Guys who play mixed in mens gloves...

Play for a mixed team? Post In here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Uggy21

Guys who play mixed in mens gloves...

Postby Uggy21 Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:09 am

Just wondering how many men play mixed in mens glove(not inc keepers!)
Have noticed a few guys from various teams playing mixed in mens gloves.
Why?
Is it to protect your hands? pssst mixed is non contact
Practice to play with gloves on, surely that is for training.
To show that you play mens? Who cares it is mixed lacrosse.
Personally I dont see the point in wearing gloves for mixed.
Club/Team : Cardiff Harlequins #21/SLL #8/ Ex-Cardiff Uni #8/ Ex-UWIC #8/ Ex-Penarth#21/Lax Adicts #8
Sour37

Postby Sour37 Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:11 am

Keep your hand warm?

Nah that doesnt really work!
Two Up!
J-Lo

Postby J-Lo Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:50 am

when i used to play mixed i used mens gloves because that is what i'm used too and prefered the feel.
Chlammy

Postby Chlammy Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:07 pm

personally wearing mens gloves in mixed is gash!

theres really no point, handeling a stick without gloves is better and easier and it just looks stupid!

we played bristol in mixed yesterday and some dude was wearing them? why? :roll:
whopead

Postby whopead Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:11 pm

Because you can!!!
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
Chlammy

Postby Chlammy Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:25 pm

whopead wrote:Because you can!!!

... GASH!
Sour37

Postby Sour37 Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:47 pm

We had guy a couple of yrs ago who was a pretty decent player...played for yrs etc, and had chronic hand probs, and as he was/is a physio he always wore his gloves, as even getting hit gently didnt do him any good at all.

So ok, if you have hand problems will we let it go?

Probably not!
Two Up!
angry

Postby angry Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:53 pm

Chlammy wrote:we played bristol in mixed yesterday and some dude was wearing them? why? :roll:

I'm assuming your talking about our rather vocal canadian player? Obviously i cant answer for him but i would guess that any seasoned mens players wear gloves in mixed because its what they're used to. And any fresher mens players wear gloves to try and get used to them??

Anyway, cheers for the game, and the thrashing!! :roll:
Uggy21

Postby Uggy21 Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:13 pm

angry wrote:
Chlammy wrote:we played bristol in mixed yesterday and some dude was wearing them? why? :roll:

I'm assuming your talking about our rather vocal canadian player? Obviously i cant answer for him but i would guess that any seasoned mens players wear gloves in mixed because its what they're used to. And any fresher mens players wear gloves to try and get used to them??

Anyway, cheers for the game, and the thrashing!! :roll:

Dont think I have ever seen a seasoned mens player ever wear Mens gloves in a mixed game. Most seasoned mens players would be good enough to know how to play without gloves, most that I know prefer feel without gloves, cos u have more control.
Still think it looks pap! You try to show that u play mens, bully for u. Whole medical reason...if it that bad that u mite get clipped in mixed, surely a full check in mens should be worse!
Club/Team : Cardiff Harlequins #21/SLL #8/ Ex-Cardiff Uni #8/ Ex-UWIC #8/ Ex-Penarth#21/Lax Adicts #8
Demus

Postby Demus Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:19 pm

Gloves in mixed=Gamma.

On the whole it seems they wear them to show they play mens and cos they play for sum gamma mens team that happens to beat other mens they think they're something special and think they're superior to the guys who played mixed and feel they need to show the fact they play mens.

Anyone (aside from people who have a reaosn like hand problems) are generally clueless about lax lifestyle/the game.

That being said, I played against mixed yesterday who wore gloves and 2 of them hand reasonable handling considering they probs started lax at Uni but they were still thought of as gammas by the people who play "proper" mens on account of them playing with gloves.

You get better feel of your stick without gloves, thats why plenty of players cut their palms if they can get away with it. It takes no time to get used to a stick without gloves.

The fact that they're sort of kitted up like mens players also makes them think that they eb more boisterous by shooting through their defenders and barge people.

Some guy found out that you can't barge the hard way when he tried to run straight though one of the 2 "proper" mens players (who fancied playing a mixed game) and landed on his arse after our guy pretty much just stood there. Threw his stick too as if our guy had done something wrong too lmao.
Last edited by Demus on Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.monstermesh.co.uk - The Best for Mesh! (and now also scandium shafts,heads, gloves, balls, dye and tape!)
Rian

Postby Rian Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:19 pm

I'd wear them cos it's so friggin cold in this country...if I didn't have other gloves. As concerns what I look like on the pitch: couldn't really care less :lol:
HLC Munich #??
Ex-Bristol Bombers #1
Ex-Bristol Sharks #23
Flamin' Galahs #23
-------------------------------------------------------
'Trust me...I'm a Lawyer'
rhodrigo27

Postby rhodrigo27 Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:24 pm

ugg, you read my mind, i played yesterday and there was 2 players in our opposition wearing mens gloves, i was actually pissing myself.

and chlammy, i used your exact phrase when descrbing them to a team mate, who being female hit me and told me never to say that word around her again.........
G'Day Bruce..............

Warrior lacrosse equipment
Demus

Postby Demus Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:24 pm

Your stick with feel less cold if you wrap it in tape. People who wear them purely cos its cold is fair enough and not all that gammerish....but you probs do need to be a bit less southern :p

There's better ways having warm hand than wearing bulky lax gloves.
http://www.monstermesh.co.uk - The Best for Mesh! (and now also scandium shafts,heads, gloves, balls, dye and tape!)
Uggy21

Postby Uggy21 Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:43 pm

Rian wrote:I'd wear them cos it's so friggin cold in this country...if I didn't have other gloves. As concerns what I look like on the pitch: couldn't really care less :lol:

first rule of lax, you got to look good! :D
Mens Gloves in mixed doesnt!
You stand out as being a bit of a gamma, and as said, if you try play body, 1.you look like a d**k, and 2. you are likely to get dropped by someone who can play body.
My personal favourite, is a guys wearing mens gloves, and getting dropped by a girl, tears of laughter, with a little bit of pee. :lol:
Rian

Postby Rian Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:00 pm

Now that is funny....seen it a couple of times :lol:
HLC Munich #??
Ex-Bristol Bombers #1
Ex-Bristol Sharks #23
Flamin' Galahs #23
-------------------------------------------------------
'Trust me...I'm a Lawyer'
goldenboy

Postby goldenboy Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:34 pm

I personally think mixed rules should be adapted so you can take out the people wearing mens gloves. They obviously think they're playing mens so treat them to a bit....
Demus

Postby Demus Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:40 pm

Rhod it wasnt just 2 it was their whole team lol.

Random point...if the defense player catches your shot above his head in his stick, don't try and claim that a) you weren't shooting through b) its OK to shoot through "because you're my defender".

Its people who ARENT marking you that arent allowed to get in your shooting space.

Bloody gammas! Arghh!
Chlammy

Postby Chlammy Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:46 pm

no excuses are acceptable if u ask me! MENS GLOVES IN MIXED IS A NO NO! :D

IF, u do have bad hands or are a poof and complain about 'cold hands' then wear womens LAX gloves! im sure you can find a pair that will fit? :roll:

Stick tape is the way forward... see cheeky! :D

lastly... uggy your wierd! :roll:
Demus

Postby Demus Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:48 pm

goldenboy wrote:I personally think mixed rules should be adapted so you can take out the people wearing mens gloves. They obviously think they're playing mens so treat them to a bit....

Too right! They need to be put in their place ie face down in the mud. The next gloved mixed player who barges me is going to get put down, penalty or not!
Uggy21

Postby Uggy21 Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:55 pm

Chlammy wrote:lastly... uggy your wierd! :roll:

And your point!? :lol:

Return to “Mixed”