Play for a mixed team? Post In here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
chippie

5/2/06 mixed games

Postby chippie Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:18 am

Aston v Nottingham
Birmingham v Loughborough ......should be a tasty match!!
Warwick v Staffordshire

Bath v Swansea
Cardiff v Bristol
Gloucestershire v Exeter

oxford v uea ......another interesting match
northampton v herts
brookes vs cambridge
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
whopead

Postby whopead Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:30 pm

I agree with those apart from Brum Lufbra...think Lufbra shud win comfortably. Oxford will prob beat UEA
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
J-Lo

Postby J-Lo Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:29 pm

This weekend is crunch time for UEA. After suffing upsets at both Leciester and Northampton and with many of our men not wanting to play mixed we aren't in a particulary enviable situation.

Add to that, that we have a had most of games so far re-scheduled. I take it we will be awarded the points since brookes didn't turn up yesterday?

Chippie we are playing Oxford twice this weekend. Saturday at UEA and Sunday at Oxford. There should be some interesting rivalries developed after the 1st match that will make the second encounter a partiulary heated affair.
goldenboy

Postby goldenboy Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:53 pm

I agree with the West predictions - dont know too much about this years crop of mixed teams in other leagues as I havent seen them in action.

Chippie/Stevie D - has a date been set for the regional cup? The WLA are trying to set a date for the Welsh 8's and dont want the two to clash.
J-Lo

Postby J-Lo Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:31 am

Oxford have now told us late this evening that they cannot get a mini bus and so will not be here for the game tomorrow. This is inspite of the fact that yesterday they said that they are deffinately comming.

This is the second time this season Oxford have cancelled at short notice, the last time was only a few hours before the game was to start.

This match must surely be awarded as a UEA walkover now (not the way we would choose to win).. there is no other reasonable option, they have failed to turn up twice now.

The game on sunday at Oxford is still going on, though.

The whole reason we had this bizarre arrangement of playing them at home on sat and away on sunday was becasue they cancelled last time. As the game is an important one, no team wants to have a single match count as double, especially if they are away, and further to the point, they should not have to.

I'm just dissapointed, since this means valuble time has been wasted, which could have been used to clear some of our re-arranged mens' games.
goldenboy

Postby goldenboy Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:13 am

I agree with you J-Lo, if a fixture has to be re-arranged and the same team cancel again a 10-0 walkover should be given as you've given them the opportunity to play it on another date. I dont like double pointing matches because if your team dont play to their best it can be costly.
Sour37

Results

Postby Sour37 Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:06 pm

Lufbra beat Brum 10-8

and warwick beat staffs...score unknown!
Two Up!
DommoBath

Postby DommoBath Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:08 pm

Swansea beat Bath Uni 33-3. It was quite the mauling, but to be honest, I think a lot of our players find it hard to take mixed seriously, which probably showed. Sorry if this causes any disrespect to other teams but I think the men who play are much more worried about the men's matches, especially today with the game straight after mixed.
aaron

Postby aaron Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:26 pm

Warwick 16 Staffs 8, staffs realy picked up their game in the second half while we got a bit complacent, but a nice win eventually
Steely Dan

Postby Steely Dan Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:46 pm

Northampton beat us 18 - 16. with a number of very heated moments. I have to hand it to Northampton that they did have a number of very good shots on goal.

However there was no doubt that your two large lads (Crabb and Goyle)have a fundemantal flawed knowledge of some of the most basic rules of mixed lacrosse.

Taken straight from Chippies rules listing online:

Contact: The act of using an uncontrolled or controlled tap, or a charge, barge, fend, on any part of an opponent’s body, with stick, body, arm, or elbow.

Blocking: Occurs when contact is initiated by a defender who has moved into the path of an opponent with the ball without giving that player a chance to stop or change direction.

I hate bitching but hey, not a lot more can be done if the ref doesn't call it 90% of the time.

EDIT: This is my personal B*tch and not the teams b*tch as a whole. Look forward to the men's next Saturday and hoping to play!
Herts Comets Founder 04-08
Welwyn Warriors 04/05. 08 -->
whopead

Postby whopead Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:57 pm

Made a cameo appearance in the Warwick v Staffs game today and in the 1st half we (me escpecially) were pretty bad and were down 11-2 ish by half time, however i think we did well to win the second half by one i believe....credit to Warwick and well done Staffs for a fightback of sorts!!
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
chippie

Postby chippie Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:53 am

bham v lboro was a good game to watch....
end to end stuff, well played both teams, well done to the lboro keeper, had lots of good saves!!
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
Wolfey1313

Postby Wolfey1313 Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:40 am

Hey
I had the Bath game at Swansea 30 - 2 Bath
Good game I thought
is your guy ok by the way? he was being sick a hell of a lot. How can one stomach hold so much!!!!!
Swansea Hawks Goalie

Number *17*
Ian#4
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Ian#4 Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:21 pm

People are susposed to be sick during mixed games.
Leeds :: SLL :: South :: Cardiff Harlequins :: Cardiff Uni :: Penarth
gemfan

Postby gemfan Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:10 pm

Wolfey1313 wrote:Hey
I had the Bath game at Swansea 30 - 2 Bath
Good game I thought
is your guy ok by the way? he was being sick a hell of a lot. How can one stomach hold so much!!!!!

i never knew either... :roll: but he is fine!!! he did well in the men's game...

btw...is there any way i can get in touch with your ladies' captain?email address? need to ask her something about wednesday and couldnt find it from your uni website.
J-Lo

Postby J-Lo Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:13 pm

We lost to Oxford in the end..the game was as you might expect with stopages ever minute or so, arguing, back chatting to the ref, lots of aggression. The game really needed a completely impartial ref, but it was always going to be tough to keep control of.

All credit to Oxford they played well and deserved the win…all due respect to the other teams in the league, but Oxford have basically won it again this year, whether we get given a walkover for them not turning up on Saturday or not.

Uea will now most likely to use the remaining games to give fresher more match experience, while our men will concentrate on securing a playoff place in the selma east league.

BTW - Are you allowed to shoot outside of the fan (provided there is no-one around) in mixed games? as yesterday was the 1st time we'd ever heard of this, also i thought we play boundaries in mixed?
mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:29 pm

bath - what you playing at? we're not top anymore as it means they've got a better goal diff now :cry: . still i guess now it'll make the varsity week even more fun!

J-Lo wrote:BTW - Are you allowed to shoot outside of the fan (provided there is no-one around) in mixed games? as yesterday was the 1st time we'd ever heard of this, also i thought we play boundaries in mixed?

yeah so long as not shooting through etc.. and boundaries are played now
Steely Dan

Postby Steely Dan Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:45 pm

Oxford and Cambridge still keep playing no boundaries and its really really starting to P*ss me off! The rules state that we play boundaries in mixed and I don't really care how traditional those two unis are, we train by certain rules and I think we really ought to all be playing by the same rules too.

Womens lacrosse now uses hard boundaries too! and I have just checked the online mixed rules as well as a number of sites on womens lacrosse regarding that shooting from outside the fan rule and can't find it recorded
Herts Comets Founder 04-08
Welwyn Warriors 04/05. 08 -->
J-Lo

Postby J-Lo Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:07 pm

yeah it was just really annoying firstly, the whole no boundarys thing means your running up hills and into mud pits. secondly they did not allow shooting outside the fan even if there was no-one else withing miles of you or the goal. Thridly, rules state that goalies must not where any padding that significantly increases their size. The Oxford goalies wears cricket pads, which meant our shots along the gorund were not as effective as they might have been.
Ian#4
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Ian#4 Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:32 pm

J-Lo wrote:The Oxford goalies wears cricket pads

I assume HaverGoalie was not involved!
Leeds :: SLL :: South :: Cardiff Harlequins :: Cardiff Uni :: Penarth

Return to “Mixed”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register