ProLaxShop

Leg Pads

for all the Goalies? Tips from the coaches. Advice from players.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Wolfey1313

Postby Wolfey1313 Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:21 pm

Im finding the more i play the less i wear
I recently took off my arm guards even though straight away i got smashed with a stick when i went for a ball it was all good :evil:
now all i have is chest plate, box, helmet and gloves where as when i started the season i had shin pads, goalie shorts, arm guards and rib pads.
Swansea Hawks Goalie

Number *17*
Hector

Postby Hector Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:59 pm

In responce to Rian
"I was just wondering what the correct technique for take-outs are, if I actually have to use it?"

The best opotunity is when they are watching the ball running towards the goal if you read it right you can catch them just as they catch it! Try not to run to fast, I am quitee a big lad of 15 stone i always try to hit them in the chest and just under the helmet with the top of my shoulder and keep your head up dont drop your head and Spear them as you can injure yourself more!!

And try to picture the numbers on the back of him and hit throu him.

I must admit i have had the pleasure of some very nice hits this season two in the last two weeks! One in Nottingham where i belive the lad was concussed and one on Sat when we beat boardman in the Lancashire cup great win for WACS A team.
"24 Hours in a Day 24 Beers in a case Coincidence....!"
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:50 pm

I think you got sent off for that one on Saturday if I remember correctly? Glad you take great pleasure in injuring our players illegally though. Not that much illegal stuff was given. I suppose you were within your rights to assume that you could get away with anything after seeing a lot of the stuff that just wasn't getting called.

Don't get me wrong, your attack ran us ragged and you were good value for the victory (even with a relatively ineffective England captain).

Just that I've seen more illegal calls in a boxing match.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
Hector

Postby Hector Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:05 pm

With out going into detail but i was pulled on unnecessary roughness
and if the player was about to catch the ball in front of goal three yards from the crease then i think it would be very necessary to take him out!

Yes it was a tough game but we played hard and fair and there was some very good hits by both teams!

But going back to the hit there was no reaction from anyone on the pitch and i am sure your lads would of been proud of such a well exsecuted takeout.

:P
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:34 pm

No complaints from our team because for once one of your players was called up for an illegal hit. What's the point of complaining when they have given the foul.

I am still nursing (apart from the broken rib) a severe gash to the neck that can't have been too far from the jugular. Amazingly this zorro-esque poke check was not seen by the ref standing five yards away.

Overly-physical game poorly controlled by two very weak referees.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:41 am

Unnecessary roughness is nothing to do with the actual need to take out a player who is in a threatening playing position. It is all to do with the safety of other players.
Hector

Postby Hector Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:12 pm

I couldnt agree more but i have always been told in what ever sport i play, to give it 100% because if you dont you come out worse off.
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:55 pm

Maybe I'll go and maim someone this weekend then come on here to brag about it. It'll be OK cos it's 100%
Did I mention we have Wacs this weekend? Oh, actually I won't be playing because if the gash on my neck doesn't keep me out then the broken rib as inflicted by one of your players will. No doubt he was running around Didsbury giving hi-fives after that one.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

cheekylaxstuff

Postby cheekylaxstuff Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:14 pm

Could intentionally injuring to a opponent result in a civil case
Especially if been admitted on a forum such as this?

Remember people have to make a living.

I think a bloody good BOO also works
Jewellery,Wooden Shafts,Lacrosse Antiques,Lax Art * Random kit
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:10 pm

Where there's blame...
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

cjlax

Postby cjlax Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:20 pm

simply... yes.
cjlax

Postby cjlax Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:25 pm

Firstly you would sue for assault and battery, for a criminal charge, and then you would also sue for trespass to the person for the $$$. This applies even in sports when concent is given for a level of physical contact.
vipe

Postby vipe Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:58 pm

I remember when i used play football back home, we were told we couldnt sue if it was like a tackle but we could if it was a fight...
Last edited by vipe on Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:22 pm

Wow. Thanks for the advice. And there I was off to maim someone. Thank god for the forums once again.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

Dining Room

Postby Dining Room Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:09 pm

Wolfey1313 wrote:Im finding the more i play the less i wear

Strip lacrosse - interesting!
Wolfey1313

Postby Wolfey1313 Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:11 pm

Yes and with my finaly toned body of pure muscle (ok im not even close there) im sure to be a hit with all the ladies :wink:
Swansea Hawks Goalie

Number *17*
mully

Lady goalie

Postby mully Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:35 pm

well,here u are, I'm the lady goalie (who also plays in Men's and mixed) who doesn't wear much... :wink:
helmet, gloves, chest pad, that's all (I wonder why they don't make lady's version of a box as oppose to those padded shorts thing)
UKLacrosse

Postby UKLacrosse Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:03 pm

Mully, the nearest may be the hockey short with pelvic protector made by Shock Doctor in the USA. You can go on www.shocdoc.com.
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
www.uklacrosse.com
Wolfey1313

Postby Wolfey1313 Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:18 pm

Correction they do. I used one for ages its like a very uncomfortable thing to wear for a guy but for a gal its awsome. I dont know what sport its from though..... our womens captain wears it to play I think.
Swansea Hawks Goalie

Number *17*
mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:03 am

wolfey i dread to think why you would know what its like for a girl to wear one - post op now is it?

good to see you shedding the pads too - bound to make a better keeper

though i think i took this a stage too far the other week in the hampstead game when i forgot my box so went in with just lid, plate and gloves :shock: fortunately it was only one of their d-poles who noticed and then not until the 4th

Return to “Goalie Tips”