Portsmouth Uni
kayftara

Goal stick

Postby kayftara Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:15 am

If you want a stick to keep you going through adult play and at a high level go for the top end heads. They have been mentioned; Nemesis, eclipse , Sentinal are all good, but if you have the budget go for a high strength, lightweight handle , like the 803 Ice or krypto. In the womens game you will not need titanium. Be careful with the length of the handle. Standard goalie lenght is 40", they that may be too long for a schoolgirl .

On stringing, soft or hard mesh may suit, but most adult players choose hard mesh or wide hole.

Really, you need to try them out for feel and balance.

www.zenithsports.com
bambi senior

Postby bambi senior Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:56 pm

Thank you both, your replies have been most helpful :D . Good point about the length, think we will go shorter for the time being.
UKLacrosse

Postby UKLacrosse Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:30 pm

The Warrior Nemesis is not approved by the IFWLA for women's lacrosse. The only Warrior goalie head available under IFWLA rules is the ODB..... approved in July/ August and now available.
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
www.uklacrosse.com
Wezalmighty

Postby Wezalmighty Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:37 pm

Why does the Nemesis not meet IFWLA requirements?
Wez Morris
#40 Portsmouth Uni
CelticLaxer

Postby CelticLaxer Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:07 pm

The STX goalie heads are a bit harder to get cradling & dodging down. The Sentinel is a better for all-around utility, but in the long run the STX heads are the easiest to pass well with.
UKLacrosse

Postby UKLacrosse Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:51 am

Wezalmighty wrote:Why does the Nemesis not meet IFWLA requirements?

The Warrior Nemesis does not meet the IFWLA specified rules and Warrior would have needed to redesign the mould specifically for the women's game. I believe it may not meet the requirements in respect of the sidewalls. As such the Nemesis has been/ still is a very successful goalie head and they chose not to alter it.

They have a new goalie head the ODB which was launched in the UK in early September prior to its launch this month in the US. It has been tested and approved by the IFWLA.
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel

Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel

www.uklacrosse.com
Eddie (wacs)

Postby Eddie (wacs) Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:33 pm

I would use the eclips. dont use the guardian because apparently it snaps easy. watch out for the size of shaft aswell

Return to “Goalie Tips”