ProLaxShop

CPro 7 Throat Guard

for all the Goalies? Tips from the coaches. Advice from players.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
KebabLax05

CPro 7 Throat Guard

Postby KebabLax05 Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Elementary question I know however i've been out the loop regarding new equipment for some time, just wear what i get given.

anyway.... I traded my helmet (new warrior concussion bucket - NOT recommended for goalie use!) for a spanking new CPro7 without a throat guard.

Does the CPro 7 take the same throat guard as the CPro and the CPX model or has there been a new one developed to fit the CPro7?

If it is the same who knows where I can get a new clear throat guard from UK based preferably?

Many Thanks
webby

Re: CPro 7 Throat Guard

Postby webby Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:35 pm

Yea they're the same. Quick google tells me the model number is TPC2. Can buy them from Prolaxshop http://www.prolaxshop.com/product_info. ... ts_id=2206. Not sure who you can get Cascade stuff from in the UK - Hattersleys maybe? Peak sports?

Is the Trojan not so great for goalies then Gaz? We were thinking about getting two for club use as they're reasonably priced and one-size-fits-all, but will avoid them if they're rubbish.

Did you manage a trade for a Dutch Pro7? :wink:
Sheffield University 2005-2008
Northumbria University 2008-2011
Newcastle upon Tyne 2008-Present
http://www.nutlax.com
plainnash

Postby plainnash Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:37 pm

My Trojan arrived yesterday, I've not played in goal with it yet, but can you tell me why it's not good for goalies please?
Cheers.
Dave Nash
University of Birmingham and Birmingham City - No. 88
Wales U19/U21 2011-12 - No. 2
laxboy

Postby laxboy Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 am

When the ball hits u in the head it hurts!!!Thats why the trojan is pants!!! Stick to cascade!!
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:01 am

KebabLax05 wrote:Elementary question I know however i've been out the loop regarding new equipment for some time, just wear what i get given.

anyway.... I traded my helmet (new warrior concussion bucket - NOT recommended for goalie use!) for a spanking new CPro7 without a throat guard.

Does the CPro 7 take the same throat guard as the CPro and the CPX model or has there been a new one developed to fit the CPro7?

If it is the same who knows where I can get a new clear throat guard from UK based preferably?

Many Thanks

What's wrong with the dingler dangler that you were wearing on Tuesday?
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
KebabLax05

Postby KebabLax05 Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:09 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote:
KebabLax05 wrote:Elementary question I know however i've been out the loop regarding new equipment for some time, just wear what i get given.

Many Thanks

What's wrong with the dingler dangler that you were wearing on Tuesday?

Dont trust strings to save my throat, even though its lovely to look at :wink:

webby wrote:Yea they're the same. Quick google tells me the model number is TPC2. Can buy them from Prolaxshop http://www.prolaxshop.com/product_info. ... ts_id=2206. Not sure who you can get Cascade stuff from in the UK - Hattersleys maybe? Peak sports?

Is the Trojan not so great for goalies then Gaz? We were thinking about getting two for club use as they're reasonably priced and one-size-fits-all, but will avoid them if they're rubbish.

Did you manage a trade for a Dutch Pro7? :wink:

Cheers Mr Webb,

Not rubbish at all, but think your money would be better invested in a cascade - from my experience. The outfield lads had no problems, comfy and good vision, however us three goalies we concerned after taking a shot to the helmet as we would consistently be in pain.

I know Cascades have never let me down.

Hope this helps to answer 'plainnash' as well.
weenstar14

Postby weenstar14 Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Gaz, us outfield players although not taking shots in the facemask suffered from the helmets as well, a couple of concussions and sticks/balls under the chin piece for a few people i think.
plainnash

Postby plainnash Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Right... Anyone fancy swapping a Trojan for a Cascade lid then? :?

I'll risk it for a while in goal, see how it goes. If I die, I've had a good life.
Dave Nash
University of Birmingham and Birmingham City - No. 88
Wales U19/U21 2011-12 - No. 2
Livlax

Postby Livlax Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:05 pm

i took a couple of cross checks to the face in our first few games against slovakia and austria games, they weren't huge but the trojan did little to help my head or my jaw which was still hurting/clicking a week after the tournament.

been hit in the face etc plenty of times with my Pro 7 on and never had any problems

Return to “Goalie Tips”