ProLaxShop

Im looking for a new goalie head

for all the Goalies? Tips from the coaches. Advice from players.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Wolfey1313

Im looking for a new goalie head

Postby Wolfey1313 Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:12 am

ok so I feel now I have changed my stance and after some great advice from Odie I have decided to change my head. I have a nemesis and find it a little too heavy for my taste with my titan pro shaft. So im looking for a head I can string with monster mesh (as its the best mesh) and will fit on my shaft and is an all round nice head. I also have an abyss by warrior and dont really like it that much. So from all that does anyone have any suggestions?
Swansea Hawks Goalie

Number *17*
G-DoGg

Postby G-DoGg Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:59 am

definitely the STX eclipse. It ROCKS!!!!! :D :D :D
Women cum and they go, Lacrosse is there forever!!! ROCK ON
UWIC #23
SLL #19
CARDIFF CLUB #23
CARDIFF HARLEQUINS #23
Rian

Postby Rian Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:35 pm

I think you'll do well with the Money. I'm getting one for the return-leg of the season, as my Brine Zone is well and truly battered!
HLC Munich #??
Ex-Bristol Bombers #1
Ex-Bristol Sharks #23
Flamin' Galahs #23
-------------------------------------------------------
'Trust me...I'm a Lawyer'
mully

Postby mully Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:11 pm

I go with the Eclipse as well, its a good chunk lighter than the nemesis, and the holes are all in the right place for wide mesh.
CelticLaxer

Depends what you're looking for

Postby CelticLaxer Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:58 am

Pick the head based on what you're looking for:

Help throwing- STX Exclipse & Guardian are the easiest to string up for great passing. They do tend to be the toughest to cradle & dodge with though.

Help cradling/dodging- the offset on the Brine goalie heads (Xtreme, Money, & Eraser) makes them more ideal for ball handling, but toughest to string up well for passing

Happy mediums- The design of the Gait Sentinel & Warrior Nemesis make the happy mediums between throwing & ball-handling abilities. If you want some offset, go Nemesis. If you want no offset, go Sentinel. Other major difference is shape (round Nemesis vs. triangular Sentinel).

Avoid- Brine Zone (heavy, flimsy), STX Goalmaster (flimsy crap), Warrior Snatch (knockoff of the crappy Goalmaster), Warrior Abyss (heavy), Gait Web (very heavy)
CGKer

Postby CGKer Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:36 pm

Stick (ha ha) with the Nemesis and get rid of you clunky, heavy Titan Pro. And replace with Lightweight shaft like Dolomite or KrptoPro.

I use a Nemesis with a Dolomite Shaft. Eclipse is good though. Forget the others.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Seriously, Badgers make better tube drivers than Moles. Ask one.
EGLC #19
G&J #60
cjlax

Postby cjlax Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:38 pm

I've got Eclipse and Guardians brand new and never used, I'll sell them VERY CHEAP too, so if anyone needs one let me know!

I've also got an STX TI goalie and an 2007 STX Axe!

PM me.
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:40 pm

As Theodore Roosevelt said "If you speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far"

There is a new Box lacrosse goalie stick out.

CGKer

Postby CGKer Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:55 am

Where do I get one of those? The worden ones are banned in international competition.
That wooden one looks small compared to one I've seen!!
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Seriously, Badgers make better tube drivers than Moles. Ask one.

EGLC #19

G&J #60
CelticLaxer

Postby CelticLaxer Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:49 am

A few new heads are out that look really good. Harrow's 1-piece goalie stick is good, but it might be too stiff to hold up against crank shots.

Warrior's new ODB head is really all the best parts of the Big Nasty, minus those god-awful wings. Throw it on an STX 2-degree offset head & it should be outstanding.

Return to “Goalie Tips”